Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Sat May 20, 2017 11:59 am

Already tried it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 20, 2017 12:14 pm

shredingskin wrote: Does anyone have some tips, walkthrough, cheats or gamegenie for happiness?

Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.

I also have a little story.

An elderly Choctaw Native was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them. "A fight is going on inside me...it is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear,anger,envy,sorry,regret,greed,arrogance,self pity,resentment,inferiority,lies,false pride,superiority and ego. The other wolf stands for joy,love,hope,sharing,serenity,humility,kindness,benevolence,friendship,empathy,generosity,truth,compassion and faith.
This fight is going on inside you, and every other person too"
The children thought for a minute and one child asked his grandfather "which one will win?"
The old Choctawsimply replied..."The one you feed."
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shredingskin » Sat May 20, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm basically emotionless, that's the part of the problem.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sat May 20, 2017 1:16 pm

shredingskin wrote: I'm basically emotionless, that's the part of the problem.

You seem depressed, try exercising regularly and changing things in your life.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bambi » Sat May 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Honestly I think the problem is that we're brought up with this notion that we're entitled to be happy, we're not.

Even if we were it's such a difficult thing to quantify in the first place, if we used "having our needs met" as a jumping off point it throws up a huge spectrum of different answers due to the individual circumstances of our lives. I bet somewhere out there someone believes all they require is access to clean drinking water in order to be happy. I think it's important to maintain that kind of perspective or you'll spend forever longing for the next thing you think you want to make you happy.

Kind of unrelated but one thing I'm always amazed by is how emotionally we're relatively simple creatures and our capacity for reconciling all these complex feelings is basically the same as it was like 200,000 years ago when our biggest worry was getting mauled by sabre tooth tigers whilst we slept.* Looking at our live's now it's no wonder we have this existential anxiety.

*May not be historically accurate.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Sat May 20, 2017 2:03 pm

There's a big difference between not being happy and being depressed. But yeah, people need to learn how to see the glass as half full and all that.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Sat May 20, 2017 3:14 pm

south carmain wrote:
shredingskin wrote: I'm basically emotionless, that's the part of the problem.

You seem depressed, try exercising regularly and changing things in your life.

I do exercise almost daily, it used to help, mostly with confidence, now it kinda... feels like another routine.

I'm trying to change things, but even while initially things seem to make it brighter then it all feels the fucking same.

Tried SSRIs for like 8 months or so, and I don't think it made a difference (well, it made me stop drinking, but mostly to not mix stuff, a hard-stop if you will).

I've made quite a lot of changes, but I always end up feeling stuck nowhere.

I was quite worse from depression, and I can see a couple of changes, but I don't know, maybe I'm just feeling a little more sad than usual and that's why I'm ranting or whatever.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sat May 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Maybe what you really need is a change of environment?
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Sat May 20, 2017 3:39 pm

I live in a bought apartment, and my job is here, so I don't really know what a change of enviroment could realistically be.

I started doing a couple of courses to try something new, I'll probably start brasilian jujitsu in the next month or so.

I'll see if I can get my book of short stories published or something...

I know I shouldn't be this bitchy, but it's hard to change the fucking train of thought when it has being running like this for so long.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sat May 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Being depressed isn't a choice unfortunately, it's a real struggle to get out of. Well in the end only you will be able to know what would truly help you get out of it so you do you and good luck with it all.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Amihama0468
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:15 pm

I am finally back home From MiddleLands and Hang Out Fests for a little while, then my next stop for work is Las Vegas for EDC Fest. I may be in the best shape of my life now too, work is a work out and my body is reaping the benefits now. #maybeimnotalazyfuck
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Mr. Frozen » Mon May 22, 2017 10:35 pm

I decided to try out blue apron. Apparently they are like fuck all single people because the lowest priced meal plan is for people. Double the meals for me, I guess.

I'm hoping having food for a healthy-ish dinner will help me lose weight because I've been eating fatty shit like pizza and chinese food in the evening because I a lazy fuck who never goes to the grocery store. it could also end up being a waste of money, but whatever, it is what the hipsters are doing today.At least I got a discount and will also be getting a box filled with 6 different wines, so that is nice. The amount of wine I drink will probably offset any calories I save by eating these meals instead of a pizza, though.

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I am finally back home From MiddleLands and Hang Out Fests for a little while, then my next stop for work is Las Vegas for EDC Fest. I may be in the best shape of my life now too, work is a work out and my body is reaping the benefits now. #maybeimnotalazyfuck

I went to EDC in vegas a few years ago. It was pretty sweet. I spent a ridiculous amount of money on the trip (got two seperate rooms at the Palazzo hotel, and had VIP tickets... the VIP tickets were a waste of money), but it was an unforgettable experience. Even had Armin Van Buuren steal a girl that I was trying to sleep with. Wasn't even mad. I figure if a girl had to choose between Armin Van Buuren and me, I had it pretty good. That night I ended up taking a bunch of drugs and woke up to some dude giving me a massage in my hotel room. It was a pretty nice massage. I would like to go to another one in the future.

EDIT: Was EDC. Not TomorrowWorld. Confused it because it was a time of my life where I went to a shit ton of edm music festivals.
Last edited by Mr. Frozen on Mon May 22, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Some tips if you really wanna lose weight:

- If you are fat (and not just trying to lose a couple of kg), think of it as a lifestyle change, not a diet.
- Alcohol will fuck up your metabolism (and also increase your appetite).
- Don't starve yourself, you'll be thinking you're losing weight for like 2 weeks while your body is figuring it out (mostly by losing water), you'll lack energy, and then your body will start to store all the fat it can.
- You'll need to exercise.

It sucks when some people do a lot work, but for some stupid mistakes they end up the same or worst than how they started.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Mon May 22, 2017 11:03 pm

shredingskin wrote: Some tips if you really wanna lose weight:

- If you are fat (and not just trying to lose a couple of kg), think of it as a lifestyle change, not a diet.
- Alcohol will fuck up your metabolism (and also increase your appetite).
- Don't starve yourself, you'll be thinking you're losing weight for like 2 weeks while your body is figuring it out (mostly by losing water), you'll lack energy, and then your body will start to store all the fat it can.
- You'll need to exercise.

It sucks when some people do a lot work, but for some stupid mistakes they end up the same or worst than how they started.

This is a very good list and I would also like to add get addicted to Meth or Crack (or both, your choice) I've yet to see a fat one of them.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Mon May 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Add to the list heroin.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist