Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby south carmain » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:01 pm

south carmain has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, OL, Rakim, St. Elmo's Fire
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bambi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 am

phpBB [video]

Bambi has received a thanks from: Axm
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:08 am

I really need to stop reading comments online, apart from this place and a few other forums where the people are mostly capable of their own free thoughts and mob-mentality isn't in action too often. I've told myself this countless times, yet I just CANNOT help scrolling *that* far down the page. I KNOW that there is gonna be ignorance/self righteousness that annoys me within a second of glancing, so it's like I only do it to wind myself up in a way....

[/first world problems]

EDIT: Add my FB to that. "Get better friends" seems to be the default answer, since any social media experience IS a direct result of the people you mix it up with on there. But all the people on my FB are "real" people I actually know and get on with well...it still annoys the piss out of me when they keep posting those stories that are probably lies (i.e., the one about Sainsbury's staff throwing a disabled person out of the cafe. A huge public facing corporation like Sainsbury's will be careful with their image so the staff will be under no illusion that anything like that could be gotten away with, so I marked that one as a lie straight away) or the annoying pics (like the one where there is a pic of Maralyn Monroe and the quote below it "“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”. Which I'm pretty sure she didn't actually say. I'm kinda glad she didn't say it, because it's an absolutely hideous way for someone to think. It basically says that the woman who has posted it thinks it's OK to be all the negatives in the quote, but if you have the temerity to complain about it (i.e. you refuse to "handle it"), then you deserve the same repeatedly.)

I actually did remove two women for posting that pic, but I knew they were a pair of fucking idiots beforehand anyway, so this was just the straw that broke the camel's back really...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Bambi
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 pm

I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”

:lol: I robbed your grandmum at gunpoint last week, I beat my wife, and have just a touch of psychosis and kleptomania. But if you can't handle me at my worst, your sure as hell don't deserve me at my best, bitch.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Yes!! :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Even if Marilyn Monroe did say that I'm not sure people should take advice from a woman who was divorced 3 times (Well before divorce was common) and died at 36 because of her drug addiction.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Speaking of drugs, did a shit load of MDMA in London last night, and still feeling the effects a day later. Wish my appetite would come back ffs. Thats me finished with that :???:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby beedle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:14 pm

yes I agree, death to that obnoxious marilyn monroe line.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bambi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Rakim » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:13 am

I love this one

and the sequel:

Rakim has received a thanks from: Axm
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bambi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:09 am

Just reading through various topics, I love this place but some of you have borderline autism. :sad:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:43 am

C'mon man, you can't drop a post like that without naming EDIT: did originally say shaming, but it's nothing to be ashamed of, I myself was even told I was on the "spectrum". You can't deal with a learning disability until you know you have it.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:56 pm

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I fit that category, that post with the online comments and FB rant just a few posts back does show a lack of reasoning.

I wish I could do sums in my head like some of them can, also.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:12 pm

mue 26 wrote: C'mon man, you can't drop a post like that without naming.

Not a chance.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: To be fair, I'm pretty sure I fit that category, that post with the online comments and FB rant just a few posts back does show a lack of reasoning.

I wish I could do sums in my head like some of them can, also.

Totally agree with what you said about FB.

I added one mate from work, as a result 20 or so others from work added me, now my news feed is littered with "share this" and "like if you think" shite.

This literally just popped up on my news feed. Jesus Christ. The source will of course be a Daily Mail story with the usual ambiguity when it comes to the details. Will I say anything and start offending people? No.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Bambi wrote: Just reading through various topics, I love this place but some of you have borderline autism. :sad:

C'mon, give us the first letter of one of the names to tease us. :P
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic