Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: soccer

Postby Neo Matrix » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 pm

It wasn't like he had much choice but to try it...
Crimson Ryan wrote:I switched it off at 3-0. Where did they find the fourth goal!?
As someone tweeted to the BBC, "Juan Mata, Juan Minute, Juan Goal"... Torres with the assist
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby south carmain » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:45 pm

^the way they were playing, i'm sure he could of made a better shot, the look on his face kind of showed he was getting cocky
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Neo Matrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:44 am

Not really, he was in a situation similar to Welbeck when he scored against Germany. The ball coming quickly and he was past the near post with no chance to turn and shoot. If Buffon wasn't alert or just in the right position it would have gone in. Plus, the guy who did it is a central defender, they're not supposed to have that kind of skill!
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:10 am

Sack Harry for AVB.....why?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Spokane » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Sack Harry for AVB.....why?

Harry Sack.

Sorry, my sick mind took over my movements just now.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:12 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0EqnoaPNLI[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:13 am

Spurs are getting busy, Ade, Vertonghen and Sigurdsson signed but Modric could leave with Real being the expected place. Also talk that Rafa might go to Germany to be nearer to his wife and kid.

Not a bad kit, not bought one in a few years as i treat them like yearly games are refuse to ''upgrade'' every year.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 am

Been laughin my bollocks off how the previous 10 pages went from givin us a dig to revellin in our poor form to genuine hope we'd fall then to straight up bitterness, finishin up with sheer admiration for that final day. Buyin the title, whatever, wheelin n dealin can't win you a Champions League spot, and for all united's history, what did they get for it? A shiney plate. Sorry, had to throw in my two title-winning pennies about last season before movin onto the next.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:31 pm

You did buy the title ;-) City would never have won anything in todays game without all the money.

Since coming back to the league Citys finishes have been

Guess when the new owners came in with lots and lots of money ;-)

UTD should have won the title but they bottled it and ill never understand why Fergie played the way he did away to City? That match probably cost them the title.
But no one can say other wise, the end to this season was the best its ever been or probably will ever be. I doubt we will see anything like that again.
And at the end of the day its nice to see more than the usual 2 in the title race.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Let's not forget the strong foundations upon which the team's been built over the last five or six seasons. It's like Chelsea, it wasn't a simple case of buying a winning squad, it was utilising available funds to bring in the right (and in some cases under Mark Hughes, totally wrong) players to improve upon which and whatever positions. I think we've gone the right away about it, but I can obviously see why fans from other clubs feel pretty bitter n pissed off about it.

What do you think about Harry's sacking anyway? I was a bit surprised at first, but I reckon it makes a lot of sense. He usually goes in for players who can do well under his reign as opposed to building a platform that benefits future generations. He did the same at Pompy n West Ham, so this could actually be the best thing that's happened to Spurs. I mean, look at Mark Hughes. It made me sick when he was replaced by Mancini, but it's obviously worked out for the best. (I know, I know, you don't have the type of resources we have, but the right-minded manager can make or break a club)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:City would never have won anything in todays game without all the money.

No team will. The game is now just about money and I'll be shocked if a team wins the Premiership in the next 10 years without throwing money around.

I'm glad City won the title as it pisses off all the Utd fans here in Kent who have never been to Manchester let alone a game.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:24 am

Sadly true which is why i laugh and cry at Levy saying Spurs wont spend big but think they can win the title.

As for Harry i think he was 4 players away from having a real title pushing team but again would he have been given the funds? I doubt it.
I do think the players need to take a lot of the blame for how they fell apart but i also dont think he helped by suddenly playing 5 in midfield as it made our game much slower.
My biggest issue with him was his lack of rotation, Bale was hit and miss last season while Pienaar looked solid when he went back to Everton so it would have been nice to maybe give Bale a rest now and then and play him.

I like Dos Santos but i think he played in 4 league games since Harry took over and all of them as subs.

And i have no idea why he bought in Saha only to drop him after 3 games? But i just dont see why you would sack him for AVB who did pretty poorly at Chelsea? Lets face it if he had not been sacked Chelsea would never have won the CL and Harry would have guided them to a 2nd CL tournament.
But then we really should have finished 3rd.

And while City had built some foundations at the club which is always good i still dont think they would have even been a top 4 team without spending the money they have. But thats more to do with how the game is now and its good that you have atleast 6 maybe 7 teams good enough for a top 4.
The one thing you can say about Chelsea is they finished 2nd the season before Rom took over.

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: GEN2GEN forums-Relaunched from Yakuza forums

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:27 am

I can see a City win. 2-1
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:30 am

Chelsea vs City in a bit, Im going with 2-1 to City.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: GEN2GEN forums-Relaunched from Yakuza forums

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:52 am

Nah, either 2-1 to Chelsea or Chelsea win on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Chelsea to win the title, United runner-up, us in third, Liverpool fourth. Fifth n sixth will be a toss-up between Arsenal and Spurs.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic