What movie are you watching right now?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Postby Rakim » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:22 pm

The new Jumanji was surprisingly fun. They did a good job of using the original concept and building on that to make this movie its own thing. The whole video game concept with the avatars, NPCs, missions and stuff was well done.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:29 am

Cool story bro..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:22 am

After watching the documentary "Jim and Andy" on Netflix, I finally watched "Man on the Moon". It was really fascinating to watch and pretty crazy how into character he got. I would highly recommend both movies if you haven't watched either.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: Rakim
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:29 am

Blade runner 2049 was so damn... bland.

There's too much overexplanation, the antagonists suck MAJOR balls, and the main guy... is just not good. Heck, even the action scenes were straight out boring.

It had some beautiful photography, and the AI chick was hot as fuck. THat's a plus.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Deta » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:08 am

Confession of Murder - japanese version.

I've never learned to like Fujiwara Tatsuya's acting but somehow he seems to be in every japanese movie Im about to watch.

On the other hand Ito Hideaki does a great job acting as a hot headed detective.

Overall I liked the movie even though the plot was mostly the same with the korean version this one is based on.
Deta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:07 am

shredingskin wrote: Blade runner 2049 was so damn... bland.

There's too much overexplanation, the antagonists suck MAJOR balls, and the main guy... is just not good. Heck, even the action scenes were straight out boring.

It had some beautiful photography, and the AI chick was hot as fuck. THat's a plus.

The movie was definitely long, thats for sure. That being said, I loved it so much more than the original. Its not often that I think a sequel is better than the original, but this was one case of that. You wanna talk about boring, the original put me to sleep the first time I watched it. I gave it another shot and couldn't understand the big deal. I understand the cultural significance of it and the cinematography was great, but the story was not that good.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:48 pm

It was a simple noir case, that was what made it pretty good. The visuals were stunning, but every character had so many layers, the whole concept of what is human and more human than human subtext was always there.

This one was kinda interesting, but after meeting deckard the movie loses it's plot, there's really nothing else going on. The AI stuff was conceptually the most interesting part and how can we forge meaning, but after that... were any of the action scenes actually worth it ? In this movie they start with the whole "replicants are discriminated", to basically give some subtext of having an AI girlfriend, then it's left on the dust and most of the people we meet were replicants either way, maybe I missed something, but I never understood the motivation of the main villain, there's nothing more in it than "life is what is lived" or some bullshit like that (and compare it with the last nexus in the original).

In the first one is a group of replicants trying to find a cure for their "illness", when there was not a cure nor it was an illness, the villain was actually symphatetic to them, the deckard replicant dilemma is always haunting there. It's just better in every way for me.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby sand4fish » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:24 am

Batman Ninja. A reimagining of the Batman universe and a parody in itself... simply a joy to watch. The plot is too wack for me to be invested emotionally, but damn it is fun watching characters being thrown in the craziest of anime situations. The animation alone is worth the sitting, as it is one of the most beautiful I ever watched with each frame looking like a painting.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Caleb » Wed May 16, 2018 3:04 am

The Matrix Reloaded
Caleb
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Haruto » Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 pm

I was in the mood for a cornball superhero film. I never saw F4 Silver Surfer but always heard it was bad. I gave it a shot. lol you can set your watch to all the cliché moments and dialogue. It's a work of art to have every single moment in a film so cliché and the first 40 minutes there is no super hero action at all. Galactus is a giant fart cloud. Isn't that the same thing in the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still and that Green Lantern film? What was with all these films and gas clouds. I hope there is never a F4 movie ever again. I would not mind them in MCU but like Scarlet Witch just brought in an Avengers film. Is it sad the 1994 F4 film has the most faithful looking Thing?
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Previous

Return to Off Topic