Last thing you bought (no food or drugs)

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Rakim » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Peter wrote:Image

Had to look up what that was. It sounds pretty bad ass. I might have to get one myself. Are you enjoying it or is it still shipping?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 am

Nah dude it arrived the very next day. Its a great piece of kit and plugs into anything. Phone, laptop, tablet. I love it! you can compress it to get a more treble based output or fully open the cone for unbelievable base tones from something so small. Its scary how loud this thing is. Plus it looks cool :-D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:21 pm

An Eee-Keyboard PC. No, not an EE-pc, actually it's just a keyboard. Well and a laptop. No wait, both. Ah hell, just look at it:

I just bought it as i got it cheap on ebay (was like 80 bucks). It looks like a keyboard but its actually a complete computer running windows xp. The display to the right is a little touchscreen, it has built in stereo speaker, HDMI out, a 16 GB SSD harddrive. What i didn't even know is that it also has a built-in rechargable battery like a normal laptop. The keyboard has this brushed aluminium look but the keys are actually lit when you turn it on or got it on AC power.

Geez although it's a neat gimmick i really got no clue what imma do with it. Yo dawg we heard you like computers so we built a computer into your keyboard...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Odd and neat but why XP? XP is dead and MS is stopping all support pretty soon.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Well they originally sold these with XP, so it was delivered like that. Maybe windows 7 would also work on it, but with an Atom processor @ 1.6 GHz it could be a bit slow? Maybe imma install something else, but for now i think XP is fine to just browse some webpages or watch videos. I don't think it's a great gaming machine. ANd to be honest i still have no clue what to really do with it. Maybe imma carry it with me when i go to some restaurant in the city - Keyboard instead of laptop... Yay? XD
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 pm

I guess its the same as ipads, they don't really offer any advantage to a laptop or even smartphone but people buy them anyway, the keyboard is a bit more original and mindblowing though and definitively cheaper, I would buy one just for its originality if I came across any probably, pretty cool buy kyodai
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Kenny » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:04 pm

iPads and the like are kinda cool but they aren't very useful other than to play around with. People bought into those cause Jobs was a master manipulator. I picked up his biography again and the man knew how to sell fancy looking overpriced junk to people.

All in all, I still love my Mac of +4 years. I have Windows on it and it does everything I want to do. I don't need anything else other than a RAM upgrade.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby silent killer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Just bought Devil Survivor 2 for DS. Don't know when I'm going to play it though, and also a SATA/IDE to USB adapter. It's pretty sweet.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:31 am

Ah and today i got my best buy of this month: A laptop! Yeah it also has a keyboard (Doh!) but this time is a real laptop. and what's so special about it?

It's a GENERAL DYNAMICS VR-2!!! Yay

Nothing beats having a laptop that says "GENERAL DYNAMICS" on the lid, definitely beats my old apple. Everyone will instantly know that your laptop was brought by the same fine people who also brought you the F-16 Fighter jet, the nuclear powered Los Angeles Class submarines, the M1 abrahams tank and the minigun. Life becomes great when you have a laptop from one of the leading defense industry contractors...

And it's also a neat laptop. Core2Duo with 2 GHz, touchscreen with Dynavue tech so its readable even in bright sunlight, GPS, wifi, GPRS and all kinds of weird gimmickery i will never understand. ALso it's rugged, so it withstands falling from over 2 feet, you can pour liquids over it and it is dust proof. And it got a carrying handle!

I plan on using this at work and home as my main laptop.

And here it is (Of course showing the lid with the sexy "GENERAL DYNAMICS" logo:

Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Brothaman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:37 am

Been wanting one for awhile now. I will be using it allot this summer.
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Brothaman wrote:Image

At first i thought its some kinda gamepad, but i think i can read something like "Fat loss monitor" (Although the pic resolution aint that great)? So what does it actually do?
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spokane » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Your General Dyanamics laptop makes my nerd and badass mofo dick hard simultaneously.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Oppy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:
Brothaman wrote:Image

At first i thought its some kinda gamepad, but i think i can read something like "Fat loss monitor" (Although the pic resolution aint that great)? So what does it actually do?

Its a device that measures your body fat percentage by sending a small electrical current through your body, it makes calculations based on the response time of the current, and the weight and height of the user.

They arent 100% accurate but they are pretty close, and the cheapest and easiest way to measure body fat.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bambi » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:59 pm

Laser cut plexi glass, I wanted to replace the stock art with a plain black finish and make my arcade stick a 6 button model. Really happy with how it turned out although at one point I was locked into a battle with some pretty stuborn wires.

It was pretty much a matter of me disconnecting all these:

Followed by:

Oh and for reference this is it before:

The stock art isn't bad at all but I prefer a cleaner look. Next I'm gonna add some new screws and a yellow balltop/buttons, I really wanted a Namco arcade stick back in the day and I still dig the look.

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic