What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:21 pm

Oh yeah, and South Park.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby beedle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:59 am

Heroes volume whatever the latest one is and Peep show (series god knows what) plus The Thick of It series 3. I have black books ready to watch when I can be arsed, too.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Nothing since The Unit finished..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby R3N » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:56 pm

OL wrote::lol:
That was actually funny. I've grown a deeper appreciation for Married With Children when I catch reruns of it as of late (it's never serious, which is great. I hate how current sitcoms always have to shove drama in your face) so it's kind of cool to see that right now.
Is that an actual series, or just like a bunch of internet shorts or something?

It is an online series from crackle.com
There are only 12 episodes.
some episode are kinda hardcore and show stuff you may not see on tv.

It is very good.

You can watch it here
http://www.hulu.com/star-ving

http://www.youtube.com/user/uy8u0#p/u
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby rens of heavens » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Was watching Mortal Kombat Conquest, has been showing on Sky first on Zone Horror and now CBS Action. Just wish that they release the whole series on DVD!
rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:17 pm

^^What the hell is wrong with you?

Yeah, anyway... I just started watching the first season of Kage no Gundan (Shadow Warriors) again. For anyone that doesn't know, it stars Sonny Chiba who plays Hattori Hanzo. And yes, this show was Tarantino's inspiration to use Hanzo as a character in Kill Bill.
Great show, lots of ninja action and fun. I wish they'd translate and release the second season in the US. They released the first season a couple years ago, and nothing since. I've heard the show actually got better with subsequent seasons, and I absolutely loved the first, so I want to see more.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby rens of heavens » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:41 pm

OL wrote:^^What the hell is wrong with you?

Hey I could of said Star Trek. I only said Mortal Kombat Conquest because I missed most of it the first time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN_T7WIEzSs
rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Almost done with the first season of True Blood (which rocks face). And I am starting the first season of Darker than Black.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:52 pm

rens of heavens wrote:
OL wrote:^^What the hell is wrong with you?

Hey I could of said Star Trek. I only said Mortal Kombat Conquest because I missed most of it the first time around and seeing it on TV has much better quality then the ones uploaded on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN_T7WIEzSs

Nothing wrong with Star Trek esp TNG and DS9,some of the best TV ever.

But Conquest is garbage but it was for kids so if it's one of those guilty pleasure nostalgic things it's understood.

If now just watching this for the first time and liking it......um....
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:54 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Almost done with the first season of True Blood (which rocks face). And I am starting the first season of Darker than Black.

Darker Than Black is cool. I've watched about four of the DVD's by now, and it's got some good ideas and cool action.
Quite a few nasty missteps though. Like later in, there's this private detective whose assistant is one of the most irritating characters I've seen in an anime in a long time. Some fucking pink-haired, squeaky-voiced anime fangirl who engages in cosplay and can never shut the hell up. In a slightly more serious series like this, a character like that is an awful addition. The private detective she works for should have been sufficient comedy relief, as he's actually pretty damn funny on his own.
And the second season opening theme song is just terrible, by a band I absolutely abhor. I hate having to skip openings on otherwise good shows (same problem with Moribito).
But yeah, other than that, enjoy.
Last edited by OL on Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby sylentknyte » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 am

As for shows that are currently running:

Supernatural

And ya thats about it. I will watch a tad bit of family guy or whatever. I mostly just watch anime on the net.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Anyone ever catch Sons of Anarchy?
I only ever happen to watch it by chance, but everything I've seen is pretty good. Very intense, very serious, but still with a good sense of humor when it's appropriate. And the white supremacist badguys are some of the most easy-to-hate badguys I've seen in a show in a long time (and that's a good thing; so many shows fail in making you sufficiently hate the badguys, but they get it right here).
I need to get the season 1 dvd sometime, catch up on everything I may have missed.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:22 pm

GiTS stand alone complex (DVDs and I can never get over how awesome this series is)
Star Trek Voyager season 3(netflix)
Star Trek The Next Generation(DVD)
Dexter season 4 ,damn only 2 eps left this season. Love this show.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Gingefners, The » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:05 pm

I started watching the new series of Scrubs but it was god awful. No more chances from me for that show but I can't hate it, because of the brilliant Nicky Whelan. What a woman. Not really watching much else these days.
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby OL » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:05 pm

Gingefners wrote:I started watching the new series of Scrubs but it was god awful.

THANK YOU.
I've been trying to tell some friends this, and they don't seem to agree.

Ryudo™ wrote:
GiTS stand alone complex (DVDs and I can never get over how awesome this series is)

Hells yes. I never seem to tire of it, really.
I've been saying for a while now, if I could only watch one show for the rest of my life, as difficult a decision as that would be, I'd probably pick GITS: SAC. I always seem to notice something new or get another piece of the story I missed. Supremely rewatchable, more than any other show I watch, even Bebop.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic