You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: THE RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD!

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:41 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:Driving theory test tomorrow. Hope I pass, it cost £30 to even take it in the first place!

Good luck mate.

Passed mine last year but insurance can be a bitch on your first car.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:45 pm

my gf failed her practical test last week, the marking on driving lessons over here are ridiculous. I feel sorry for her, but i think i have her motivated enough to put in for it again.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kenny » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Cos you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee me IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII've got maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Maaaaaaaaagic Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Supa » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm watching Dragon Ball Z Kai right now and I'm thinking about how badly some of this stuff has aged. I wonder if I would think this about other things in my childhood that I haven't seen/heard of in forever?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 am

Peter wrote:my gf failed her practical test last week, the marking on driving lessons over here are ridiculous. I feel sorry for her, but i think i have her motivated enough to put in for it again.

My mate and my cousin both took their tests recently and both failed. The only problem was failing to check a blind spot. One was on a one-way street..

If you ask they'll deny it, but instructors have a quota on how many people they can pass each day.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby [mYLES] » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:16 am

I feel like I could eat every minute of every hour today.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 am

"Wow, where did all the users go?"
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sailors? » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:27 am

I really want to buy an ocarina but I just don't know where I can buy the kind I want in england.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Peter wrote:my gf failed her practical test last week, the marking on driving lessons over here are ridiculous. I feel sorry for her, but i think i have her motivated enough to put in for it again.

My mate and my cousin both took their tests recently and both failed. The only problem was failing to check a blind spot. One was on a one-way street..

If you ask they'll deny it, but instructors have a quota on how many people they can pass each day.

Absolutely. But when someone tells you your a failure, its hard to bounce back. Even when you tell them things like this. Not only is it ridiculous in this sense, but the money it costs just to get a driving license these days is abominible! It cast my gf around £200 on the day of her test, including the test, renting the instructors car and the lessons before it.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Peter wrote:Absolutely. But when someone tells you your a failure, its hard to bounce back. Even when you tell them things like this. Not only is it ridiculous in this sense, but the money it costs just to get a driving license these days is abominible! It cast my gf around £200 on the day of her test, including the test, renting the instructors car and the lessons before it.

Could put it another way, it's one of the hardest things to do in everyday life, so you should be happy knowing you have to try hard to get it right. Despite the expense though, driving is definately worth it..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 pm

It is, but i dont have a car despite being able to drive. The cost of petrol also is just 100% pure WTF!. When my gf and i ventually move in i guess we will get a car between us to cut the costs.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Grrrrrrrrrr!

This bloody PS3 still hasnt come, and its 2 weeks today since i won it on Ebay. Ive already opened a dispute with the guy, but to cut a long story short, its in transit with a really dodgy delivery company. Its called Herpes! Sorry HERMES, so if theres anyone here in the UK thats heard of them should back me up on this. Sitting with an Xbox 360 controller adaptor for the PS3 which i ordered the same day in CHINA, i mean that got here in less than 2 weeks!

Its a joke how on Ebay i cant give this guy negative feedback because he will just do the same to me in spite!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Why am I here? I should be taking a nap and doing more work that isn't mundane.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Peter wrote:Grrrrrrrrrr!

This bloody PS3 still hasnt come, and its 2 weeks today since i won it on Ebay. Ive already opened a dispute with the guy, but to cut a long story short, its in transit with a really dodgy delivery company. Its called Herpes! Sorry HERMES, so if theres anyone here in the UK thats heard of them should back me up on this. Sitting with an Xbox 360 controller adaptor for the PS3 which i ordered the same day in CHINA, i mean that got here in less than 2 weeks!

Its a joke how on Ebay i cant give this guy negative feedback because he will just do the same to me in spite!

Never heard of Hermes, but I looked at their website, and they seem to be part of or linked with Parcelnet. So that's in good hands. To be honest, I would look up your tracking number, give them a call about it to get a personal response and message the seller about the dispatch time and estimated delivery. If he gets spooked about the dispute just say you're acting in your own interests in the position you're in. Ebay also have this instant messenger help client you can use, mush easier than writing everything down in a email for some generic response..

eBay really fucks me off..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Ive already contacted the seller a week ago, and told him it was my sons birthday on Saturday (2 days ago). He provided me with the shipping number and all the website says is that its in transit. But seriously what is wrong with Royal Mail, ParcelForce, DHL or even UPS? Im worried also because i work 9-5 and if it was any of those delivery companies they would simply leave a card in your letterbox and then i could just go to the Post Office and pick up my package. But this Hermes group is based on part time workers, which to me, sould like some guys delivering packages from the back of their Ford Fiestas, and if im not in it sounds as though im fucked.
The point is i paid full P&P, and this seller has used a cheap 3rd party delivery service to skimp on the costs.

On a sidenote, i dont care if im a pervert, but i fancy the fuck outta the red head! :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1mkS0X6gJ8[/youtube]
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic