What movie are you watching right now?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Postby Bambi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:09 pm

In the Heat of the Night, Hang 'Em High and Best of the Best.

The first two I'd never seen but I watched Best of the Best a few times when I was a kid, it's a typical cheesy martial arts flick from the early 90s but it has a surprisingly emotion ending.

Sonikku wrote:Gattaca. I'm surprised I had never heard of it before. It was on television and I ended up loving it.

Yeah it's a goodie.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Spider Man

realized a gaping flaw. When he goes to wrestle and signs up the woman see's his face. Then the guy who pays him see's his face. That's two people who knows who he is. Also forgot how bad the CGI is.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 pm

That's nothing. In the second film a whole train full sees who he is. :P I think it's intentional. Besides, in the wrestling bit I don't think Spiderman was a big hero yet, nor was he wearing the same outfit he wold wear as a vigilante.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:00 pm

The whole school see's him dragging a giant spider web with a tray then some very acrobatic fighting vs flash. Would not take long for someone to put 2 & 2 together
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bambi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Bluecast wrote:The whole school see's him dragging a giant spider web with a tray then some very acrobatic fighting vs flash. Would not take long for someone to put 2 & 2 together

Comic book citzens are notoriously myopic, Superman's disguise is a set of glasses and a slight change of hair style.

The real flaw with those Spider-Man films is that I didn't like them in spite of them being made by Sam Raimi.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

I thought the third one was pretty mediocre, largely the result of Rami having to shoe horn in Venom when he makes it blatantly clear he didn't want anything to do with that plot thread. I did enjoy the first two though, the second one especially that I thought had a couple moving moments. (one with Aunt May was particularly powerful early in the film) The biggest flaw I see in the movies was how it seemed to turn into a comical cliche of how Parker always seems to meet and know the guy that becomes the villain and the villain always seems to kidnap Mary Jane in particular in every finale, even though they scarcely know her to be spider-man's woman. Talk about a high maintenance girlfriend! :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRlmb0xAtBs[/youtube]

One of my early idols.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Sonikku wrote:I thought the third one was pretty mediocre, largely the result of Rami having to shoe horn in Venom when he makes it blatantly clear he didn't want anything to do with that plot thread. I did enjoy the first two though, the second one especially that I thought had a couple moving moments. (one with Aunt May was particularly powerful early in the film) The biggest flaw I see in the movies was how it seemed to turn into a comical cliche of how Parker always seems to meet and know the guy that becomes the villain and the villain always seems to kidnap Mary Jane in particular in every finale, even though they scarcely know her to be spider-man's woman. Talk about a high maintenance girlfriend! :lol:

Doc Oc needs spiderman alive. He doesn't know it's Peter Parker. He just knows Parker takes his pictures. So what does he do? He throws a fucking car at him because you know anyone can dodge a flying car. He kidnaps her for no reason. In the first it made more sense. Second and third it's like she was there for quota.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Sonikku wrote:That's nothing. In the second film a whole train full sees who he is. :P I think it's intentional. Besides, in the wrestling bit I don't think Spiderman was a big hero yet, nor was he wearing the same outfit he wold wear as a vigilante.

Pretty sure he chucks the mask off when outside the train so in no way could the kids get it and give it back to him? Been ages since i saw it. Very over rated series.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Kenny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Total Recall (2012)

It was alright. Great architecture and set pieces plus Kate Beckinsale. The action started out promising but then the stupid close ups and shakey cam happens, so you can't see anything again. Plus the story was way too ambitious and it just got confusing, which wouldn't be much of a problem if the characters weren't dull.

Worth a rental.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Spokane » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:01 pm

But it doesn't live up to the original I take it. (which is what I'd expect anyway)
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby OL » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:28 am

^^It's not really based on the old movie (which was, despite its entertainment value, a pretty horrid bastardization of its source material). It's an adaptation of the original story instead.
From everything I hear, it's basically a completely different movie. A nod or two here and there, but it isn't even based on Mars.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Already seen them both, but I caught Inglourious Basterds on tv last night, and Desperado the night before. A couple of my favorites. Desperado is still the best thing Robert Rodriguez has ever done (if I could only have ten movies for the rest of my life, this would easily be one of them), and I think the hooplah over IB died down too quickly. No one ever talks about it anymore, but I love it to death. Such an obvious labor of love from Tarantino. Though I can't say it's my favorite of his, I still think it's absolutely some of his best work as a director. Probably one of my favorite WWII movies though.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby silent killer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:11 am

I recently described Total Recall to a friend as a shiny turd when compared to the original, which is not exactly a fair comparison since as has been noted already, they are not the same film. It was literally too shiny compared to the original, which was dirty in every sense of the word.

Saw The Bourne legacy today. It was quite good. rather than continue where the last movie left off. It starts fresh with a new operative, and delves deeper into this world of espionage and assassination.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Peter » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Making me want to fire up the N64 though.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sonikku » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 pm

The Grey. Kinda depressing. :sad: Pretty good film though.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic