Money

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Money

Postby Nick Tyndall » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:54 pm

This topic is about money and anything concerning it. How much are you earning? How much do you have? Anything. Today I realised I have a problem with compulsive buying.

When I was working last year, I earned around £7000. I only managed to save around £1800 and the rest of the money went on, well, crap. A few thing I got to show for it but so much of my money has gone places I do not know.

I started two jobs recently, like 3 months ago and my saving has been better but I realised I have a problem with compulsive buying, especially when I am bored. Being my only day of today, I got a good sleep, but could not be botherd to go out, just wanted to relax at home.

Though not truely bored, I had nothing much to do and that is when the buying starts. I would browse clothes shops and run up the bill on my BURTONS card. I went on Amazon and purchased more than £100 of useless stuff. Then I saw this SKY HD advert on a forum banner and decided to sign up. I only came to my senses when I was outside a game shop going to buy a PS3. I thought to myself, I have no games and I want to play MGS3. So I got up, went out and picked out the console and free game. I changed my mind at the last minute.

Afterwards, I regreted everything I did. I guess in a way it is a good thing as I realised I now have a problem with compulsive buying. It is something I do when I get bored and something I need to sort out.

How do you use your money?
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Not buying anymore games till after christmas as i have to many to play and it will just take me longer to get round to them.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:01 pm

What I earn and how much I have is no ones business.(why do you make topics wanting to know personal info about people?)

However nick something that WILL happen to you in the future,not if but WILL happen,you will have repo men at your place.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:06 pm

About £18500 a year. I flatshare with a girl from work ("Yes", btw, she is), but even splitting the costs down the middle, we're both skint at the end of each month pretty much. Having a car each puts a big squeeze on finances though. Apart from that, general living expenses like food, drugs, going out, alcohol, cigarettes and clothes takes up most of the rest.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Ban! wrote:About £18500 a year. I flatshare with a girl from work ("Yes", btw, she is), but even splitting the costs down the middle, we're both skint at the end of each month pretty much. Having a car each puts a big squeeze on finances though. Apart from that, general living expenses like food, drugs, going out, alcohol, cigarettes and clothes takes up most of the rest.

Drugs are naughty.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:19 pm

That is actually only a tiny %age of the "general" tab. :(
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:42 pm

-Ryudo- wrote:What I earn and how much I have is no ones business.(why do you make topics wanting to know personal info about people?)

However nick something that WILL happen to you in the future,not if but WILL happen,you will have repo men at your place.

I agree man, but I honestly can see Nick knocking on one of our houses one of these days saying "I know you, where you live, where you work, how much is in your bank account, why you stay up at night, the names of the people you've killed, where you keep the bodies... and you're under arrest!" Nick is a frigging undercover cop in disguise, who woulda guessed.

I mean, just look at SEF's post, he just gave it away that he's a drug user all ready! Watch your toes, SEF, next thing you know, he'll be at your window with a cold badge and fancy hat on that reads "PC Plod".

Man, I'm high, OH SHI-
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:52 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Gingefners, The » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:29 pm

This topic has put that Pink Floyd song in my head and I wont be able to sleep with my humming it. Thanks a lot, Prick Tynballs. Grr.

Edit: Posted this before opening that youtube link :shock: Damn it all!
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:05 am

All but £200 a month of my paycheck is going into a savings account for my trip to Hong Kong next summer.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Don't tell nick any personal info ,he is a real stalker personality.
Seriously.
He makes topics in seriously wanting to get info on Sega to make terrorist threats.
He cummed in his pants when he stalked that female developer for that crap game assassins creed at some event.
Wants to stalk some ugly anorexic bitch model and tried to justify it. Don't give him any info esp if you live in the same country as him.

Nick is seriously sick in the head.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:29 pm

-Ryudo- wrote:Nick is seriously sick in the head.

:shock: :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Now he is sending me stalker PM's how he thinks of me with retarded messages.

What a fuck nut.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Do you not take well to stalker PM's? Because I was going to send you some photo's of me naked once evreyone in my house goes to bed.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Riku wrote:Do you not take well to stalker PM's? Because I was going to send you some photo's of me naked once evreyone in my house goes to bed.

Careful I might send some back of a Utah white,white fat guy with jello all over his body.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Next

Return to Off Topic