White psp vs Black psp Racist !!!!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

White psp vs Black psp Racist !!!!

Postby Ro Shen » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:41 am

An ad has been flying around the web (picture above) of a Dutch Sony PSP advertisement. The ad in question displays a white women grabbing a black women’s face. In the ad the text “White is coming” is displayed indicating the soon to be released PSP white version. Basically the ad is saying the white women is the white psp, and the black women the current black psp.

To be honest I am more annoyed that people care that much about the ad, the models that did the ad didn’t seem to care that much, lol. However the fact remains that the ad is racist because it shows a white women grabbing a black women whom represents the black psp. Though why people have to make all the connections to such negative events is I guess the way of America. We are all so considered with Political Correctness that all the sudden things like this ad become such a big deal. If you ask me the ad is bold and it gets the point across, but I guess everyone has their on perspective.

Whatever, I should stop before you guys yell at me, post your feelings on the matter, I am interest to know how you guys feel.
Attachments
omg_qjgenth.jpg
omg_qjgenth.jpg (20.89 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
Ro Shen
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:46 am

That ad sucks! It's like an advert for the KKK! White supremists and the treatment of blacks as inferior or subservient to the powerful white!

I'm not sure this topic should have a "lol" in the title because this really DOES bother me.
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki Legend » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:30 am

It is a stupid advert, and i can see why some might get upset over it. Surely there is a better way to advertise the launch of the white psp.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Bane » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:40 am

Haha, what a shitty advert.
Bane
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:21 am

Whats in her pocket?
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:44 am

LOL!
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:47 am

Ok, this is one fucked up ad, who made this?
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Martin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:13 am

Ugh... this is exactly what's wrong with society. Therre's nothing wrong with that advert, at all. If the white woman was having her shoes shined by the black woman, I might see where all this grief is coming from. Is it is... sit down, black people.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby omniscient » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:21 am

ROFL,OMFG This advert wouldnt of been so racist if the black women didnt look like some slave in the 1500. LOL IM CRACKING UP HERE! seriously though if they made the black look as sexy as the white women it would of been an artisitic advert but with the black women looking so supressed and looking like a slave it does make it look like the KKK are the ones endorsing the white psp.
omniscient
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tobo » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:44 am

I'm totally against racism and the KKK. That kind of stuff is just unacceptable.

The only thing is that sometimes you can look at these ads and you can see the funny side of how stupid racism really is. Hopefully it'll get people thinking about how ridiculous it is, and that could be beneficial.

It's kinda like this black dude in the hotel I stayed in in Canada (I'm just back, we had a great trip!). My Dad was asking him something or other about a tour we were going on, and just as we left he said "Slán Leat", which is Irish for goodbye. He was, of course, having a laugh, he almost burst out laughing, but I feel that this kind of thing really goes to show how stupid racism really is.

Anyone share this point of view that sometimes something that might appear racist can really be beneficial by describing how ridiculous racism is?
Tobo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Martin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:03 pm

What? You can barely see the black woman. The only thing about the ad that isn't black, is the white woman! You can barely see the black woman. It's reflective of how the white PSP is the newcomer, in a market full of black PSPs. It's a smart ad.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby S00da N?M » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:10 pm

Martin wrote:Ugh... this is exactly what's wrong with society. Therre's nothing wrong with that advert, at all. If the white woman was having her shoes shined by the black woman, I might see where all this grief is coming from. Is it is... sit down, black people.

A respectable post before the bold print. I hardly think this is EXACTLY what's wrong with society....I thought the murders, car theft, and you know crime in general is/what's wrong with society....but hey, you let me know something. But so as not to turn this into a flaming session; I do see where you're coming from I think, simply look at the ad in reverse and if it doesn't 'feel racist' it probably isn't.

EDIT: I do beleive this ad is a bit racist, they could have depicted both woman equally as alternatives to one another (for example two white women with different color clothing), they instead hinted towards the white woman's superiority over the black woman, by leaning toward a subservient attitude of the black woman, while someone might argue that only a racist individual would view things in that light since an anti-racist persons argument is that we all are created equal (which is true) and we should be completely blind to color, that can't be the case this time because SONY obviously made sure to find a very deeply complected woman for this add, while making sure to powder up her malanin challenged counter-part; forcing you pay even more attention to the emphasis of the color contrast.

SheN_MaD wrote:To be honest I am more annoyed that people care that much about the ad, the models that did the ad didn’t seem to care that much, lol.

This can be said but at the same time, just because someone driven by money doesn't know or has completely disregarded the social ramifications of such an advert doesn't quite make this right. I don't mean to jump on any of you but this irritates me down to my very dark skin.
S00da N?M
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby omniscient » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:43 pm

I wont say its racist but they could of atleat made the black women be someone sexy. Having a second look at it i think is kinda good in an artisitc way
omniscient
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:53 pm

If you think about it, they probably would've done it the other way around if there were White PSPs first.

Then, I bet, nobody would've flinched.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby omniscient » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:33 pm

^^Yeah but you know how it is.