So, how many of you think that you’ve got a mental disorder?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Do you? (Total votes: 21)

Yes
57%
No
24%
Nah, mental disorders are for pussies
19%

So, how many of you think that you’ve got a mental disorder?

Postby John Petrucci » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:45 am

Random question, I'm very interested in seeing the response.. Why? Because I see friends, other folks, people on forums and such talkin' about them quite a bit. I, of course, have my opinions on the matter. I would like to see what folks think before I give them out though.. Don't want to scare anyone off. I don’t have any “disorders”, for the record. I’m a human and am subject to different moods though. ;)
John Petrucci
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ::RFY:: » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:50 am

it's not really a disorder. I suffer depression. The n00bs on this forum arnt helping me from not thinking about killing them for being fuckin stupid.
::RFY::
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby John Petrucci » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:52 am

I wouldn't mess with any new folks, they've got guns and shit.
John Petrucci
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Gongjue » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:52 am

The n00bs on this forum arnt helping me from not thinking about killing them for being fuckin stupid.

Last edited by Gongjue on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gongjue
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yukupo » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:54 am

"Disorder" is a label that people give things that are different or intolerable for certain reasons. "Disorders" can range from being unsocial which can hurt your chances at 'real' world life. They also are for the stupidest things. Certain 'disorders' may stop you from being able to live period. But I would rather die than be pumped up with drugs. Anything else is just a difference in your own brain mechanics and shouldn't be called a 'disorder'. Oh well. Whatever.
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby John Petrucci » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:55 am

What new folks are you talking about? Image

I haven't seen any bad ones?

<hr>You know what bothers me? Folks who say they have "trendy" psychiatric "disorders" (Social Anxiety Disorder comes to mind) or what have you to get pity or to use them as an excuse. Why? Because there are folks out their who legitimately suffer from those disorders and the seriousness of those disorders is taken away by these “faking” douchebags. Shazaam

[Post merged-Sonikku]
John Petrucci
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yukupo » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:27 am

Yeah I know, that's how it always is. I probably have a book of 'disorders' but I would never care to go to the doctor and get them diagnosed. The idea of getting stuffed with drugs and turning into a drowsy drooling mindless drone is a bit unappealing. (I know I'm overdoing it a little...)

I wonder when they will create the perfect drug that turns humans into thoughtless 'worker bees'. I think television is doing a pretty good job at at that.
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby John Petrucci » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:30 am

Yukio wrote:Yeah I know, that's how it always is. I probably have a book of 'disorders' but I would never care to go to the doctor and get them diagnosed. The idea of getting stuffed with drugs and turning into a drowsy drooling mindless drone is a bit unappealing. (I know I'm overdoing it a little...)

I wonder when they will create the perfect drug that turns humans into thoughtless 'worker bees'. I think television is doing a pretty good job at at that.

The drugs don't work, they just make things more bearable.. Most folks could probably work through their problems, if they wanted to deal with them that is.

Isn’t that the plot of Equilibrium/Farenheit 451?
John Petrucci
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yukupo » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:35 am

Yeah usually it is the plot of those type of stories. Turn the citizens into slave workers (Kind of like now, only with less of this 'individuality' stuff,) and then you have a working lower class that will not rebel. Though the current system is doing a good job with this 'make them think they're free' system.

Oh, I've gone off topic. :oops:

But yeah, the strength to work through problems exists within all of us. It's the power of will that creates how strong we are. But it's easier to just sponge off of somebody else then work for yourself. Get an easy fix and turn on the television. Oh well.
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby silent killer » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:17 am

I'm pretty sure I'm fine, but I do manage to forget a whole lot. More than normal people, even. Now my older sister, she's crazy, and I'm not joking.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby JAPANFAN » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:18 am

John Petrucci wrote:You know what bothers me? Folks who say they have "trendy" psychiatric "disorders" (Social Anxiety Disorder comes to mind) or what have you to get pity or to use them as an excuse. Why? Because there are folks out their who legitimately suffer from those disorders and the seriousness of those disorders is taken away by these “faking” douchebags. Shazaam

:o

Social anxiety, agoraphobia, depression, OCD.
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:52 am

Depression.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:54 am

i think so

i think i see reality very differently from the other people in the world.. and get angry, lonely and depressed due to it.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Forklift#5 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:50 am

John Petrucci wrote:You know what bothers me? Folks who say they have "trendy" psychiatric "disorders" (Social Anxiety Disorder comes to mind) or what have you to get pity or to use them as an excuse. Why? Because there are folks out their who legitimately suffer from those disorders and the seriousness of those disorders is taken away by these “faking” douchebags. Shazaam

yeah I agree

and for the record I said "No, mental disorders are for pussies"
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby pico » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:56 am

Depression.
pico
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Off Topic