You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Postby Yukupo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Bambi wrote:
Yukupo wrote:I never thought I would but it just got to me too much. I'm a vegetarian now. The way people treat animals in this world, largely as a result of capitalism, is simply atrocious and I can't support it anymore. :???:

Absolutely, I really do believe meat is murder but sad to say I could never stick to a vegetarian diet.
It's a little daunting at first but it's not too bad. Veganism is quite a bit harder so I'm not quite at that level yet. I'm just fortunate I live in a place that supports this kind of lifestyle. There are quite a few vegetarian/vegan restaurants and most restaurants here at least have vegetarian options.

I was just at a local vegan restaurant that essentially makes southern food without any animal products at all and it tastes amazing.
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:49 pm

I like vegetarians. Just means more meat for me.

Tho I heard from my doctors vegetarians often have more health problems.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yukupo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:56 pm

If they eat like crap, sure. Most stuff that makes us unhealthy is processed garbage anyway. Sure, eating meat in excess is unhealthy because of saturated fat and cholesterol, but a diet where you just cut that out and continue eating things like chips and sweets and etc isn't any healthier. The fact is, at least if you're eating meat, you're getting protein, vitamins, and minerals. Most people just don't know how to create balanced meals.

Being vegan requires even more creativity and thought in meal creation to have a good nutritional balance. But yeah, it's not impossible.
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:59 pm

No fat in my meat.(tee hee sounds dirty) I gots me a George Foreman!

I have to watch what I eat anyway because of my heart and gallbladder. I have a good enough diet I lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks.
:)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:09 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDRXn96HrtY[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Luvly KM » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:00 am

my dog was put to sleep yesterday, its hind legs had more a less gone and yet it was still happy to go on living and dreaming which is why it was very upsetting when the vet began to give it the first dose of the injection, the dog started crying and yelping... as if to say 'i'm not ready yet'. She then looked up at me with scared eyes...

It made me think about the profundity of life; of death... how all species are designed to avoid it. Maybe it is survival instincts but then where do these instincts derive from? Is it an undeniable, instinctual realisation that there is nothing after death? Simply life as the dance of Being and Nothingness? It is impossible for me to know but it harrasses me none the less. It's only that there was no mysticism or spirituality as life began to fade from the dogs eyes.

I can only surmise that the dog was just so content with life, so happy that the realisation of its life ending was saddening for it. I would like to know what happened on the quantum level. It's body was still capable of function, each particle still figuratively 'alive' so what had actually changed? [is this where we impart the soul perhaps?] Where did her energy dissipate to?

Alas, It was just as if it's switch had been flicked to 'off', flick it back on and the dog would be back... notions of consciousness and the soul had little space to manoeuvre amongst the simplicity of biology!

My mind still finds it difficult to process.

In all, maybe death is an analogy for life: that it is worth living.
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bambi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Luvly KM wrote:my dog was put to sleep yesterday, its hind legs had more a less gone and yet it was still happy to go on living and dreaming which is why it was very upsetting when the vet began to give it the first dose of the injection, the dog started crying and yelping... as if to say 'i'm not ready yet'. She then looked up at me with scared eyes...

It made me think about the profundity of life; of death... how all species are designed to avoid it. Maybe it is survival instincts but then where do these instincts derive from? Is it an undeniable, instinctual realisation that there is nothing after death? Simply life as the dance of Being and Nothingness? It is impossible for me to know but it harrasses me none the less. It's only that there was no mysticism or spirituality as life began to fade from the dogs eyes.

I can only surmise that the dog was just so content with life, so happy that the realisation of its life ending was saddening for it. I would like to know what happened on the quantum level. It's body was still capable of function, each particle still figuratively 'alive' so what had actually changed? [is this where we impart the soul perhaps?] Where did her energy dissipate to?

Alas, It was just as if it's switch had been flicked to 'off', flick it back on and the dog would be back... notions of consciousness and the soul had little space to manoeuvre amongst the simplicity of biology!

My mind still finds it difficult to process.

In all, maybe death is an analogy for life: that it is worth living.

I'm really sorry for your loss, just reading about it makes me feel a bit dizzy and very sad.

Cruelest Joke Ever Played on Man

http://imgur.com/gallery/xNqUe
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:33 pm

If you don't want to have a pet thats not going to die in 10-15 years get a turtle or tortoise.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:30 pm

^That's not a cool thing to say, dude.

Sorry for your loss, man. That was a beautiful dog.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Spokane » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Yes I know.

Its more of a response to the picture Bambi posted about the cruelest joke on man. Why do tortoises live so long, most of them live longer than people. Yet dogs only live 1/6-1/10 of peoples lives and they are mans best friend.

Sorry to hear about your dog.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Spokane wrote:Yes I know.

Its more of a response to the picture Bambi posted about the cruelest joke on man. Why do tortoises live so long, most of them live longer than people. Yet dogs only live 1/6-1/10 of peoples lives and they are mans best friend.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Mammals esp humans have a glitch in our genes that let us age. A tortoise does not have that gene. They are still fertile at over a 100 years old. Also as a reptile the have a very very very slow metabolism. Unlike mammals.Also unlike Mammals they have zero stress.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Luvly KM » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Bambi wrote:I'm really sorry for your loss, just reading about it makes me feel a bit dizzy and very sad.

Cruelest Joke Ever Played on Man

http://imgur.com/gallery/xNqUe

Yeah, i can only imagine how Kaim felt :/ it really boosts the delicacy of Lost Odyssey
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm

anyone else think the way this robot walks is freaky?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqCmX5dMYHg[/youtube]

and I'm sorry for your loss luvly km, every time I have lost a pet I felt like an actual family member died
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby KiBa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Sorry about your dog, Luvly.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Oppy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Sick and tired of seeing Mike Chiangs sixpackshotcuts workout videos all over youtube..
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic