Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:23 am

Fuck I really love alcohol.

Suck a serotonin rush.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shredingskin » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:52 am

OH NO IVE SAID TOO MUCH.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby redline » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:16 pm

phpBB [video]

redline has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Mr357
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:15 pm

What's the deal with tinder, why can't girls talk first ??

Do I have to do the whole work ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:37 pm

shredingskin wrote: What's the deal with tinder, why can't girls talk first ??

Do I have to do the whole work ?

Like pretty much any dating app they recieve a shit ton of messages from loads of guys so unless if youre particularly attractive then yes
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:13 pm

Having to be attractive to get them to make the first move is a myth.

Extreme wealth will also suffice. :-k
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:07 am

I'm pretty much liking half of argentina right now, I still haven't talked to any of my matches though, so its kinda pointless (like my life I guess)

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Rakim
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Cyberman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 am

Spent Christmas eve with my birth family. It was fun.

Cyberman has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby Rakim » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Jesus Christ. If any more celebrities would like to die in 2016 speak now or forever hold your peace.

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, Monkei
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:08 pm

It's ok they were mostly just has-beens anyway

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Mr357
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:36 am

I didn't expect to be this upset about Carrie Fisher's death. It's not like I knew her. It's not like I'm mourning anyone that was present in my own, real life. And it's not like she was a saint or superhuman in her role-model-worthiness. I tell myself I'm mourning a character more than a person... but that's not quite entirely true.

What I'm mourning, are the bricks and mortar that built my childhood. People who epitomized youthfulness and vitality to me - in various fields, but especially the myriad creative arts - are checking out right and left. It is both a reminder of mortality (my own bearing down on me faster than any of us like to think about or concede,) and a sad further erosion of the symbols and landmarks of my "wonder years."

Yet another emphatic notice that some things and people are gone forever, and will never be coming back. It's easy to just say, "Well that's life." Or, "So what? People die every day. You don't cry about those poor unfortunates." Well, duh. (Though I do try to spare a thought for them whenever possible.) But there are billions of people on Earth, all of whom will live and die in their course, and it's not practical or possible to be aware of all of their births and passings.

Those we do become privy to though, naturally affect us more than those we're unaware of. And even if we don't know them, those who play important roles in our formative years... those into whom we invest empathetic and cathartic emotional weight whether it be a musician whose song we wore out a tape or record listening to repeatedly for years, or an actor who portrayed a beloved character that meant the world to us... when they go, we feel it.

We shouldn't, probably. It's not rational. But we feel it. And I feel this one particularly acutely for whatever reason.

If Yu Suzuki passed away tomorrow, I imagine many here would feel similarly. Or maybe not. Maybe some here are such realists or objectivists that nothing phases them. I don't know. But this one hit me hard.

Anyway... just rambling.

Anonymous81 has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Thief
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Thief » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:21 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with mourning the death of a person. Many people can affect our lives in different ways, and a person's death is always a sad thing. Many people will scoff at the idea of mourning a celebrity, but celebrities are people too. I don't know, I just don't get whats so wrong about being upset that someone has died. It seems so cynical when people say things about not knowing her, or not even being a fan, or what have you. I wouldn't be ashamed that you feel something for a person who has died, it shows you have empathy.

Thief has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:46 am

Anonymous81 wrote: I didn't expect to be this upset about Carrie Fisher's death. It's not like I knew her. It's not like I'm mourning anyone that was present in my own, real life. And it's not like she was a saint or superhuman in her role-model-worthiness. I tell myself I'm mourning a character more than a person... but that's not quite entirely true.

What I'm mourning, are the bricks and mortar that built my childhood. People who epitomized youthfulness and vitality to me - in various fields, but especially the myriad creative arts - are checking out right and left. It is both a reminder of mortality (my own bearing down on me faster than any of us like to think about or concede,) and a sad further erosion of the symbols and landmarks of my "wonder years."

Yet another emphatic notice that some things and people are gone forever, and will never be coming back. It's easy to just say, "Well that's life." Or, "So what? People die every day. You don't cry about those poor unfortunates." Well, duh. (Though I do try to spare a thought for them whenever possible.) But there are billions of people on Earth, all of whom will live and die in their course, and it's not practical or possible to be aware of all of their births and passings.

Those we do become privy to though, naturally affect us more than those we're unaware of. And even if we don't know them, those who play important roles in our formative years... those into whom we invest empathetic and cathartic emotional weight whether it be a musician whose song we wore out a tape or record listening to repeatedly for years, or an actor who portrayed a beloved character that meant the world to us... when they go, we feel it.

We shouldn't, probably. It's not rational. But we feel it. And I feel this one particularly acutely for whatever reason.

If Yu Suzuki passed away tomorrow, I imagine many here would feel similarly. Or maybe not. Maybe some here are such realists or objectivists that nothing phases them. I don't know. But this one hit me hard.

Anyway... just rambling.

Well said!

Monkei has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:44 pm

Meh, if you "like" a celeb or actor/actress, then it's natural to feel sad about it.

Not quite the same (in fact not even close really), but when Rolf Harris was found guilty of his crimes, I was proper gutted, 'cos I always loved seeing him on TV when I was a young'in! Jimmy Savile wasn't too surprising, since he was always weird, but Rolf always seemed like a good guy...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby redline » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:53 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:....... Rolf always seemed like a good guy...

i was the same. i grew up watching Rolf, he seemed to be one of the "good" guys (he even met and painted the queen!) but with all the celeb pedo stuff made me realize, i shouldn't idolize any celebrities, just enjoy their work and nothing more.. but that having said, its quite hard as the lines between the person and character can become blurred.

redline has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic