Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby KiBa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Congratulations, Sonikku, and good luck!

KiBa has received a thanks from: Sonikku
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:03 am

So Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and possibly Shenmue III. And so many other great stuff I won't even begin to list. This year feels like the absolute peak so far, entertainment/nerdgasm-wise.

Monkei has received a thanks from: KiBa
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Check out this footage of President Nixon calling the moon with a landline rotary phone. If we land on Mars anytime soon I'd like to see President Trump make a similar phone call using his smartphone. Or perhaps he can send a tweet to one of the astronauts on Mars.

phpBB [video]

That Nixon phone call was far more believable in the 60's when it was broadcasted on televisions. Not so much now... :lol:
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:38 am

Monkei wrote: So Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and possibly Shenmue III. And so many other great stuff I won't even begin to list. This year feels like the absolute peak so far, entertainment/nerdgasm-wise.

Well, we're gonna be getting a new Star Wars movie every year til the end of time now that Disney has they hands on it, so I have a hard time getting hyped for that.
But hey, two out of three is good all the same. :P
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:10 am

OL wrote:
Monkei wrote: So Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and possibly Shenmue III. And so many other great stuff I won't even begin to list. This year feels like the absolute peak so far, entertainment/nerdgasm-wise.

Well, we're gonna be getting a new Star Wars movie every year til the end of time now that Disney has they hands on it, so I have a hard time getting hyped for that.
But hey, two out of three is good all the same. :P

Haha, true, but at least The Last Jedi and Episode IX still stand out as hypeworthy for me.

There's a cool theory about where they're going with this third trilogy by the way. It's all speculation and I won't go into much detail (nothing specific about characters or something like that), but I'll put it in spoiler tags, just in case.

There are videos on Youtube with people analyzing this and finding hints in the animated Star Wars show and elsewhere, I think. The main part of said theory is about the dark/light, black/white or sith/jedi conflict or aspect of the series. I'm also mixing my own thoughts into this.

I didn't really care too much about the specifics of the hints and what it all might mean exactly, but I find this interesting from a structural perspective. When you think about George Lucas saying Star Wars mirrors itself.. so far we have two completed trilogies, mirroring each other. I'll only pick the first movie of each one for now:

The Phantom Menace -> Anakin - Sith - Dark/Black
A New Hope -> Luke - Jedi - Light/White

So what about the third one?

The Force Awakens - Rey? - Neither sith nor jedi? - Balanced? Grey?
Menace is negative, hope positive.. awakening could be both, it's neutral. It could also be what happened during that final lightsaber duel - the Force awoke in Rey, that's how she was able to fight Kylo Ren off like that. And it might be a balanced version of it, the whole of the Force. Stronger than any "half"-version of it. Maybe even the extended fulfilment of the prophecy of the chosen one bringing balance. I think that's where the Skywalker story could be headed in the end. A new way of utilizing the force, embracing both of its sides, being grey instead of black or white.
Sure, there weren't any signs of Rey making use of any sith powers or something. But that whole black/white/grey, sith/jedi/balance, Anakin/Luke/Rey structure seems to make a lot of sense to me. Doing grey after black and white have been done just seems logical if you wanna maintain some form of mirroring.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:03 pm

120 work hours in 3 weeks, 65 of those hours being in one week. My South Florida trip has been fun, busy, and exhausting and tiring so far, but Miami was a crazy adventure these past 3 weeks but im glad my time here is over. On to Fort Lauderdale and this much smaller country music Festival before I go home, then Head to Texas at the end of April for Middle Lands Festival around Houston! If anyone here is around that area and wants to meet up, let me know!

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, KiBa
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:51 pm

shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Bambi » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:59 pm

I think everyone got caught up arguing with her and failed to notice that she's probably mentally ill to some degree. :|
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:51 pm

phpBB [video]

Interesting perspective of the google/youtube and ads stuff.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:04 pm

After looking at the FFXV movies, there's a lot of stuff to ponder...

China is now the beacon of the world, I don't know if I like it more or less than USA...

I feel afraid for our natural resources... WW3, Trump do it... kek wills it lol
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 am

phpBB [video]

Kiske has received a thanks from: Mr357
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:11 am

Hatsume Fair at Morikami Japanese Gardens in West Palm Beach Florida.

AnimeGamer183 has received 8 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Amir, Axm, Bambi, KiBa, Raithos, Rakim, Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:29 pm

How beautiful it is when the world loves instead of hates.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mr357 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:50 am

phpBB [video]
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonikku » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:11 pm