Boxing

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Boxing

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 pm

I have never been more disgusted with the United States of America in my life. I'm now confident that I will miss the Mayweather v Cotto fight next week due to the fact that the internet is completely policed now. No site will dare to show even a replay of a big fight and this has to happen not only in the last fight of Hopkin's career, but before what may be Mayweather's first loss. And I will not only have the fight spoiled for me by Yahoo and every other site, but I will NEVER EVER see a replay. :agrue:
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Spokane » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm pretty sure a lot of other places are like that.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Neo Matrix » Fri May 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Ever wished boxing rankings were easy to figure out, like a points system or something?
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 am

I'll be the sole voice for boxing again....
mayweather v. Cotton was not a barn burner, but it was very scientific. Mayweather showed unusual aggression and was good at keeping and controlling range. He used steady uppercuts and Sharp hooks throughout. But he also showed that he relies a bit much on his shoulder roll. While late in the fight he did use good head movement, when he was under serious heat he retreated to the roll. While everyone was spiked over defense it was his offense that impressed me at times. Despite the commentators and idiot judges mayeeather did not obliterate cotto

Alvarez was the star last night. He beat up on a peaked Mosley. In fact what he did was more impressive than pacman or floyd
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Lamont Peterson fails a drug test, rematch with Khan in doubt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17987251
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Jokatech19 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Lamont Peterson fails a drug test, rematch with Khan in doubt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17987251

The rematch has been cancelled. There won't be another chance at the title for Khan. They are looking into other opponents right now.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Umm, so were those judges as blind or payed off as it seems to me? I couldn't even give 3 rounds to Bradley :s
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spokane » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Didn't watch it but I have seen pretty much only outrage at the result posted on the internet.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:46 pm

The outrage is entirely justified if you ask me. If you watch the fight even as objectively as is possible, any reasonable person would find it hard to give Bradley any more than 3 rounds, and even that's possibly pushing it IMO. I'm not sure he even landed one clean connection, whereas Manny managed to rock him quite a few times throughout. It's a ridiculous decision and even worse than that Kahn debacle. Is Freddy Roach paying off the judges to score against his own fighters? This is terrible for boxing.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spokane » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 pm

I read many comments about how people think the whole thing was rigged.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:26 am

It's hard to say, I think it was just really bad judging. Don't get me wrong, Bradley fought very well, he was quite aggressive and a lot of rounds seemed fairly close, so it is possible that the judges just misread it, the action was quite fast at times. But as I've said, I gave him 3 rounds and maybe another round or at best two were a draw (and even if you gave those rounds to Bradley, Manny still would have won ), the rest were all Pacquiao. There's no doubt about who the better fighter that night was, but the judging was very poor indeed, unfortunately.

Oh well, I guess Pacquiao Vs Mayweather is even more of a pipe dream now.....at least we have Haye Vs Chisora to look foward to..urghhh....well it should at least be an upclose slugging fest, and I have no qualms about seeing either of those two beaten up, so it's a win win I guess :P
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jokatech19 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQEPks27ps[/youtube]

I started to go into detail on my blog a few days ago, but I will explain here as well..

The fight was completely fixed. Both Pacman and Bradley knew before the fight, that if Pacquiao didn't KO Bradley, that he would lose the decision. The judges weren't misinterpreting anything. No one is that stupid. They weren't watching the fight at all. They had been given their instructions.

Prior to the fight, the media made Bradley play up a new persona of an arrogant, undefeated fighter. It was so fixed and unnatural it couldn't be more obvious. Then he made an appearance on SportsCenter where he talked to Brian Kenny about how confident he was in his training and what he would do. He then robotically got up and picked up a sign that said "Bradley vs. Pacquiao 2 November 10, 2012." An idiot could tell that was neither in his character, or from his mouth. After the decision was read off, if you noticed, Pacman wasn't even momentarily shocked while getting degloved. He acted shock after the fact.

They want to make money off of a rematch and market Bradley as well. In fact there are complaints coming from Mayweather's lawyer saying that he is deteriorating in his cell being locked down 23 hours a day and kept from the gym. I saw that coming and he will most definitely need a tune up fight after getting out. While waiting, I bet you any money that Bradley and Pacman will have a rematch with Bradley doing much better and losing to Pacman by decision if not KO'd.
Arum was taking heat for the fix as well, and so had to push his investigation. I'm pretty sure the decision will stand. This is what is killing the sport. A loss is a serious thing, but nowadays it's treated like no more than a chip. They expect us to all forget and enjoy the rematch. I won't ignore, or forget that a master put on a great performance and destroyed a fool in the ring only to lose what was nowhere near a close fight.
Article on Floyd

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/80 ... -jr-career

O and btw, if you guys think that this is an outrage already, wait until you read the article where the chief referee/judge Ford tries to defend the decision as making sense. He says that people don't know what to look at when watching a boxing match.. Yeah he goes there. And he says that you have to break the fight down into 2 halves. He feels that watching round to round you can see a close fight that can go either way.

It's so funny. You can argue that the sky is green in todays world. All you have to do is say its not as blue as you think and then pick a color. People can break any nonsense down into a science. I agrued with my friend who is also idiotically seeing a close fight. The bottom line is unless you insert realities that were not there, the punch stats speak for themselves. The fight was a blowout. If you can call this close and a win for Bradley, then you can say Margarito may have won. It's as easy as words, I told my friend, but it still doesn't make sense.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Neo Matrix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

I'll need to watch the fight again as I ended up with three 10-10 rounds (Pacquiao's "wait till the last minute to do any real work" tactic was making it difficult to score him in all the rounds) but I had it 117-114 in favour of Pacquiao personally. I don't watch much boxing though so I probably missed a few things.
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Good fight between Haye and Chisora. Went the way we all suspected it would with Haye coming out on top, but it was a great performance by Haye with two brutal knockdowns in the 5th round. Props to Chisora too, he showed his heart and definitely tried to take it to Haye, but he was just outclassed. Best of all was the comradery shown between the two after the fight. After all brawling and trash talk I didn't expect the bitterness between the two to disappear after the fight, but they were hugging and both smiling in the end, so that showed real sportsmanship from Chisora, he knew Haye was the better boxer that night.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Tuffty » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Wonder what the outcome in the Haye vs Chisora match will be today. Anyone outside the UK is unlikely to have heard the story but it's been given a lot of press here in the UK. Basically, Chisora's a cunt. In his last fight with Vitali Klitschko he slapped him in the weigh in and spat water in Vladimir's face at the fight. When he lost, he was giving off in the press conference after about lasting longer than Haye did. Haye was in the audience at the time and started calling him out. Chisora responded by saying he will literally shoot Haye. Then turns out they both fight in the press conference with Haye throwing the first punch, sorry, the first bottle, as he smacked it across Chisora's face. So here we are today with the fight that's as predictable as the sun rising. They're calling it the 'Sham in West Ham' and it's true. I'd be surprised if it's even a boxing match at all and not some street fight.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic