Old forums?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Old forums?

Postby Heart Of Swords » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 pm

SpringChick wrote:
Birty wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how topics like this bring back members who haven't posted in the forum for a good 15-20 years!

At least! :P Something ties us to this place. No matter how long it's been, I can never forget the dojo.

Indeed. I've got a full time job now, am married, have a house and bills, so my life is insanely different than it was back then, but this community (SD and Ryo's Place/HD) was such a huge part of my life in 2003-2006 when I was 19-22 that it'll be with me forever. It's hard to get involved in the community again after such a long time has passed, which I think is why people that have been gone so long come back whenever there's a topic like this.
Heart Of Swords
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 pm

^ is scribes lite still up?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby SpringChick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Heart Of Swords wrote:Indeed. I've got a full time job now, am married, have a house and bills, so my life is insanely different than it was back then, but this community (SD and Ryo's Place/HD) was such a huge part of my life in 2003-2006 when I was 19-22 that it'll be with me forever. It's hard to get involved in the community again after such a long time has passed, which I think is why people that have been gone so long come back whenever there's a topic like this.

Congrats (except for the bills part :P).
I know I can't resist being part of the nostalgic topics. It's so nice to have a laugh with all the old posters from back in the day. Brings back memories.
Nozomi: I wish time could just stand still.

Edit-
20 pages? w00t! Probably my most successful topic ever. But then again, I did once make a topic about cows...
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Araviel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Heart Of Swords wrote:Indeed. I've got a full time job now, am married, have a house and bills, so my life is insanely different than it was back then, but this community (SD and Ryo's Place/HD) was such a huge part of my life in 2003-2006 when I was 19-22 that it'll be with me forever. It's hard to get involved in the community again after such a long time has passed, which I think is why people that have been gone so long come back whenever there's a topic like this.

Congrats!!! :D we all grew up in the end, eh? I'm engaged (been 5 years of long distance, so this one is a keeper!), about to start a PhD, got plenty of bills (and student loans, oh dear), but you're totally right, the years that we were here we were young and growing up, so obviously it'd mean a lot to us all in the end. This was before fb and iSomething and all, so you guys really became a social friend group :king:
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby KiBa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Araviel wrote:we all grew up in the end, eh?

Not quite.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Heart Of Swords » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 am

Ryudo wrote:^ is scribes lite still up?

It was, but it was on phpBB2, and we had so many mods on there that Yukio and I never got around to upgrading it to phpBB3. We eventually closed it down because spambots found the place and I don't think there's any way to stop registration completely on phpBB2. It's still there, just not accessible at the moment. I'd like to bring it back someday, though. It was a lot of fun to make and write stuff for.
Heart Of Swords
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Heart Of Swords » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 am

SpringChick wrote:

Congrats (except for the bills part :P).
I know I can't resist being part of the nostalgic topics. It's so nice to have a laugh with all the old posters from back in the day. Brings back memories.
Nozomi: I wish time could just stand still.

Edit-
20 pages? w00t! Probably my most successful topic ever. But then again, I did once make a topic about cows...

Thanks! Indeed, all it takes is some random post or something, and it's like you get put back in that time again.
Araviel wrote:

Congrats!!! :D we all grew up in the end, eh? I'm engaged (been 5 years of long distance, so this one is a keeper!), about to start a PhD, got plenty of bills (and student loans, oh dear), but you're totally right, the years that we were here we were young and growing up, so obviously it'd mean a lot to us all in the end. This was before fb and iSomething and all, so you guys really became a social friend group :king:

Cool, congrats on the engagement. Indeed we all have to grow up. The "Iowa trio" is all but disbanded now. Bee still lives around here, but we have just grown apart, so we really don't see each other much, other than to randomly jam together once in a while. Neal/Deadpool/"A little piece of nothing" lives in Chicago and does graphics arts and band stuff now, so I'm still hanging out in Iowa, doing the same old stuff I always was.
Heart Of Swords
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby QWERTY » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Might I just add that this topic is full of the most narcisstic cunts I've ever come across? It's perfectly ok to disappear for years on end without so much as a whisper, but when your name crops up, fuck, it's a different story.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:23 pm

QWERTY wrote: the most narcisstic cunt

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO9ke7ohkv4[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:28 pm

^ Don't post a video. What is your opinion? Seriously? Because you are probably one of the worst for reminicsing about "teh old times" but in actual fact you've probably had just as good times with some of the newer guys on this board. Beleedat.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 pm

QWERTY wrote:^ Don't post a video. What is your opinion? Seriously? Because you are probably one of the worst for reminicsing about "teh old times" but in actual fact you've probably had just as good times with some of the newer guys on this board. Beleedat.

Just when I hear of narcissistic I think of that talentless cunt fart.
But TBH I actually like it more these days than back then.Still good memories from this place but the people now to me are less prone to have forum wars and much more hilarious. Back then was so unorganized and sometimes just too insane where I even left for over a year. ESP the louis,teepo crap plus a period where the whole staff were batshit crazy.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Ryudo wrote:
QWERTY wrote:^ Don't post a video. What is your opinion? Seriously? Because you are probably one of the worst for reminicsing about "teh old times" but in actual fact you've probably had just as good times with some of the newer guys on this board. Beleedat.

Just when I hear of narcissistic I think of that talentless cunt fart.
But TBH I actually like it more these days than back then.Still good memories from this place but the people now to me are less prone to have forum wars and much more hilarious. Back then was so unorganized and sometimes just too insane where I even left for over a year. ESP the louis,teepo crap plus a period where the whole staff were batshit crazy.

I agree wholeheartedly. Hence why I asked you to unlock this account, because I do honestly think this community is worth being part of. I 'aint too keen on the fuckwits that casuallay drop themselves in. :evil:
Last edited by QWERTY on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 pm

QWERTY wrote:Might I just add that this topic is full of the most narcisstic cunts I've ever come across? It's perfectly ok to disappear for years on end without so much as a whisper, but when your name crops up, fuck, it's a different story.

:lol:
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby QWERTY » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 am

Fuck me I was bollocksed last night! :lol:

I spelt narcissistic wrong and everyfink.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic