Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Stevie » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:10 pm

He's at a better club now, where a certain american keeper is first choice.
Chris Kirland is stet to play in the Liverpol starting line-up, for a month or two, as Dudek is to be rested as he has qualifying games for WC.

Robinson should have conceaded less for Leeds.
He either doesn't care and gives in easilly or is a terrible keeper.
He seems to dive but at the same time let's shots go right past him.
Stevie
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby eddie_bo_jr » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:05 am

Stevie wrote:Robinson should have conceaded less for Leeds.
He either doesn't care and gives in easilly or is a terrible keeper.
He seems to dive but at the same time let's shots go right past him.

Couldn't put it any better, he is meant to be a good keeper and played well for a few seasons but then just let in way too many for leeds last season. Leeds weren't great, and had a poor defense after Ferdinand left ( although they still had Harte - what the hell happened to his ability ?! ), but when I watched match highlights it just looked like he wasn't trying with some of the simpler goals, either that or as you say he was just crap and couldn't stop anything. Being an Arsenal fan it doesn't bother me where he went, just happens that now there's 2 dodgey keepers in a certain rival club ;)

Kirkland might not play often but when he does he looks solid and defenders seem to have confidence in him, they certainly don't with James and I wouldn't be with Robinson even if he did have a good reputation
eddie_bo_jr
Master of the Three Blades

Postby the_great_chai » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:56 am

MattyHAZUKI wrote:
eddie_bo_jr wrote:How many goals a season does van nistelrooy score from anywhere other than inside the 6 yard box ?! Maybe now they got Rooney man utd will be a little more entertaining instead of just running up the wing, cross, followed by the usual tap in. Losing Beckham has hurt man utd badly, he was the master at crossing, but now he's gone they just don't look that threatening any more and other teams know what to expect

well that's what van nistelrooy is paid to do, put the ball in the net.how he does it doesnt really matter does it?

ronaldo over beckham any day

I totally agree, It's not how he scores, it's that he scores. United have such a strong midfield that it would be rediculous to have a forward who has to score from like 30 meters out, when our midfield can deliver the ball in front of goal. Besides his considered one of the best strikers in the world couse of what he does off the ball. Not many strikers can find space and have the vision and finishing that Ruud does.
Ronaldo however i think is total shit. He looks good and he does some nice runs, but it's more style over substance. his runs in the end are pretty uneffective and he loses the ball more then his runs actually get him somewhere.
the_great_chai

Postby Sidewinder » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:26 am

Sorry but the certain American keeper u are talking about hasnt played a game this season and is not going to play a game this season and is leaving 4 that reason

i gotta respect your opinon on Robinson but i dont agree with it i think u are looking far more on negatives of Robinsons games yes he conceaded a lot of goals with a Leeds deffence that was probbaly the worst in league in front of him the guys got tremendous agilty as he has proven over the last 3 seasons his command of the area is exelent and well i cant realy judge on his decision making but i saw him save 1 or 2 penalties last season

i dont know how u can call him a terrible keeper hes hardly a Shaka Hislop or even a Davvid James lol i'd go as far 2 say hes one of the best keepers in the league
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby eddie_bo_jr » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:39 am

I don't think Robinsons ability is in that much doubt, I'd still consider him a good keeper, and he probably just needs to get back on form with a *cough* better team ;)

Man Utd's midfield is beginning to look it's age, Keane is not what he used to be even if he can still talk the talk, Giggs is still good, Scholes is ok, but the rest ? Fletcher is too young and needs more games and experience, Ronaldo is annoying and overated, Kleberson was good til he moved and has hardly played for one reason or another, Djemba Djemba has also rarely played and has had little impact and then there's Quinton Fortune ... oh dear ...

As for this van Nistelrooy thing, he's good at what he does I won't disagree at all, but what he does is goal hang, end of story, and this "vision" thing that was mentioned, c'mon, the guy can't see the goal from more than 6 yards. Henry and Bergkamp have real vision and can score/make a goal from nothing, same with other world class strikers like Trezeguet, Ronaldo or Raul, van Nistelrooy has to have the play made up for him which just makes the whole team less of a threat
eddie_bo_jr

Postby Sidewinder » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:23 pm

Just purely out of interest is the better team your talking bout Tottenham or someone else ^_^ or was that sarcasm lol
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby eddie_bo_jr » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:43 pm

I'm an Arsenal fan so saying Tottenham are a "good" team doesn't come naturally to me :lol:

Having said that Tottenham look like they're getting better, Defoe was a good buy, they got a few others who are doing ok, and it would be nice to see a decent contest in a north london derby match with a team other than chelsea
eddie_bo_jr

Postby Sidewinder » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:20 pm

Oh your a Gooner then that explains it lol if u dont know i surport Spurs ^_^ u coulda been a lot more insulting than that and there was even a compliment thrown in well i guess your not all bad ^_^
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Stevie » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:49 pm

You should have bought a better cheaper english keeper.
Like Dean Kiely.
Stevie
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MattyHAZUKI » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:53 pm

eddie_bo_jr wrote:I don't think Robinsons ability is in that much doubt, I'd still consider him a good keeper, and he probably just needs to get back on form with a *cough* better team ;)

Man Utd's midfield is beginning to look it's age, Keane is not what he used to be even if he can still talk the talk, Giggs is still good, Scholes is ok, but the rest ? Fletcher is too young and needs more games and experience, Ronaldo is annoying and overated, Kleberson was good til he moved and has hardly played for one reason or another, Djemba Djemba has also rarely played and has had little impact and then there's Quinton Fortune ... oh dear ...

As for this van Nistelrooy thing, he's good at what he does I won't disagree at all, but what he does is goal hang, end of story, and this "vision" thing that was mentioned, c'mon, the guy can't see the goal from more than 6 yards. Henry and Bergkamp have real vision and can score/make a goal from nothing, same with other world class strikers like Trezeguet, Ronaldo or Raul, van Nistelrooy has to have the play made up for him which just makes the whole team less of a threat

giggs, keane, scholes, ronaldo....looks a pretty good midfield from where im sitting.

van nistelrooy has to have the play made up for him yes because he's a striker not a playmaker or winger like henry ;)

world class strikers like raul!? the guy who hasn't scored a league goal since january or something like that...
MattyHAZUKI
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sidewinder » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:59 pm

Stevie wrote:You should have bought a better cheaper english keeper.
Like Dean Kiely.

Sorry but now im starting to think u are having a laugh with me i just gotta say with all due respect Paul Robinson fucks Dean Kiely up and Robinson only cost £1.4 million that peanuts considering his age and ability
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sidewinder » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:03 pm

Going off the topic for a sec what team does everyone surport

if u cant tell Spurs here ^_^
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amin » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:14 pm

Arsenal like Stevie and eddie_bo_jr. ;) Some of our discussions should be interesting lol/
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Stevie » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:11 pm

The Lonely Shepherd wrote:Going off the topic for a sec what team does everyone surport

Wait there...
Stevie
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby PirateMuffins » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:12 pm

I support Aragon.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic