Manga Recommendation Topic

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Manga Recommendation Topic

Postby silent killer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 am

ThyDarkAngel wrote:
mue 26 wrote: I also really want to check out Nana, but I might just watch the anime instead.

I would suggest the manga over the anime. I devouered the manga volume after volume. The anime is good but streamlined a bit too much, or at least I get that vibe.

A bit, but the music is awesome. Totally makes it worth missing a couple scenes.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Ziming » Thu May 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Here to recommend another survival themed manga. Somewhat resembles Battle Royale.

BTOOOM!

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/btooom/

Ziming has received a thanks from: wude
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Have I already recommended REAL? One of my favourites. There is so much manga I want to read, but I simply can't afford them right now.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Biohazard [Resident Evil] - Marhawa Desire

Professor Doug Wright teaches at Bennett University, teaching subjects such as bio-terrorism and chemical warfare. One day, he receives a letter from Asia's largest private high school academy: Marhawa Academy. The letter reads: "A biohazard has occurred inside the academy grounds." Doug immediately departs to investigate this incident with his nephew, Ricky, as his assistant. What he finds there looks to be another Raccoon City inside all over again. With the help of Chris Redfield and the BSAA [Bio-Terror Special Operations Unit], will he be able to stop the madness of the t-virus inside this isolated school?

You can read the Manga in English below.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/biohazard_marhawa_desire/

Ziming has received a thanks from: wude
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Rakim » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:54 am

Boku wa Beatles

This is the tale of two members of a Beatles cover band who find themselves transported back in time to 1961 – to a time before anyone had ever heard of the Beatles – and decide to take the mantle of the world’s greatest rock band for themselves!

Even if you don't read manga that often, but you like the Beatles, you should read this. I read the 1st volume today and it was hella fun. I pray that what ever shit they would need to sort with the actual Beatles business-wise gets done so that this can be made into an anime.

I'm not sure if this has been officially localised for English speakers, but there are definitely scanslations out there if you're interested.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:58 pm

I was recommended this one and it's really become a great read.

1973, Vietnam - an American soldier goes mad and guns down his buddies. Since then, the only words he has uttered are "Banana Fish"...
Twelve years later, in New York City, police investigate a series of puzzling suicides and a dying man gives a charismatic young gang leader named Ash Lynx a vial of a mysterious substance...

I don't want to spoil this series plot, since it gets real batshit crazy and is soooo good at keeping you hooked and addicted to it.
This is one of those overlooked gems and the whole series was officially published into English. If you are after a really good manga, get this one, you won't regret it. It was very popular in Japan and for good reason.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: wude
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Rakim » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 am

Let's bring this thread back.

I got tricked into reading Gintama today and it's funny as hell yo!
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby myshtuff » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:44 pm

This is really good. So sad that he's gone, but man what a great manga to go out on. Just as good as his animes.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Ziming » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Azumi
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Azumi

Azumi is a manga series that concerns a young woman brought up as part of a team of assassins, charged with killing three warlords that threaten Feudal Japan with an agenda of war and bloodshed.

Azumi received an Excellence Prize at the 1997 Japan Media Arts Festival and the Shogakukan Manga Award in 1998.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:27 am

Wow I don't read them as much as when I was younger, but here are some (not mentioned in previous posts I hope) that left a big impression in me:

VINLAND SAGA

KINGDOM

Blade of the Immortal
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:55 am

Just reading Vinland Saga (from the Creator of Planetes) and Inuyashiki (from the Creator of Gantz). Both are really good Manga that I'd recommend to anybody. Also been reading some Crying Freeman (from the Creator of Lone Wolf and Cub), another fantastic Manga, if you're into Action/Crime manga with the assassins, Triads and Yakuza convoluted plotlines and crazy action and assassination scenes, it's really entertaining. Fantastic artwork throughout as well.

In other news, Berserk is back next week. Yay!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Previous

Return to Off Topic