Old forums?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Old forums?

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Could someone not check his email address and see if hes on facebook or any social networking site? Just in case he just stopped coming here?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby QWERTY » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Peter wrote:Could someone not check his email address and see if hes on facebook or any social networking site? Just in case he just stopped coming here?

I think he disappeared before those kinda sites came to prominence mate. I never knew the guy myself. I knew of him, but never had the opportunity to have a chat. Regardless, I hope he is ok.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Bysby was a real private guy. Not the type to use twitter or facebook.
He spoke to just a select few and even then didn't sat a whole lot.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Supa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:46 pm

I'd check anyways just to make sure..never hurts.

Japanfan.

EDIT: Check it out: http://www.hazukidojo.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&start=15

He posted in December 2010 at Hazuki Dojo. Said his condition was dire, but maybe he just forgot about the place.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 am

Yeah I know but certain things about this new account are suspicious.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Supa » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:41 pm

What do you mean? He had the same avatar and stuff. Does this set up allow you to see when a user changed avatar and profile settings? If so, you could check to see if the SD account had it before the HD account registered. It may be kinda overboard/stalkerish, but if you really wanna check on him.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Supa wrote:What do you mean? He had the same avatar and stuff. Does this set up allow you to see when a user changed avatar and profile settings? If so, you could check to see if the SD account had it before the HD account registered. It may be kinda overboard/stalkerish, but if you really wanna check on him.

I could not trace the IP and some things he said and how he said things didn't sound like the bysby I knew. Also was more open about the stroke when he was never open about anything. He also asked for some files I spoke of in the Bysby thread on HD Bysby gave me years ago. Then he asked for them but knew nothing of specific of what was in them. Funny thing is he was handy with computers and sure would have back ups.
I want to believe it's him. Trust me I do.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Supa » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Did you give him the files? Hmm...sounds fishy. Guess we'll never know. :sad:
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:26 am

maybe with having a stroke, his abilities have declined. With my sister possibly having one, ive heard all sorts of bad stuff, like total memory loss and loss of the basic functions. Perhaps that could be why his posts and personality are off. Man its so saddening to think about anyone going through that :(
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Panda_rapist » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 am

Peter wrote:maybe with having a stroke, his abilities have declined. With my sister possibly having one, ive heard all sorts of bad stuff, like total memory loss and loss of the basic functions. Perhaps that could be why his posts and personality are off. Man its so saddening to think about anyone going through that :(

yeah i knew somebody who had a complete personality change, it got better after a year but he didn't seem to remember doing anything wrong
Panda_rapist

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Peter wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Sonniku and Porkchop when they were both mods were especially fun to bait. :D

ahh dude on his first day as a mod, DrPorkchop banned me then unbanned me, warned me and then removed it wilst sending me a long email saying how people view mods on forums in certain ways and hes the bad guy and how the pressure was mad etc. The worst about it was i wasnt online! :rotflmao:

QWERTY wrote:I do wonder what has happened to the following:

Rhayno. G
Daemos
drporkchop
Araviel
DaMulder
Sonikuu ( ;-) )
Silas

I had a lot of fun winding up a certain few of those people! :lol:

All just disappeared, but Silas and Hanna i think called in when Yama took over and said hello. Id say they check in every week or month or so, but dont post.

What about DarkSlayer, John Petrucci, Yunny, Japanfan, JCA, Trunks, Bren, Snoopbob...... toooo many names over the years :sad:

Im still alive i check this place every couple of weeks. Still hang out with bren (when i can work and all that gets in the way) also... FREE FOON! :P
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby Peter » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:45 pm

SnoopB! Good to see you again! Bring back Mr Chips in that avi! :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:20 am

If that wasn't Bigsby at the Hazuki Dojo, that's really messed up.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby SpringChick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Araviel wrote:I did go for a year to Beijing though, which was OK. Doing Medical Anthropology in Edinburgh right now, hoping to return to China/HK and do field work on mental health. And to think, it was Shenmue that made me apply to the HK college back in 2003... jeez. Who says games never lead to anything useful?

That is crazy! In a good way. Congrats to you. ^^

Peter wrote:Im surprised Melissa didnt post a link to this, considering how much she used to win in the damn thing! :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21497&hilit=+awards

I was trying to be modest. Still waiting for my prize money, though...

And those cheap award sigs! Ha ha. That brought back memories.

Peter wrote:thats great news. Hope thats true, but it would have been nice for the dojo to get an invite it it is the case :D

His new wife: "Honey, who are all these goobers and why do they keep talking about Shamu?

Birty wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how topics like this bring back members who haven't posted in the forum for a good 15-20 years!

At least! :P Something ties us to this place. No matter how long it's been, I can never forget the dojo.
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SpringChick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Supa wrote:EDIT: Check it out: http://www.hazukidojo.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&start=15

He posted in December 2010 at Hazuki Dojo. Said his condition was dire, but maybe he just forgot about the place.

That is sad. And what a sweet OP. I really do hope he's okay.

:(
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic