Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Football

Postby Nahovil » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:04 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:Hahaha! Congrats to Portugal! Your team went into tournament mode from the round of 16 on and didn't conced any more goals after the group stage, which is why they deserve the title. Great organisation, great fighting spirit. Pretty anemic performance by the French team in the final, considering it was their own national stadium. Unsportsmanlike Payet got what he deserved and what a career-defining match from Rui Patricio. =D>

Feeling kind of sorry for Cedric Biscay and Benjamin Berget though. Cheer up, guys! :heart:

I agree. France ought to have done better, considering the opposition. Our defensive solidity was enough, in the end. As soon as I saw Pogba deployed deep in midfield I figured we had a change. Kante should have played there instead, thus setting Pogba free to attack. World champion Deschamps thought otherwise, what the fuck does he know?!

Who Really Cares? wrote:Yeah but under the original rules. They would have been sent home after the group stage. Crazy.

While I agree with you, I don't see that as a valid argument - under the original rules, nobody would ever be offside. That also strikes me as a logical fallacy: letting teams know a third place goes through and not otherwise would logically potentiate different outcomes. If you know a third place will be enough (or even in some cases, better, considering the opposition), you will play accordingly.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Football

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:45 am

It's just completely pointless other than to give broadcasters more money.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Previous

Return to Off Topic