The Dark Knight Rises

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Batman 3

Postby OL » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:10 am

Batman Beyond is best if it's just taken as an Elseworlds kind of thing, and if you forget about the name "Batman" being strictly tied to "Bruce Wayne". It's a good show, but it's an almost completely different kind of character. Purists probably hate it, but simply taken as an original superhero cartoon, it's fantastic. Honestly, I'm trying to think of any other American-made action cartoons (that aren't directly based on a comic) that are actually good, and almost none come to mind. Beyond is pretty much tops in that regard.
And the sort of "epilogue" they created for it in Justice League Unlimited was brilliant.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:15 am

bb was awesome
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:48 am

You know, i'm looking at alot of Heath Ledger Joker clips on youtube right now and I find it really disappointing that he's no longer around to reprise the role. TDKR really needed the Joker, badly.

He would've been the main bad guy again, guaranteed. And no one would've complained.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:01 am

The scenes with Bruce Wayne Batman and Joker Joker are good, but nothing else about it is.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 pm

The Dark Knight Leaves Gotham
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bambi » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:59 am

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Joe Pesci » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Kenny wrote:You know, i'm looking at alot of Heath Ledger Joker clips on youtube right now and I find it really disappointing that he's no longer around to reprise the role. TDKR really needed the Joker, badly.

He would've been the main bad guy again, guaranteed. And no one would've complained.

Yes, the movie definitely needed the Joker. And the movie also could have used a better director than Nolan. :twisted:
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Joe Pesci » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Personally, I think that it would have been great to see Nolan tell the story with a little more balls, and a little less conventional wisdom. If he took a page from Frank Miller and The Dark Knight Returns, he could have had it take place 16 years in the future and used a much older actor to reprise the role of The Joker. There are some incredible actors out there, I think that someone could take on the role and make it personal. They don't have to be Heath Ledger's Joker, they can make it their own. The Joker has been locked away for 16 years, that leaves open the logic of change. A man that becomes a product of his environment, who is changed by time, by his own thoughts, and captivity. His whole philosophy could evolve. I think that would have been incredibly interesting and dynamic. I could imagine the opening scene in Arkham Asylum, the Joker carving creepy epitaphs into the concrete of his cell walls. Older, more dangerous, he has had time to plan his escape.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Sorry, but i had never really read that Andy Hughes quote in your sig, and i lust laughed out loud for a good 4 minutes there :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Joe Pesci » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 am

It was a great moment.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:13 pm

I think I read something with Nolan saying he didn't want the Joker in it at all (not even being mention offhand by any of the characters) because it would have been disrespectful to Heath Ledger. His wording was much more personal than that though. It sounded like Ledger's death really affected him a lot, so I can understand Nolan not wanting to potentially sully any of the work that had been done with the character.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Yeah his death really hurt Nolan and they had known one another long before he was cast as the Joker.

I remember reading we would see how Bane became Bane and its been confirmed to be cut

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34826

Directors cut please
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Tuffty » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:30 pm

I think had Heath still been alive he would have gotten a cameo role in the movie at least...

replacing Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) at the kangaroo trail. There's even a scene in the animated series that was just like that with the Joker as the judge.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:33 pm

I dare say he would have been the main villain rather than Bane who probably would not have been in it at all.

My guess is it would have been Talia and the League that released the Joker on Gotham which was maybe why he was reading lines when talking to the people on the ferries? Allways thought that was odd for him to have to be reading plus they made a few points to say who unleashed him/set him loose and so on.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:54 pm

He wouldn't have been the main villain. I haven't seen TDKR yet, but I'd imagine these scenes would be thrown in:

- When Bane breaks prisoners free, he shows up outside Joker's cell, says "you're not invited" (or summat like that), then walks off.
- If Bane dies, it would be the Joker killing him.
- If Bane lives, the ending would consist of a mini Joker rampage (similar to the final Two-Face scene in TDK)

Basically, it'd kinda be like his role in Infinite Crisis. He'd be in it, but he'd be used sparingly in a way that says "you haven't seen the last of me, and I'm capable of much worse..."
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic