Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby shredingskin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:09 am

Why is that in anime the antagonist (or in most cases rival/friend) tends to be cooler than the main protagonist, while in western media tends to be the contrary ?

Since I saw that shit about the silver ratio I'm picking off a strange vibe in eastern aesthetics that really makes me wonder the arquetypal nature of it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shredingskin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:09 am

Why is that in anime the antagonist (or in most cases rival/friend) tends to be cooler than the main protagonist, while in western media tends to be the contrary ?

Since I saw that shit about the silver ratio I'm picking off a strange vibe in eastern aesthetics that really makes me wonder the arquetypal nature of it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:07 am

The protagonists are always kids. Kids are always bullied by someone cooler than them. Simple.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonikku » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:07 pm

When it comes to anime, parents are always the problem and children are always the solution. Usually in the form of piloting some gigantic robot. And often times they go to school, but they always get the seat by the window so they can look out and day dream over the sound of crickets. No exceptions.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 am

phpBB [video]

Love the fucking visual design, hope their game/s blow me the fuck out.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:30 am

Sonikku wrote: And often times they go to school, but they always get the seat by the window so they can look out and day dream over the sound of crickets.

Cicadas, bruh.
Cicadas.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sokora » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:46 am

It's quite surprising just how dead this forum is outside of the Shenmue III forum. The whole time we were waiting for SIII,
GD was the most active and now SIII is a reality everyone has fucked off.

Sokora has received a thanks from: Sonne2
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby south carmain » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:20 am

Sokora wrote: It's quite surprising just how dead this forum is outside of the Shenmue III forum. The whole time we were waiting for SIII,

It's because rhe off-topic forums were gutted to make the site more ahenmue orientated not long before the announcement. That and a lot of regulars that were the main contributors to the off-topic forums post less frequently for a variety of reasons.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Axm » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:19 am

Ya alot of us have just grown up/out of posting nonsense here. We have other social media platforms for that. Thankfully Shenmue 3 is a reality or else this place would really be dead.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Cyberman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:49 pm

With Halloween just around the corner. I decided to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2n1d6bfujE
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Sokora wrote: It's quite surprising just how dead this forum is outside of the Shenmue III forum. The whole time we were waiting for SIII,

For me it’s 2 things:
1. I don’t like the random thoughts or random gaming thoughts topics. I think after they were created people stopped making topics and just posted in them and if you missed the conversation it was too late to jump in.

2. The Shenmue III announcement brought a slew of people who don’t stick around and just want to talk about Shenmue. Before Shenmue III we had a strong 20 or so regulars that got along and knew each other’s likes and dislikes. If someone recommended me a game I took the suggestion seriously as I knew they knew what I was into. Even the general topics were normally a laugh from anything to people talking about their life, funny news stories or serious debates.

We even put rules in topics like the gaming music thread that no Shenmue music could be shared because we knew everyone liked it and we didn’t need to just talk about Shenmue. After 10 years of no Shenmue news most of the regulars were bored of talking about it, I’m still bored of talking about Shenmue and I’m just waiting for Shenmue III which I’m really excited about but have no interest disecting every screenshot. I imagine most of the old regulars feel the same as I don’t see many in the Shenmue forums and although they all at least liked Shenmue to most it wasn’t the best thing ever.

I’ve thought about trying to inject life into the forums and just posting tons of topics to try and get conversation flowing again. The thing that put me off was that I didn’t know most of the names posting anymore, I used to know every name that posted here and their personality. I don’t really have much interest in talking to a bunch of people who don’t hang around like 95% of those who posted in the introduce yourself topic. I’d take 20 people who come onto a forum to bullshit, have a laugh and discuss their hobby over 50 that have an interest in one topic. This forum has always been a Shenmue forum in name but the 10 odd years I was posting here it was more a general gaming forum with down to earth people.

Riku Rose has received 4 thanks from: Henry Spencer, MiTT3NZ, OL, Raithos
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Coromasta » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:17 am

Currently selling some unwanted games to fund a laptop capable of running current games, hoping that combined with birthday money gets a long way. Wanted a desktop at first but my gameroom is pretty crowded already, it's a bit of a higher price check but saves a lot of clutter with cables.

After that looking for some flight sim components as I'm fascinated by ww2 air combat lately.
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby shredingskin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:31 pm

So everyone in neogaf is in favor of pedophiles and sexual assault ?

Really makes you think.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:03 am

A lot of new music in heavy metal seems to be very hindu inspired, just noticed the trend.

Pretty cool stuff, the management they have of rythmic phrases is a very different approach.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:47 pm

One of the LEDs in my monitor may have given out. :sad:

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext