Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 am

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:32 am

Amazing. I wanna punch that guy with that America comment. People like him gives us a bad name. Well that, and the government .
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Spokane » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:28 pm

This guy commenting on a lot of the videos this other guy uploaded, guides for the Ratchet & Clank games. "Very helpful but get a life". I click on his profile and I see the hypocrite has uploaded several clips of himself playing CoD, several versions of the game.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:16 pm

I hate banks. Just spent over an hour in a webchat session with a customer service advisor. If you can be arsed, the chat's here:

An advisor will be with you shortly.
While waiting to be connected, don’t forget you might still be able to find the answer to your question and many more by using our ‘Help 24x7’.
During this web chat you will not be asked to provide any details from your PIN or Password and you will not be required to use your Card-Reader.
Please note if any personal information is given, it will only be used with regards to this specific enquiry and will not be used for any other purpose.
You are currently number 1 in the queue.

You are now connected with an adviser.

Sammy: Hi, you're chatting with Sammy. May I take your name please?

DAVID: David Field

Sammy: Hello David, how can I help you today?

DAVID: I spoke to an advisor on this web chat yesterday in regards to a bank transfer. The website tells me that I need a card reader in order to make a transfer. I have one already, but it is not linked to my Natwest account, as it is an RBS card reader. The advisor informed me that 24 hours after ordering a card reader online I would be able to use the RBS card reader. I asked if she could confirm that this was definitely the case, as it would be on a Sunday, and the advisor told me that I would definitely be able to. 25 hours have passed and I am still being prompted to order a card reader.

Sammy: Sorry it does take 48 hours not 24 I do apologise.

DAVID: 48 hours.

Sammy: That is correct David.

DAVID: So, despite me asking for definite confirmation, I was lied to.

DAVID: I needed this transfer to be made by 23:59 tonight.

Sammy: I am going to put this forward as feedback I am very sorry about this David?

DAVID: What exactly will be done?

Sammy: I will put this forward in my huddle to discuss on how this was given incorrectly and make sure it does not happed again.

Sammy: Happen*

DAVID: Well, to be honest, that doesn't really help my situation, does it? Unless you've got a time machine in order to do so retroactively, I've still been severely misinformed, in turn causing me great inconvenience and wasting my time.

DAVID: Any reason as to why I would be told 24 hours as opposed to 48 hours?

Sammy: I can give you the link to our complaints department if you like?

DAVID: No, not really, that doesn't qualify as good customer service. Customer service is supposed to lead to solutions for the customer, not result in a scolding for an employee. I've got absolutely no interest in ruining someone's day, what I want is a solution that is beneficial to myself.

Sammy: I am very sorry you feel this way if I could log a complaint I would do but I do not have this facility.

DAVID: I don't want to make a complaint, I'm not some grouchy old man looking to complain about anything due to how little joy I have in my life, I want a solution for my situation.

DAVID: What exact point in the process is it that activates the ability to make a bank transfer online?

Sammy: When you order a card reader it tricks the system into thinking the one that has been ordered is the one that you have but it does take 48 hours.

DAVID: Exactly 48 hours, no more, no less?

Sammy: That is correct David.

DAVID: So then that means it's automated.

Sammy: That is correct the system triggers then you can use this.

DAVID: If it's automated, then that means that there is a way of doing so manually.

Sammy: There is no way of doing this If I had that option I would of done this for you.

DAVID: would have*

Sammy: Sorry about this David.

DAVID: I'm aware that, as a customer service agent, you would personally have no way of doing so. I'd like to know who COULD do it.

Sammy: Nobody can do this David it is the system that triggers this.

DAVID: The system is maintained by people, I know this. There is no computer that can self-sustain a database, this is why people still have jobs.

DAVID: And besides, when something needs changing, a person has to manually alter it on said database.

DAVID: So therefore, someone can definitely do it.

Sammy: Ok I understand where you are coming from, however when this system was manually set up they programmed this to be 48 hours. This unfortunately cannot be changed

DAVID: So what you're telling me is that, even though you are a customer service agent, you are not going to do a single thing to help remedy this situation, instead you are going to point your finger at an FAQ answer.

Sammy: I can help you raise this as a complaint and I feel that is the best way forward David.

DAVID: Is there not a single person you know in your department who has a slightly more intimate level of knowledge of other departments and the way the company works?

DAVID: No, it's not the best way forward, because making a formal complaint benefits me in no way. I'd like Natwest to live up to their end of the bargain. I was promised great customer service when I opened my accounts, and so far I've been "misinformed" and received unhelpful answers.

Sammy: I have told you the best way forward David would you like the link?

Sammy: I apologise but you can remedy this by logging a complaint and we can investigate this for you.

DAVID: As I said, it is not the best way forward, as it is not the solution to my problem, it's just an easy way for you to leave the conversation.

DAVID: It's not the remedy at all, I am unable to visit my local branch for the next two days. I need this money in the desired account by 15:00 tomorrow.

Sammy: I do not want to leave this conversation you seem like a nice customer who is frustrated on how the system works so I want to do my best to help you.

DAVID: Okay, so if I wanted to change information on my account, how would I go about this?

Sammy: What information are you looking to change?

DAVID: Any. I'm asking about the process. Is there a different route for each aspect of the account, or is it all compiled onto one datapacket?

Sammy: You can change personal details by visiting your local branch in the meantime and if you are looking to change pin or password you can re-register.

DAVID: Okay, and when it comes to the card reader, does that have it's own database which my account is then added to, or does my account get "greenlit" (as in, is there a field which switches from "Does not have card reader" to "Has card reader")?

Sammy: When you order one it will tell us when this is ordered however there is no green light for when this is ready to use, this is always 48 hours after the card reader has been ordered.

DAVID: Yes, I understand that, but is this information stored on a universal database, or one that is designed specifically for card readers?

Sammy: I do not want to comment on this as I did not setup the system.

DAVID: Does this mean you don't know?

Sammy: I cannot discuss how our system was made as this is confidential.

Sammy: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

DAVID: Okay, well if you can't disclose that information, then I will tell you that there will either be a simple point and click option to "activate" my ability to use the card reader, or within the code, there will be a section that reads something along the lines of "card_reader//id=false", and all that's needed is that "false" (or it could be "00") be re-written as "true" or "01". So, who within the Natwest group has access to this?

Sammy: Nobody can change this David if this was the case I would have done this for you already. I do apologise even our technical team cannot change this.

DAVID: It can be changed, I know that. If they're not allowed to, that's a different matter, but I do know for a fact that it can be changed. I'd like to know though, why is the system designed like this? It seems highly inconvenient for customers, and doesn't exactly scream "we'll do what we can to help".

Sammy: This cannot be changed.

DAVID: Okay, please don't tell me this, I design databases and build programs for a living, I know for a fact this can be changed. Anyone with the know how (ie the person/people who have designed the system or program in use) can change anything within it.

DAVID: This is besides the point though.

DAVID: Are you actually willing to do something to help this situation, or is your final "solution" simply making a complaint?

Sammy: It does seem you feel strongly about this David I think making a complaint would be the best way forward shall I send you the link?

Sammy: That is the solution David.

DAVID: First I'd like you to walk me through the process (and no, it's not a solution, because it offers me no help whatsoever, it only offer the bank themselves help in terms of improving customer service), as I'd like to know whether it's actually worth my time.

DAVID: offers*

Sammy: This is worth your time David.

DAVID: Okay, so besides a reminder that the activation time for card readers is 48 hours and not 24 hours in your pre-work pep talks, what will actually be done?

DAVID: Will the bank make a change to the process so that it doesn't take so long to make a simple bank transfer, will I actually receive a detailed (not automated) reply regarding the situation, or will it just be swept under the carpet?

Sammy: This is not a pre-work pep talk this will be at our very important daily huddle and I will put this forward there, and I will be honest with you David I do not think this will be changed.

DAVID: I've worked in a bank before, I know that they're brief 5-15 minute meetings with short reminders and pep talks.

DAVID: I'm more interested in pushing this issue so that it IS changed.

Sammy: This can be pushed David raise this complaint.

DAVID: I want to feel like a valued customer, sweeping this under the carpet, when it's clearly something that will crop up with many others, simply doesn't.

DAVID: I want to raise the complaint BEYOND the automated service on the website.

Sammy: Please accept my sincere apologies I can speak to our technical team for you.

DAVID: The technical team are probably the best people I can raise the issue with. Instead of making a complaint, I'd like to contact them so that I can push this further as opposed to it being bundled in with the high volume of generic moan letters in the complaints department.

Sammy: I do apologise it is a staff line but I will put this forward for you.

DAVID: Will I receive a reply that explains what has been done?

Sammy: If you raise this as a complaint then yes David.

DAVID: Okay then, I'm sure you're bored of me by now, and I my head's sore from the amount of times I've banged it against the proverbial brick wall, I'll just raise the complaint.

Sammy: Shall I give you the link?

DAVID: In fact, I'll tell you what, doing it within the company's probably a bad idea, I'll just post the conversation on the Facebook page, that'll get a little more attention.

DAVID: Ah, clever, Natwest doesn't allow it. Nice way to avoid bad PR from disgruntled customers.

Sammy: I am sorry about this David shall I send you the link?

DAVID: Nah, it's fine. I'll find a better way. Thanks anyway. Sorry to have kept you for so long, take care n have a gudden.

Sammy: Well it has been a delight David like I said if you change your mind come back through to us and we will be more than happy to raise this for you I hope this has not ruined your night, thank your for chatting with me today David/

Sammy: David.*

Sammy: Thank you for chatting with me. Have a fantastic day.

Please click here to end the chat and let us know your thoughts on the service you have received

I just despise how little companies (specifically their customer service departments) actually help customers. It's like when you phone up about a faulty product like a graphics card or a game. They take you through the idiotic troubleshooting process as opposed to getting actual problem solvers on the phone or chat. Fucking cunts.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 pm

lmao gold
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:35 pm

This is spectacular. But the backstory's all new to me, so can anyone tell me on what grounds the US government decided to take action against Antigua's online gambling industry?

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 pm

:lol: gwan Antigua!

mue 26 has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. But i'm still writing it. :P

Funny you bring up the hyper-gamer stereotypes for cheap laughs, what OL and Mittz suggested was what I already set out to do. I'm not interested in the "typical gamer", i'm interested in making it about people like us. Regular people who happen to love to game and they hate the ones that make them look bad. The drama angle will probably happen, as this is actually intended to be the third in a series about Working Class people (the first was in a call center and the second was in a movie set, both of those scripts are completed) and it had both drama and comedy in it already.

Probably the way I described it made it sound like an American Pie comedy when in fact it's alot closer to Clerks, Waiting..., and Office Space. Which all focus more on character moments rather than the obvious stuff. For instance in my call center script, Tech, very little of it actually has to do with the characters troubleshooting the customer and outsourcing. You know, things that you think would be in a movie like it, reusing the same gags and all. It's actually more about a guy who is trying not to get fired and needs the help of someone who hates his guts simply for who he is, but over adversity and some misunderstanding they finally come to terms with each other and their personal lives that originally caused the adversity to begin with.

I think I just need to write it and release it so you guys would know where i'm intending to go with this, as it's real easy to compare it to terrible shit like Big Bang Theory at this point.

Kenny has received 4 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:30 pm

I'm designing uniforms for a game, and for some reason I keep coming back to the British Commando Sweaters

Theres just something about these that I really like.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby south carmain » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I'm designing uniforms for a game, and for some reason I keep coming back to the British Commando Sweaters

they're cozy :3
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:52 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I'm designing uniforms for a game, and for some reason I keep coming back to the British Commando Sweaters

Like the design but hate the color. May sound cliche but would look perfect in black. Also does kinda look to me like part of a Final Fantasy outfit. More on the lines of FFVII or VS XIII
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:35 am

They're itchy as fuck, and are more like a torture device for PoWs.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 am

Not pink enough for my tastes. [-X
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 am

Next time the British Army needs to sneak into a candy floss factory, I'm sure they'll give you a call Sonikku.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby KiBa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 pm

There's just something about this suit I really like.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic