General Anime Discussion

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: General Anime Discussion

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:22 pm

OL wrote:
Looking at the trailer itself, I do have to say I'm weirdly disappointed that they've pretty much just lifted so many of the visuals from the Oshii movie. Practically 90% of the freakin' trailer is all just swiped from that one, solitary source. With so much Ghost in the Shell to pull from (the multiple comic series, the multiple tv shows, the multiple movies), it's odd that they seemingly decided to just lift from that one example.
Additionally, it seems like they've totally missed the point of the Ghost in the Shell mythos entirely. They seem to have turned it into some sterile, hackneyed, Hollywood crap about her being a new kind of android or something, instead of focusing on the undertones of individuality in a world totally connected by the net. Way to fuck that up.

this is exactly what I was getting at in my last post, alot of the scenes in the trailer are taken straight out of the original film. I also dont remember the major being on some huge quest to "find herself" in the other media platforms of GitS, her work was always her life and everything else was way in the rear view of that. But this time around shes all concerned about her past and who she used to be and why they "saved" her. Also I dont recall her casually kissing other people (maybe if it was a setup for a job for Section 9). I feel they are trying to make her too human, shes a cold robot in everything else and I think they missed this part. I dont think she ever was human in the other stuff either, I see alot of issues, but I would consider myself a purist when it comes to GitS, the original concept is just too good, and if you change core elements of that, meh. I do think this film will probably be a visual stunner, the casting is atrocious, none of them look like their characters. But hey, nothing can be as bad as Dragon Bell Evolution, lets hope this is not that at the very least...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Watching Galaxy Express 999. I just stand in amazement watching this show. I keep telling myself "I can't believe they just did that." What in blazes is it with women constantly giving this kid a gun? :lol: It's basically a show about a little kid that travels on a train in space from planet to planet shooting people left and right. He's only like five years old and he seriously has no fucks to give. :shock: And everywhere he kills people everyone is like "Oh, well. That's just how it is. Have a nice day, I guess". :rotflmao: The body count is so staggering, it's beginning to become comical. I fear the show makes death basically meaningless it has become so unceremonious.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:53 pm

At episode 10 so far. Man this show is so fucked up! I don't even know where to begin. If it's not some woman that wants to adopt this little kid Tesuro it's some female droid wanting his soul to occupy her female body she abandoned before taking on a mechanical body. I can't make this stuff up! This episode this woman kidnaps him and brings him to her parents telling them out of no where she's going to marry Tetsuro. He's like 5 for pity sake. The parents are all like "That's great! I'll go draw a bath for the first time in ten years."

What in the fuck were the creators of this show smoking?! :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:13 pm

This is so fucking spot on.. :heart:

phpBB [video]
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:45 pm

phpBB [video]
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:48 pm

So Gundam Unicorn RE0096 starts airing on Toonami this Saturday. Do I need to watch all of the original Unicorn OVAs to understand whats happening in RE0096? does anyone know? Much appreciated!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:08 am

Nope, its the same story arc. They edited the original 7 OVA's into a series. Not sure why since the OVA's were very fluid to begin with, almost no filler with great animation. I haven't read about any new content so it'll be interesting to see how they do it. But the original run is impressive, many fans put it at the top, so I would watch that first.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:59 am

Anyone know when the new code geass is coming out?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Akito the Exiled is done. Are they making a new spin off? I wouldn't mind an R3 personally...

Edit: HOLY FUCK HOW THE HELL DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS.

Lelouch of the Resurrection.

I can't wait for this... oh my god. CG is like my favorite anime. At least it confirms one thing that I always believed from the finale.
Lelouch is alive. And he's back!! \:D/

Sonikku has received a thanks from: south carmain
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:35 am

Shame on you sonikku, I am deeply disappointed.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:32 am

Happy Dragon Ball Super Day!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby csmakio » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:20 pm

I just bought Initial D through Funimation, love this show. Starting it back up from the beginning.

Not the biggest anime dude but I'm a huge fan of Attack on Titan, Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and while not anime I've been watching Clone Wars recently.

csmakio has received a thanks from: Mr357
csmakio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: csmakio
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Megumin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:01 pm

I am watching Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Image
Megumin
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: GTA

Postby Calshot » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Megumin wrote: I am watching Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

I've been watching this as well.

It's a nice comedic take on the "normal Japanese teenager moves to a video game fantasy world" genre. It's very refreshing compared to the ultra serious teenager-level dark video game animes that are everywhere now. I also really like the main character. Rather than have all the girls on his dick or being ultra devoted to his waifu, he's just kinda sick of everyone's shit.

I'd recommend it if you can stomach the typical anime gratuities like fan service and screaming Japanese voice actresses.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Mr357 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:10 am

csmakio wrote: I just bought Initial D through Funimation, love this show. Starting it back up from the beginning.

What exactly did you buy?
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic