New Members Introduce Yourself!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Postby Mr. Rod » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:10 pm

this is a test

Mr. Rod has received a thanks from: ys
Mr. Rod
Mr. Fishing Rod
Shenmue Dojo Coder

PSN: Mister_RROD
XBL: Mister RROD
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MG4M3R » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm MG4M3R. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to play a game in the Shenmue series.

At the time, my parents wanted me to wait the Dreamcast gain a larger library of games, but the console died before that...
So I jumped from the Sega Saturn to the Game Cube, since many Dreamcast games such as Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Adventure 2 were being ported to the platform.

Now with the announcement of Shenmue 3, I hope Sega will relaunch the original games on current platforms.
I just can't believe this is finally happening :rotflmao:

Being a longtime Sega fan, since the Master System days, I'm passionate about everything Sega, especially the games produced by AM2, Sonic Team and Ancient.

It will be a real pleasure to explore this missing link in the history of the company. :mrgreen:

Thank you for having me. :-o

PS:I'm sorry for my rusty English.
My native language is Portuguese, it's been a long time since I've written anything in English.

MG4M3R has received 2 thanks from: Sonne2, Yokosuka
MG4M3R
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Burning Rangers

Postby VukBZ2005 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello everybody!

I am VukBZ2005. I have been a fan of the Shenmue series since 1997, when I first heard of the game being in development in Japan. Indeed, my first days on the internet, in addition to pursuing my other interests, were spent following Shenmue's development from Japan. After release, I managed to get a hold of the first part and, after playing it on the DC, felt that it was absolutely everything it said was going to be.

Not too long after the release of the second part (Shenmue II) I became swiftly interested in the release of the third part. As we all know, Sega went bankrupt and stopped producing video game consoles. However, there still seemed to be hope that the team behind the first two parts of Shenmue was going to release the third within reasonable time. Unfortunately, that never happened and drove me away from being as supportive of the series as I had been up until then.

Now that the third part is FINALLY in production (and I honestly thank all of those in the community who kept up the pressure while others like me lost almost all hope, you've shown me that anything's possible!) I felt it was time to re-join the community and assist in propagating info relating to fundraising and Shenmue in general.

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

VukBZ2005 has received 2 thanks from: Sonne2, ys
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby Verisimilitude » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:12 am

Hello everyone!

I look forward to joining the community here finally.

I still have my copy of Shenmue on Dreamcast and absolutely adore the game, having replayed it quite a few times like everyone else. It was a sad day when the Dreamcast was phased out as was the promise of more Shenmue.

However, now it is finally happening and Shenmue III is on its way! It just goes to show the power of the fan base and a never die attitude and this site has been a beacon during the wilderness years.

Verisimilitude has received 2 thanks from: Sonne2, VukBZ2005
Verisimilitude
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: CV: Order of Ecclesia

Postby Flamzeron » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:03 am

Howdy! I'm Flamzeron. I'm new here. I got into Shenmue a good 9 months ago when I got a Dreamcast back in June at a used stuff store. To be honest, it was the announcement of Shenmue III that got my interested. I had heard about the series before but I never played it at the time. During the summer of 2015 was when I started looking up more videos about the games and ultimately decided to buy the first one off of eBay. Played it, loved it, bought the second one off of a guy on Facebook (don't worry, it was in good condition lol) and loved it as well. I love the story and the martial arts elements to it. I can't wait for Shenmue III, especially with that ending from Shenmue II!

My favorite video game series is the Tales series, to which I almost have a complete collection of (at least a version of each game, only missing two). Besides Tales, my favorite franchise is Dragon Ball. I also like Ys, EverQuest, Soulcalibur, Dark Souls (Demon's and Bloodborne included), Dynasty Warriors, Warcraft, Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat, Minecraft, The Elder Scrolls, and Star Ocean to name a few. I collect both retro and modern games and I've been working on my personal wishlist and trying to narrow it down to the absolute must haves. As a gamer, I'm mainly interested in A-RPGs but I also like platformers, fighters, adventure, puzzle, and action games.

I also collect other stuff, like anime, comics/manga, and action figures, but I also collect T-shirts and I used to collect swords back in the day. I just collect whatever interests me.

My passion is writing. I hope to be a novelist one day and I have been working on a samurai novel whenever I get the chance. I've written some short stories and poetry as well as a couple other novels, but I haven't gotten anything published yet. Maybe one day.

That basically wraps it up. Other than those tidbits, I used to do voice acting, but I retired due to a lack of creative drive. I also run a podcast and do videos on YouTube for funsies. I look forward to all the fun stuff we will will do and talk about about I hope we can all be buddies! :)

Flamzeron
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Flamzeron
XBL: Flamzeron
Steam: Flamzeron
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Nice intro, and your list of favourites looks like you should find stuff to talk about here since those games have a lot of fans here.

Unless you're Brosauce! ;-)

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Raithos
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby punkmanced » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:06 am

Flamzeron wrote: Howdy! I'm Flamzeron. I'm new here. I got into Shenmue a good 9 months ago when I got a Dreamcast back in June at a used stuff store. To be honest, it was the announcement of Shenmue III that got my interested. I had heard about the series before but I never played it at the time. During the summer of 2015 was when I started looking up more videos about the games and ultimately decided to buy the first one off of eBay. Played it, loved it, bought the second one off of a guy on Facebook (don't worry, it was in good condition lol) and loved it as well. I love the story and the martial arts elements to it. I can't wait for Shenmue III, especially with that ending from Shenmue II!

Pretty important testimony when you think about; here's hoping that the E3 announcement inspired many others who weren't long-term fans already. Welcome!
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby theseabass » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 am

Heyo! I'm theseabass, and I should have made this post a couple months back when I joined, but whatever. I'm still relatively new.

Shenmue. I had a Dreamcast as a kid, but never had a chance to play it because, A, we only really had Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 for the system (that I can rememeber at least), and my father sold our Dreamcast along with a few other systems around 2002-2003ish. The first time I remember learning about Shenmue was around 05 or 06 when I went over to one of my cousins house and saw them playing Shenmue IIx. I remember being pretty interested, but since I didn't have an Xbox at the time I sort of forgot about it for a while. Flash forward to late 2010 or early 2011 I got nostalgic and started researching all the systems I had as a kid and all the best games for them, and inevitably I found Shenmue. I was pretty interested, but after realizing that it did not have a finished story I decided to wait to play it, even after I got myself another Dreamcast. I kept my eye out for a Shenmue 3 announcement ever since, because people who really like the Dreamcast made it out as one of the best things ever. When Shenmue 3 was announced I figured it was a good time to finally play them, so I got both 1 and 2 (2 on Xbox). I can't say I'm disappointed, because after playing these games they either are my 2nd place favorite games of all time, or tie for 1st with Majora's Mask. I haven't decided which yet. I find it interesting that my favorite games are ones that focus on living breathing worlds, albeit they take different approaches to that concept. Anyways, that's my Shenmue ramble.

One thing that's was a struggle when I joined this forum is finding a profile avatar that isn't already in use that's still related to Shenmue lol. For example, I really like Shenhua as a character, but every other avatar seems to be one of her, so I can't make myself choose her. I think the one I have currently, "Ailian He" the palm reader from Shenmue 2, is a good fit for me, because her character is funny in how weird she is. Hopefully I'm not stealing somebody else's avatar when I choose her. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

There you go, that's my "short" introduction.

theseabass has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Yokosuka
theseabass
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue 2X

Postby Raithos » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Wow thanks. I had to change my avatar now!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sean9014 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Hello all. Longtime shenmue fan here from UK!
Sean9014
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: SubSkrilla
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby theseabass » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Raithos wrote: Wow thanks. I had to change my avatar now!

Sorry about that! :cry: #-o
theseabass
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue 2X

Hi

Postby RenDur89 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:30 am

This is my first time posting here, but I've been a Shenmue fan since the very beginning of it being the only game I wanted for Christmas as a child. It was the first game ever owned. My father and me bonded over it and he helped me with rough spots beating Yuan and the goons. He bought the UK one for me and a converter to play it on DreamCast. I've read the forum for years but never posted. I'm so very happy Shenmue 3 is happening. :D I even got my cousin into Shenmue II, but it wasn't the same on his Xbox. Definitely saving up thr money for the game and to be in the credits, will honor my father's memory :heart: .

RenDur89 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
RenDur89
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Pokemon and Fable 3

Re: Hi

Postby Mr357 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Nice story. Welcome to the dojo!

Mr357 has received a thanks from: RenDur89
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Hi

Postby RenDur89 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Thank you very much.
RenDur89

Postby RenDur89 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:13 pm

I posted this in the off topic section. I've been a Shenmue fan since the very beginning of it being the only game I wanted for Christmas as a child. It was the first game ever owned. My father and me bonded over it and he helped me with rough spots beating Yuan and the goons. He bought the UK one for me and a converter to play it on DreamCast. I've read the forum for years but never posted. I'm so very happy Shenmue 3 is happening :) .  I even got my cousin into Shenmue II, but it wasn't the same on his Xbox. Definitely saving up the money for the game and to be in the credits, will honor my father's memory :heart:.
RenDur89

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic