You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Postby mue 26 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Exactly, and that's essentially what I think my friend is doing with his Jewellery and life of crime and whatnot. He'd vehemently dispute that opinion if I ever told him that, but that's what I mean by getting caught up and losing sight of yourself. And it happens to so many people, it can be anything that we use to try and fill that void, drugs, food, work, women, men, games, clothes, celebrity gossip, romantic partners, anything!! And to be honest, sometimes, in the society we all live in, it can very hard not to lose sight.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bambi » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Of course money itself can't buy happiness but it's been engineered it into a position of necessity for most of us. More and more I find myself thinking about trying to make a living from the things I enjoy somehow, I certainly don't want to be employee #854778 forever. I end up getting bored of that, quitting and then being totally broke, it's like there's no balance, it's not sustainable for me. I need to dedicate myself to something, somehow.

On a related "money can't buy you happiness" note I'm sure those of you that read Cracked have come across The Parable of the Mexican Fisherman before, I'll post it below anyway.

The Mexican Fisherman and the Investment Banker

An investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna.

The banker complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, "Only a little while."

The banker then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish?

The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The banker then asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siestas with my wife, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine, and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full and busy life."

The investor scoffed, "I am an Ivy League MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat. With the proceeds from the bigger boat, you could buy several boats, and eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. "

The investor continued, "And instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would then sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing, and distribution! You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then Los Angeles and eventually New York City, where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But how long will this all take?"

To which the banker replied, "Perhaps 15 to 20 years."

"But what then?" asked the Mexican.

The banker laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich. You would make millions!"

"Millions. Okay, then what?" wondered the Mexican.

To which the investment banker replied, "Then you would retire. You could move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siestas with your wife, and stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:13 pm

It makes me happy as I never had any. I went without such little things for years. I used to make my own staples for resumes as I could not afford a stapler. I often did things like that. It has taken great stress of both me and my mom. Plus I can do things I want to and do nice things for her and others.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bambi » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Ryudo wrote:It makes me happy as I never had any. I went without such little things for years. I used to make my own staples for resumes as I could not afford a stapler. I often did things like that. It has taken great stress of both me and my mom. Plus I can do things I want to and do nice things for her and others.

What I'm saying is that these basic desires being fulfilled are what make you happy, money itself is of course just a means to an end and is if no intrinsic value. Seems obvious enough but it's a point seemingly overlooked on a great number of people I meet.

And I know what it's like to not have money, believe me. I'm won't go into too many details about that chapter of my life because it's essentially more my mother's story to tell than mine. Suffice to say this charming housing project was was my first home:

I suppose looking at it now it doesn't look too bad and I was too young to remember the period of homelessness beforehand but I'm sure you can draw enough conclusions from that statement alone.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:07 pm

My max bench is back up over 355. Hoping to get back to 385 soon. Happy and pissed cuz I feel like I'm recovering from a stroke with how much weaker I've gotten since my time away from the gym. :???:
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:09 pm

I can sit on a bench. I can lift my penis
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:52 pm

Just back from a long day at the hospital. Both working and visiting my sis. She doenst appear to have developed any other clots, but for some reason the fluid is still gathering behind her eyes causing sever pressure, which causes migranes, nausea, facial side effects and extreme droping of blood pressure. So tomorrow she is to have a lumbar puncture followed by a visual fields test, CT scan and MRI.

Not really in the mood, nor have the energy to talk more. Just wanna browse the boards for the first time today and go to bed.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Peter wrote:Just back from a long day at the hospital. Both working and visiting my sis. She doenst appear to have developed any other clots, but for some reason the fluid is still gathering behind her eyes causing sever pressure, which causes migranes, nausea, facial side effects and extreme droping of blood pressure. So tomorrow she is to have a lumbar puncture followed by a visual fields test, CT scan and MRI.

Not really in the mood, nor have the energy to talk more. Just wanna browse the boards for the first time today and go to bed.

I will throw in a prayer tonight
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 pm

My god apple sauce bread is like cake but healthy!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yukupo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 am

Sorry to hear that Peter. :cry:

I just submitted my internship application to Pixar today. Here's hoping.
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:15 am

Yukupo wrote:Sorry to hear that Peter. :cry:

I just submitted my internship application to Pixar today. Here's hoping.

Ramen Ronin the CGI film. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 am

:heart:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELoH5p6VYvY[/youtube]
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:26 am

Let me introduce you to the 3 headed rainbow puking panda.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Is it some kind of god to fear and worship?
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bambi » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:48 pm

This thing is on my bedroom floor somewhere, stupid dark carpet!
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic