Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby redline » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:20 pm

/\ oh, ive heard of that scam. sorry to hear they got you.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Someone managed to clone my card and bought £20 phone credit a few years back. Never did get that money back. Wanker.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:29 pm

ShenGCH wrote: Someone managed to clone my card and bought £20 phone credit a few years back. Never did get that money back. Wanker.

My prayers go out to you and your family.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:36 pm

My card got cloned also a while back, to the bank's credit they spotted something dodgy was going on pretty quickly and the card was closed after they phoned me. I also got the £9-odd that whoever cloned the card had done as "test" transactions to see if my details were legit. They then tried to make a bigger purchase, and the bank halted play at that point and declined the transaction and any others until they phoned me. Pretty great overwatch capability that they spotted this and stopped it all whilst I was blissfully unaware anything untoward was happening. Something like that if not noticed quick could be potentially devastating to folks.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:01 pm

redline wrote:
phpBB [video]

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, myshtuff
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:53 am

After really liking the initial teaser trailer for the upcoming Power Rangers movie (mainly for its atmosphere) I'm really kinda disappointed by everything that came after it. While I found the idea of making another Power Rangers movie laughable at first, the trailer had me thinking that done the right way, in times of Pacific Rim, Avengers and Ghost in the Shell, it could actually work. But man, those other trailers and clips.. ultra cringy lines of dialogue and super cheap looking CGI really make this look like utter rubbish. I predict this movie is gonna bomb hard - critically, financially, and rightfully so.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby redline » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:26 am

Monkei wrote: After really liking the initial teaser trailer for the upcoming Power Rangers movie (mainly for its atmosphere) I'm really kinda disappointed by everything that came after it. While I found the idea of making another Power Rangers movie laughable at first, the trailer had me thinking that done the right way, in times of Pacific Rim, Avengers and Ghost in the Shell, it could actually work. But man, those other trailers and clips.. ultra cringy lines of dialogue and super cheap looking CGI really make this look like utter rubbish. I predict this movie is gonna bomb hard - critically, financially, and rightfully so.

im 31 so i remember when the power rangers originally first hit the tv, it use to be shown in the morning, just before school.

there was a real campaign trying to get it banned..teachers/parents were pissed off because kids, like us at primary school were fighting like the "power rangers". :lol:

if i remember correctly, in the news, one kid died after a fight at school. :???:
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:27 am

Soccer joke image. NSFW

Football*
Last edited by MiTT3NZ on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:13 pm

south carmain wrote:
ShenGCH wrote: Someone managed to clone my card and bought £20 phone credit a few years back. Never did get that money back. Wanker.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Thanks, man. My father is still taking it pretty hard, but memes help to ease the pain.

ShenGCH has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, south carmain
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Monkei » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:00 pm

redline wrote:
Monkei wrote: After really liking the initial teaser trailer for the upcoming Power Rangers movie (mainly for its atmosphere) I'm really kinda disappointed by everything that came after it. While I found the idea of making another Power Rangers movie laughable at first, the trailer had me thinking that done the right way, in times of Pacific Rim, Avengers and Ghost in the Shell, it could actually work. But man, those other trailers and clips.. ultra cringy lines of dialogue and super cheap looking CGI really make this look like utter rubbish. I predict this movie is gonna bomb hard - critically, financially, and rightfully so.

im 31 so i remember when the power rangers originally first hit the tv, it use to be shown in the morning, just before school.

there was a real campaign trying to get it banned..teachers/parents were pissed off because kids, like us at primary school were fighting like the "power rangers". :lol:

if i remember correctly, in the news, one kid died after a fight at school. :???:

Yeah, I'm almost 31 now and remember the original Rangers well.. now that you mention it - there were lots of discussions about the show in Germany, too, there even was a specific case where some kids beat up some other kid pretty badly and Power Rangers somehow got blamed by the media. Crazy stuff. I also remember my mom or whoever it was reading a quote from some magazine to me. It was a small article about some other show similar to Power Rangers. The article (or opinion piece or whatever it was) said the effects of the other show looked much better and more real, while Power Rangers had really cheap costumes and everything, something like that. I vehemently argued against that. :lol: The article stated nothing but the truth of course, that became pretty clear in hindsight.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:45 am

That above posts remind me of Jack Thomson. Who else remembers that guy!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(activist)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:06 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: That above posts remind me of Jack Thomson. Who else remembers that guy!?

Ooohh, right, that guy. Such an idiotic asshole. :lol: I was happy to hear he wasn't getting far with his bullshit back then. Videogames got blamed for a lot of nonsense by a lot of ignorant wankers, and Thompson getting kinda told off for trying all kinds of crazy crap felt like a small victory and simply was a fair thing to happen.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:41 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: That above posts remind me of Jack Thomson. Who else remembers that guy!?

He tried to ban GTA3 and then went after cult classic Killer7:

August 5, 2005
Patricia Vance
President Entertainment Software Rating Board
317 Madison Avenue, 22nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
Fax: 212-759-2223
Re: Killer 7

Dear Ms. Vance:

I have just learned facts that indicate the above violent game most likely deserves an “AO” rating rather than the “M” rating which your ESRB has given it.

[…]

The following is found in a review of Killer 7 by Matt Casamassina at http://cube.ign.com/articles/630/630908p1.html which contains the following observations at this pro-violent game Internet site:

“…profanity, sex and bloodshed are commonplace… We can't stress it enough: kids should not play Killer 7. Not just because there's an M on the box, but because for once that M really means something. There's much more than blood and guts in the game. Everything from the design of puzzles to the subject matter is designed for older players and it's really that simple…. And there are cinematics that feature full-blown sex sequences…. Killer 7's adult themes, which encapsulate extremely violent, profane and sexual situations, as well as a wide range of issues from terrorism to the sale of children, make the M on the box really mean something.”

[…]

There is no question in my mind that a video game containing “full-blown sex sequences” cannot be rated anything other than “AO” rather than “M.” The reviewer above in fact says that this game’s “M” actually means something, and he says it twice for emphasis.

[...]

Well, the Killer 7 game underscores the fact that your organization and the industry it fronts for appear to try to get away with anything that is harmful to kids, whether already illegal or not.

What it also means is that if jurors in a criminal prosecution were asked whether Killer 7 contains “sexual material harmful to minors” in violation of statutory standards, then, based upon the above enthusiastic review at IGN.com, the answer to that question would probably be “yes.”

That answer would put the Entertainment Software Rating Board, in my opinion, in the middle of a criminal conspiracy to distribute sexual material harmful to minors in violation of criminal statutes.

[...]

Sincerely, Jack Thompson

Supposedly he got disbarred last I heard. lol.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Sonikku wrote:

Good one, but this needs sound, mylady. Gifs rarely are as funny as actual clips (IMO) where you can hear the stumbling and wall-crashing. :lol: I've seen this before anyway though.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic