Boxing

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Boxing

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm

^ I wrote down my thoughts in the post above you lol! Anyway yeah, Haye was by far the superior boxer, but I have alot of respect for Chisora, he did fight with heart, and to be honest I reckon most wouldn't have even tried to get back up after either of those knock downs, Chisora did actually get up from both, but yeah the fight was over. But also as I mentioned above, I thought Chisora showed real sportmanship smiling and hugging Haye after it was all said and done. Certainly not what I many expected I guess.

I also don't really get the holier than thou attitude that so many had in regard to the fight. Yeah, it was a grudgematch and yes they did have an inappropriate scuffle outside the ring. But you know what, I can think of much worse, for example, I find all the on pitch acting in professional football far more disgraceful . And lets not forget all the antics Ali, a boxer who many still call "the greatest, got up to. The night before his Frazier fight he went outside Frazier's hotel and started firing a gun! Honestly what's more disgraceful?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:15 pm

That Kahn knockout...was rough...Wasn't expecting that.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:45 am

His always had a weak chin and his too full of himself. Like he would stand a chance against Floyd
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:58 am

Honestly I think fights like this have been the biggest killers of boxing lately. Just like the Bradley fight you have an inferior fighter who knows he sucks pulling out a win. Khan does have a frustrating weak chin, but other than that I can see him giving Floyd a good fight. Danny Garcia just like Josesito Lopez and Timothy Bradley are not fit to be in their positions. They suck and will stink out the arena defending their belts.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Haye said his calling it a day...again :roll: fucking attention seeker.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby LawXiu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:49 pm

I thought Haye would loose and Khan would win. That shut me up. I like Khan but he's too cocky. He's seriously over confident. I hope he takes a good long look at himself. I don't think he's finished but I don't think he's far off.

I like Haye because he's so full of shit he makes me laugh.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Wow. The last post was a year ago, with all the mega fights we have had. Now we are staring at a blockbuster matchup in Mayweather vs. Alvarez. Someone who finally looks to stand in there and compete. Alvarez has the confidence, skill, size, and arguably the speed to be a true threat to Floyd. Please pull your heads out of your rears and follow this fight. LOL
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Judging by patterns, if Canelo Alvarez, the Irish-Mexican star upsets Mayweather, I imagine this thread will suddenly come back to life as well. Even with all the great matches over the past year and a half.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:29 am

What a let down from Alvarez.As much crap as Floyd gets over his fighting style,it works.If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Juanfran » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:07 pm

By far the best part of all this is that Justin Bieber is apparently Floyd's bro
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Here I sit after taken in this tense and long awaited boxing event last night of Money vs. Canelo. I won't be long winded right now, because I'm tired and speechless. The outcome was almost just as I predicted, albiet with judging issues, but I'm most disappointed with Canelo's output and strategy, which I'm sure is much to blame on his inept camp. Mayweather won by Majority decision 117-111, 116-112, and 114-114. They are currently investigating the drawed judge which is hilarious, yet appropriate.

I knew speed and stamina would be an issue, and Mayweather even looked at times in the middle of the fight as if he might have stopped Canelo while T-ing off on him against the ropes. He walked Canelo down as I feared, and took his best shots with ease as I feared. It all played out as I thought it might, but Canelo, I still maintain has tools that he doesn't quite know how to use yet. The issue is that as I stated, things get even harder for Mayweather as he continues on his quest. He seems to be more and more hopeful that he can retire undefeated. I've said long ago that his arrogance is a smoke screen. He will never call an opponent anything more than a strong competitor- that's his style. However, with a white-washing victory like that, angry fans will be even more demanding than ever for his next opponent. And if he wants to keep his money and legacy, he will have to chose someone to fight next, who the FANS all agree is legitimately dangerous. It's one thing to win, but with high PPV prices, people will be more reluctant than ever to pay to see a one sided beating again. He will have alot of pressure on him to probably move up to 160 and perhaps face Ward.

Everyone is looking at Danny Garcia as his immediate next opponent. The problem is that Danny isn't ready yet, just like Canelo, and he is even smaller. However, he did look very impressive in his win over Matthyse and actually stole the show. I just know that a fight with Floyd will be too big of a step too soon. I don't think anyone will tolerate or risk putting Mayweather in the ring right now again with any young star. It will have to be someone seasoned and dangerous. I personally think the winner of the Marquez vs. Bradley fight should fight him, but that' just me. We'll see.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:46 am

*IMPORTANT
I'd be remisced not to bring up the biggest boxing match in history, at least as far as money is concerned. Finally, we have Mayweather stepping into the ring with Manny Pacquiao on May 2nd. Just when I was getting excited, and trying to believe in 2 fighters vying for supreme greatness, I'm brought back down to earth, and the present times we live in, where people are cowards, and no one wants to challenge himself beyond the comfort zone. In fact, most athletes are really just putting on an show these days. The fight is still on, but it has been tampered with in a most disgusting way. I'm reserving extreme decisions right now, but you may want to boycott this fight, and I wouldn't blame you. It's a $100 million fight, but if you know what I've learned, it will be very difficult to carry that into the event along with your hard earned dollars.

I'll leave links below to my blog that elaborates on the mess, as well as a Youtube video that is well informed.

http://j-teaminc.blogspot.com/2015/03/boxing-update-mayweather-vs-pacquiao.html

phpBB [video]

Jokatech19 has received a thanks from: Rakim
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby IrishNinja » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:26 pm

crawford vs. dulorme on saturday looks to be a great fight, even the ticket's loaded...can't wait!
IrishNinja
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: TheIrishNinja
XBL: The NZA 2099
Nintendo FC: IrishNinja
Steam: The NZA
Currently playing: Guardian Heroes

Postby Peter » Sat May 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Anyone watching the fight? Predictions?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kenny » Sat May 02, 2015 11:43 pm

Not a boxing guy but Mayweather vs Pacquiao is a very big deal.

Everyone wants Pacman to win because Mayweather is an asshole.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic