New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby Locke_cole » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Welcome all
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Marzy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Azuardo wrote: Hey, guys. I'm another part of the influx of new members since the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter opened, you'll be glad to hear :p I've been looking for a new forum to hang out at now and then, and what better than a Shenmue forum, which looks to be a pretty active place. I'm saddened by the lack of activity in traditional forums these days, since the boom of social media, so it's nice to see a place still going strong - and possibly stronger than ever, now that Shenmue 3 is happening!

Anyway, I've been with the series since the beginning, and am currently on a bajillionth re-run through the games again on my Dreamcast (currently at the beginning of Shenmue 2). I'm from Wales, write and edit game reviews in my spare time for Cubed3, and love to watch and play sports (particularly football/soccer and tennis). Fave game series include Final Fantasy, Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect and Dead or Alive (on top of Shenmue, obvs :p).

Oh, and me mate Marzy is a member here, so... Hi, matey.

Hey! *waves*

Good to see you on the forums! :D
Marzy
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Grow Home

Postby KiBa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Welcome all! Pull up a chair, and drink at least four cups of tea.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Clockwork » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Hey guys I've been a lurker on here for many a years. But figured that I'd join and say hi.
Clockwork
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yama » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Clockwork wrote: Hey guys I've been a lurker on here for many a years. But figured that I'd join and say hi.

You're not Clockwork that MvC2 player, are you? :lol:
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Dream Project » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Ealynn wrote: Hello everyone!

I'm a 32 year old comic artist and animator from the Netherlands. Still a proud sega fangirl, Sonic fan and my favorite games have been Shenmue l & ll, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Nights into dreams, Shining Force ll & lll, Burning rangers and of course Sonic Adventure l & ll (hope I'm not forgetting any). Through the years I've kept my eye on this site and on shenmue news in general and the last couple of days I spend checking the kickstarter and the kicktraq of it every couple of minutes and rewatching the game trailers reaction vid (and other reaction vids). I still tear up whenever I see it :heart: So very excited for the shenmue future! I'll be listening to the Shenmue ost again now!

In october we'll be going to Japan on holiday, would be awesome to see if we can include some actual Shenmue locations to the trip!

It's a pleasant to meet you as well as I am new here as well but younger (Also in college taking Game Design hoping to make games with great story and gameplay like Shenmue is in the future, of course focusing on gameplay 1st before story..) and owned both Nintendo and Sega consoles during back in the console wars between Nintendo and Sega... My favorite would be the Dreamcast that came with Sonic Adventure and proud to say I got Shenmue for $60 back then thanks to my loving parents for getting me one of the best games I ever played! :mrgreen:

Also wish I was damn rich now so I can give more to kickstarter for Shenmue 3!
Dream Project
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: Dream Project
Steam: Dream Project
Currently playing: Tomb Raider

Postby Stobbart15 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:12 am

Hi guys. Long time lurker since about 2004, used to have an account here but can't for the life of me remember what it was. Been checking for news on a weekly basis for Shenmue! Still can't believe it has actually been announced.

have donated to the kickstarter and am considering upping my pledge before the end.
Stobbart15
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Axm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:15 am

Hello everyone and welcome to the Dojo. :)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Okayu72 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello. I had heard that Shenmue was a great game in the past, but I heard it ended on cliffhanger so I didn't really investigate further. However now that the new game is being made I wanted to play the original 2 games. I still have my dreamcast from back then so I'd just need to be able to get a copy of the games. I figured this forum seemed like the best place to go to learn more about the series and the community.
Okayu72
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Nintendo FC: Oddish72

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Welcome. You are in the right place for that, please if you get stuck post and we will be happy to help. Hope you enjoy the Shenmue games and enjoy your time at the Dojo.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Nicolaoua » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:52 am

Hi there,

I'm Nicolaoua, from France. I've played Shenmue I & II on Dreamcast a long time ago and i've dreamed of a third episode for so long. So here i am, ready to exchange a few ideas with you, in order to make Shenmue 3 a reality.
Nicolaoua

Currently playing: Plants vs Zombies

Postby kanso » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:13 am

Hi! I'm kanso from U.S. I've been a long time Shenmue fan. Shenmue II was my first open world game (I had it on Xbox since my Dreamcast had issues reading discs and I couldn't import the Dreamcast release). Shenmue II was the first game to introduce me to some Chinese martial arts, cultures, and mythologies. So it is a very special game for me.

I have known about ShenmueDojo since 2004-2005 (when I kept searching for news of a sequel to Shenmue II). I lurked on here for awhile before making an account. Then I stopped visiting the site as I got busier with school and a few other things. Since Shenmue III seemed like a near impossbility, I stopped searching on the web for anything Shenmue-related, and then forgot about my old account credentials (if they still or ever existed). So now since the announcement of Shenmue III, I went ahead and created this one to communicate with fellow Shenmue fans.
kanso

Currently playing: Destiny

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:19 am

:mrgreen:
new to these 'boards', but not new to....withnailed!
i get around, the username you see, is the same wherever.
absolutely sockpuppet free, and upfront.
straight speaker, inspiration by christopher hitchens.
about...shenmue.
no point stating the obvious, what already got said, or to overstate it.
great games, but i gave up on a third, and since it's jumped a stupid level of generations of tech, pass! (too rich for my guts)
hahahahahaha!
i have a limited edition dreamcast (black/translucent blue) but i would HAPPILY, without a shed of tears, or a thought, trade it for a commodore cd32 with the SX-32 attached. :heart: (or an ATI/ppc mcu68000/60 w/fpu 128m expansion card for the amiga1200? that works. :king: )
been listening to this gem.
Barcelona - high contrast remix [D.Kay & Epsilon]
phpBB [video]

see you around girls! :rotflmao:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Axm » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:32 am

Welcome amiga!..Your posting style is freaking crazy but I like it for some reason lol.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:36 pm

;-) appreciate the honest, and warm welcome, thanks! :-"
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives