What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Fresh wrote:Battle Star Galactica. I love Sci-fi and I'd and lying if i said I was a guru on the subject, but that's one of the best science fiction shows Ive ever seen.

Hell yeah. I never finished the other two seasons but the first two were great. It does get a little rediculous at times.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Fresh wrote:Battle Star Galactica. I love Sci-fi and I'd and lying if i said I was a guru on the subject, but that's one of the best science fiction shows Ive ever seen.

Im also looking forward to the Game of thrones HBO series. Fanboy's have their doubts as most fanboys do but I think it has potential to be quite epic. HBO doesnt fuck around when it comes to TV.

First 2 seasons were fun,3 season was shit and the fourth while better than the 3rd was still lame and was dragged on far too long though it had a decent finale. Overall it was ok but the most overrated show in recent years.

However Caprica is pretty good so far.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:24 pm

The original show is not too bad either. It ripped off Star Wars heavily though.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:55 am

Batman The Animated Series.
How come no one has been able to get it right since this show?
Been almost 20 years and none of the attempts to reprise a animated Batman show have come close to how great this show was.

Hell seems that way for many animated shows from the 90's after Superheroes. X-men,Spiderman as a couple more.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:59 am

Gotta agree. Batman TAS is hard to beat (though my actual favorite thing to come out of DC animation was Justice League Unlimited season 1; still, same writers and directors making it).
The one that came after it, "The Batman", was just too "new age-y" to be any good. Tried way too hard to be cool. They fucked up all the villains by trying to put new spins on them, and it just never worked (the Joker is not now, and will never be, a fucking kung-fu monkey man. Period).
And the "Brave and the Bold" series they've got now is just too gimmicky and dumb. It isn't horrible like The Batman, but it is intentionally cheesy and relies entirely on guest characters too much. Meh.
Batman TAS, however, was made by legitimate fans of the comics, and they tried to incorporate everything that was appealing about Batman and his villains into it. They also weren't as tied down to corporate demands as they are now. Nowadays, it's all about selling toys and marketing toward imbeciles, rather than making a genuinely good, lasting product. Yeah, I don't know if another cartoon can ever possibly top (or even match) the legacy that Batman TAS carved out for itself.
100+ episodes of goodness, plus crossovers in the Superman series, then a regular role in the two Justice League series...
No one will ever create a bigger, more impacting Batman adaptation than all of that.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby sylentknyte » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 am

^ Well if they had any braincells they would realize how well a great show like Batman TAS did commercially. As far as I remember it was a really popular show and has a lot of merchandise involved with it that all seemed to sell well.

I mean same goes for the 90s X-men, Spiderman, Gargoyles, Spawn etc etc. There were so many great cartoon shows in the 90s man. Hopefully the 10s will be a good era.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:55 pm

21 Jumpstreet.
I never really saw this show as a kid but knew of it and that a young Johnny Depp was the star.
Well yup it's a cheesey 80's cop show with young looking cops undercover in high schools.
Still as dumb as it is and the 80's PSA type propaganda it's still fun.
I have heard of a movie in the works and Depp would have a cameo.

Thanks to my Wii netflix I am watching a bunch of comedy specials and old TV shows.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Supa » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:52 pm

Getting ready to watch 24 from Day 1.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Ugly Americans.

I saw the first two episodes so far. It's pretty heartbreaking. I love the punk rock-like art style but the actual show is flat. The jokes don't work, the stories are kinda boring, the characters could be alot more interesting, the editing is clunky and jumpy, and its not nearly as clever as it thinks it is. This is part of Comedy Central's Adult Swim knock off which I guess by comparison (as far as original content goes) is better but leaves alot more to be desired. I don't even like Venture Bros. much but even then I can tell that show has more class.

Yeah, this show will be lucky to have a second season at this rate. I'll just keep watching for the cool artstyle. At least it looks hand drawn even though it was probably made on flash or something.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Jekyll.
I like the concept but was not done quite right. (though it's where I found out about Michelle Ryan....yum)
I would not mind seeing the people who do Dexter do a take on this.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby wude » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:13 pm

the cameleon, x-files and nikita.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Kenny » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:18 am

Been following the new season of South Park from the beginning. Just saw 200 and downloading 201 since my bastard of a roommate deleted it from the DVR.

The whole Mohammad thing is brilliant. I can't wait to see episode 201. Their whole point is sheer brilliance. Also the subplots dealing with the celebrities and Cartman's real dad are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmaT-CabsQ

Fuck hypocritical extremists. More people need to follow suit. I support Matt & Trey 100%. I know one site vaguely threatened them already.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 am

^^Good video there.
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Matt and Trey's general philosophy on satire. They don't use South Park to push an agenda like so many others might; they use it to point out how silly other people's agendas are.
There is the occasional episode that's just dumb rubbish (like the Lesbos/300 episode, for example), but many episodes are actually very relevant for the times.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:51 am

Ashes to ashes series 3

Last ever series and im hoping for a return of this man...

Been good so far and the ending should be good...well it cant be as bad as the US version of Life on mars :roll:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 am

Been watching Coach Trip this season, quite enjoying it as you get to see places I'd otherwise never visit, and when the tourists don't get on it also makes for good watching. Ends of Friday, shame really..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic