So, how many of you think that you’ve got a mental disorder?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Do you? (Total votes: 21)

Yes
57%
No
24%
Nah, mental disorders are for pussies
19%

Postby XR_END » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:59 pm

I believe many forms of social disorders is the brain attempting to fix or make sense of things. When one is depressed, the mind is trying to invoke deep thought and keep the body away from the problem. I dunno, the mind is too complex to comprehend. The one thing I do know is that too many emotional feelings/episodes are being tied into disorders unnecessarily.
XR_END
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SpringChick » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:27 pm

Social Phobia, OCD, depression. Had them all for years. Life isn't fun.
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Cyberman » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:07 am

I somestimes suffer from depression.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:40 am

SpringChick wrote:Social Phobia, OCD, depression. Had them all for years. Life isn't fun.

You bring up a VERY good point Spring Chick, "LIFE ISNT FUN" in life there are a few certain things that need to happen (i am speaking on behalf of myself I dunno about any one else) firstly, you always need to do what you want to do (I mean if your not doing something because you want to, then why the hell are you doing it?) Second, You dont need to be working, working is just a mechanism set up buy our government to give them power, dont be a slave and get caught up in the governments game (Yes, I know I'm a Hypocrit but so is everyone else, so it doesnt matter) and third and MOST importantly, enjoy your surroundings, enjoy the beauty of whatever it is your consider beautiful, there is nothing better than enjoying beauty (which can be described in countless different ways).

By now who knows what you guys may be thinking but let me finish, As you can probably tell, none of those things I have just talked about can happen in todays society, everyone seems to think they cant just do whatever it is they want when they want, I refuse to be a slave of this society, if I cant do what I want, then fuck working for it, I would rather die than be a slave to get what I should have in the first place, but its probably just been humanity doing it to ourselves, humanities hunger for power is what will ultimately be our down fall, and dont think it wont happen either, there is a begining and an end to everything, thats just how nature works. (damn humanities hunger for power, and their greed as well)

Now, on to the topic at hand, do I think I have any mental "disorders" well yes and no, (depends on your perspective and I will go ahead and assume both) yes, to you people (society) I probably have some sort of mental "disorder" but I have never gotten any diagnosed, but no I dont think I have any mental disorders, I think its everyone else that has the disorder, well not EVERYone but the majority of the people that make up this society, but who am I against the beliefs of an entire society, heh.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby rome » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:13 am

I dont have any mental disabilitys or anything like that, im just slow at certain times. Im lucky to have turned out the way i am :)
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Araviel » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:07 pm

Sometimes I stress to much and complicate things, sometimes I'm just cold and ignorant and doesn't really... well, think of others. I dunno, never had serious depression or mental scars even though I should have looking at the past, maybe I'll be mentally disturbed later in life, I just hope that what I've seen don't go from parents to kids by blood cause then I'm screwed....
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby DaMulder » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:46 pm

I guess I am not a total mental case but I do have slight touches of schizophrenia (=split personality). But I guess everyone who tries to be himself gets that problem sometimes because being yourself is probably one of the most complicated mascerades possible...

Not to mention that I can have hour-long discussions with myself but I suppose that's a good thing for people who want to know more about themselves. Apart from that... I'm "normal" ;)
DaMulder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Kerbal Space Program

Postby pico » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:51 pm

DaMulder wrote:Not to mention that I can have hour-long discussions with myself

Good. I thought I was the only one!
pico
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Araviel » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:37 pm

^don't all....? 0_o of course, in my head, not litterally speaking, but the convos are there!
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yukupo » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:03 pm

Araviel wrote:^don't all....? 0_o of course, in my head, not litterally speaking, but the convos are there!
I've had conversations out loud before. :shock:
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hikusaak » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:11 pm

I call my disorder Rage. :shock:
Hikusaak
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Araviel » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:11 pm

^well, if thats the way you like it *shrugs*
It's not abnormal to think and therefore somehow talk with yourself. Whats abnormal is when you walk around muttering all the time to someone who's not there..thats when it gets creepy...
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby CT » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:29 pm

No, I don't think I have mental disabilities. I am to be just fine and enjoying life :P.
CT
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:39 pm

I don't think I have Social Anxiety, but I feel awkward around people I don't know well, or people I don't like and know they don't like me either- Like that white puffball commercial says about it, I feel like I'm being judged a lot and I'm worried people are thinking in their heads, "Damn, that kid's a retard" before they even know me. I wouldn't call it a disorder, just a problem I have that I'll either overcome or just deal with it.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amin » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:53 pm

Na, i aint got none, life is great. :D
A lot of people here seen to suffer from Social Anxiety. The only way to deal with that is get involved. Well thats what i think but i spose i'm not in the posistion to be telling how to behave.
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic