New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:55 pm

south carmain wrote:
Truck_1_0_1_ wrote: Afternoon! Like many have written, I was waiting for a 'mue III announcement before signing up and here I am!

Have been lurking here since late '06, when Alimn started his efforts to get the 'mue III ball rolling (what's happened to him, btw?). I am a massive and I mean MASSIVE fan of the series and I've always said that if I had won the lottery here in Canada, I'd definitely call up Yu Suzuki and donate a couple of million to the cause (we can all dream). Now, I won't have to hope for either! :D

Just a couple of images of me with my Shenmue-loving bits :D:

That's my leg tattoo and the biggest thing on it (don't have a good shot of it) is Ryo on top of the Phoenix Mirror; he looks MUCH better now, 2+ years later, touched up and the like, but haven't taken a shot it him in a while.

That was my birthday cake from last year; the Phoenix Mirror is easily my #1 favourite symbol/item in any videogame ever and yes, the colours are a bit off, but its hard to make fondant look EXACTLY like the green in the mirror.

Shenmue for me, like many here, transcends life in some ways; its not my favourite game ever (II is my third favourite, after Total Annihilation and Final Fight CD), but I do deem 'mue II to be the greatest achievement in gaming history, when it was released. Still think its the best game ever.

Anyways, looking forward to FINALLY interacting with you all and one question; where is the button to donate to the dojo? :oops: Thank you!

This is just a wild guess but are you by any chance a sega fan?

What gave it away? ;)
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:00 pm

The cake reminded me of Sonic & knuckles.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Raithos
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Interesting. May I ask how? :)
Truck_1_0_1_

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:22 pm

It has red and blue in it and the hedgehog in it is in a ball ready to go fast.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:33 pm

south carmain wrote: It has red and blue in it and the hedgehog in it is in a ball ready to go fast.

:rotflmao:
Truck_1_0_1_

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:56 pm

I don't see no Billy Hatcher tattoo!
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I don't see no Billy Hatcher tattoo!

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of Billy Hatcher :oops:
I'll admit though, I DID want to get a SoA or JSR thing somewhere there, but between Shenmue, Yakuza and Alien ront Online, Ithought the DC (and after) were well represented.
Last edited by Truck_1_0_1_ on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truck_1_0_1_

Postby punkmanced » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote: Hello every one!

I'm from Germany and have been a die hard Shenmue Fan since early 2002, when I first played S1 and S2 on DC.

I have a lot of respect and feel deep gratitude towards the Dojo communitiy and what it has done for Shenmue. Especially people like LanDC, Hellraiser, Kiyuu and many more.

In my real life I have already travelled Guilin and Hong Kong because I wanted to see the real places where Shenmue is set. I've even been to the Man Mo Temple which looks almost exactly the way it looks in S2, at least inside the temple. The coutyard is not like in Shenmue however and if my memory serves me right, the real temple is on Hollywood Road, which is actually Kowloon, not Wan Chai. I'm planning to go to Yokosuka before S3 comes out, if I have the money.

So anyways, I'm glad our dream will come true. Have a great day!

Hyo Razuki

Dude, that story is freaking awesome!
Also...that's actually a pretty cool username.

punkmanced has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jacko » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Hello everyone! It's nice to officially be apart of the Shenmue community. Always been a lurker for this site, but I am a huge fan of Suzuki-san's work, especially the VF series. SEGA's always been part of my life and I always love and support anything from them, by them, or even inspired by them (if it's good).

Looking forward to re-playing through the series, discussing with you all, and definitely am looking forward to SHENMUE III! \:D/

Jacko has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Yama
Jacko
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: DJ_Clarknova
XBL: JackoRCB
Currently playing: Sakura Taisen 3

Postby Yama » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Jacko wrote: Hello everyone! It's nice to officially be apart of the Shenmue community. Always been a lurker for this site, but I am a huge fan of Suzuki-san's work, especially the VF series. SEGA's always been part of my life and I always love and support anything from them, by them, or even inspired by them (if it's good).

Looking forward to re-playing through the series, discussing with you all, and definitely am looking forward to SHENMUE III! \:D/

You should definitely make a thread showing off your Shenmue character creations in VF5FS.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Hey Jacko good to see you here man. Welcome! Please do show off what you got.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby GT-Racer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:10 am

Hello everybody!

I am GT-Racer, a fan of Shenmue from India. My first experience of the series was in 1999 when I got a DC and Shen I as a gift from my relatives in the US. And from that point, I was hooked on to the series.

Other than gaming, I am a huge fan of RC cars. Love tinkering and drifting with them.

I have a little experience with PC modding. I have written a few CLEO scripts for Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas.
GT-Racer
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Project CARS

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:13 am

Welcome gt-racer. Make sure to check out our community projects forum if you like modding.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby iqdatruth » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Hey guys hows it going? I used to frequent the Shenmue Dojo boards years ago (after the NA DC Shenmue release) but I forgot the password I used back then so I decide to create a whole new account. Some of you may have seen my name on the Shenmue Dojo 70 Man Battle Competition winners list (I ranking 8th place). I'm so glad to see all that Shenmue hashtagging on twitter paid off and we're finally going to get a Shenmue 3!
iqdatruth
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Steam: Drummatik24
Currently playing: Phantasy Star Online 2

Postby Azuardo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Hey, guys. I'm another part of the influx of new members since the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter opened, you'll be glad to hear :p I've been looking for a new forum to hang out at now and then, and what better than a Shenmue forum, which looks to be a pretty active place. I'm saddened by the lack of activity in traditional forums these days, since the boom of social media, so it's nice to see a place still going strong - and possibly stronger than ever, now that Shenmue 3 is happening!

Anyway, I've been with the series since the beginning, and am currently on a bajillionth re-run through the games again on my Dreamcast (currently at the beginning of Shenmue 2). Fave game series include Final Fantasy, Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect and Dead or Alive (on top of Shenmue, obvs :p).

Oh, and me mate Marzy is a member here, so... Hi, matey.
Last edited by Azuardo on Fri May 04, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azuardo

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic