Major League Baseball

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Major League Baseball

Postby Yama » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 pm

The 2013 season is underway and is already an exciting one.

Incredible opener for Kershaw and the Dodgers, the 8 2/3 no-no by Yu Darvish and my seemingly soon to be 2-0 Mets. Better enjoy it while it lasts. Let's not forget the projected Yankee downfall, but I won't hold my breath.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Major League Baseball

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:11 am

Thanks for making this thread.

Justin Upton is such a fucking beast. Thanks Towers.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Yama » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Mets 4-2, Yankees 2-4. Bizarro Land is a pretty cool place, I'd like to stay here.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Axm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Nice thread!
So ya my Marlins aint looking amazing with a 1-5 record but yesturdays performace by cuban pitcher Fernandez was on fire. Juan Pierre looks good so far and if Stanton can be consistent then we could actually have a decent entertaining year. Heres hoping to growth and actually keeping any good players we develop.

Going to the Dodgers v Padres game tomorrow with some buddys. Should be fun. I swear im on the verge of giving into being a Dodger fan. Not like I cant have the option of changing sides givin the Padres are just so hard to be fans of. I like all the players on the Dodgers especially Adrian Gonzalez who was our best Padre a few years back.

But ill always be a Marlins fan. Grew up with them when I lived in Miami when they went to WS in '97 and '03. Its a shame they have fire sales so often but I hope they change that. Keeping the team hispanic is what I want the most.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Axm wrote: Nice thread!
So ya my Marlins aint looking amazing with a 1-5 record but yesturdays performace by cuban pitcher Fernandez was on fire. Juan Pierre looks good so far and if Stanton can be consistent then we could actually have a decent entertaining year. Heres hoping to growth and actually keeping any good players we develop.

Going to the Dodgers v Padres game tomorrow with some buddys. Should be fun. I swear im on the verge of giving into being a Dodger fan. Not like I cant have the option of changing sides givin the Padres are just so hard to be fans of. I like all the players on the Dodgers especially Adrian Gonzalez who was our best Padre a few years back.

But ill always be a Marlins fan. Grew up with them when I lived in Miami when they went to WS in '97 and '03. Its a shame they have fire sales so often but I hope they change that. Keeping the team hispanic is what I want the most.

Fernandez definitely looked good and I've always been a fan of Pierre. Team is definitely rebuilding, which the organization is ridiculously good at. Let's just hope they keep their build this time. They finally spent the money and had all good intentions last year and got burned.

As for the Dodgers, I think I know what you mean. Root against the home team. Just cause you live there doesn't mean you have to be a fan of the Padres. I've never liked their organization to be honest, about the only thing I do like is Petco. I don't think you were being serious about actually becoming a fan of a different organization, but I know what you mean. I was in a similar state back a few years. I loved the Red Sox in 02-04, but there is a difference between rooting for a team and being an actual born and raised fan. I'll always cherish that team and what they did to the MFY's, but I still know where my loyalties are.

I was born and raised a Mets fan and Brooklyn Dodgers historian. Nothing I cherish more than baseball with my gramps. From the memorabilia, videos, newspaper clipping and most of all stories, I really cherish that team of yesteryear. With that we're still big Dodgers fans, but love the Mets more than anything as they were there when the Dodgers left Brooklyn fans in the cold. The thing is, I haven't seen either of the teams win it all, ever. It hurts, but I know it'll feel so good when it finally happens. If and when the Mets finally do it, forget it. I'll cry tears of joy, no exaggeration. 2000 and 2006 still haunt me and I'm serious when I say a single championship to cherish would last me a life time. Granted the Marlins were an expansion team at the time and didn't have the history, but being a legitimate fan and witnessing two championships is extraordinarily lucky. I envy you in that regard. But trust me, just one will make up for all of that and a ton more.

Yama has received a thanks from: Axm
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Axm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:22 pm

I wish all the luck to the Mets for you if they win the NL east. Too bad about Santana though :(

And speaking of Brooklyn Dodgers, 42 comes out in just 4 more days! Cant wait for it. Gonna run to see it right after work on Friday.

As for the Marlins, they play Atlanta today and its the Game of the Day on the MLB app so ill be watching that soon enough. :) Hope they can save face and pull out a win for me.

Axm has received a thanks from: Yama
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm

I saw the most interesting stat last night.

Most strikeouts through 12 starts:

Pedro Martinez - 104
Dwight Gooden - 93
Matt Harvey - 89
Nolan Ryan - 88

Talk about great company. He's going to be a stud.

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Mets fan? Lulz

Too bad Ultimate K Prime isn't around anymore. He was a Mets fan too. We had some fun ribbings with each other.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yama » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:34 pm

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Mets fan? Lulz

Too bad Ultimate K Prime isn't around anymore. He was a Mets fan too. We had some fun ribbings with each other.

Braves fan I take it?
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Axm » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 pm

So yesturday was a fun game. Big turn out opening day for a 1-6 team going in. But it was a great game. Yonder Alonso did a good job.

As for the 1-7 marlins.. Jeez. Our pitching is actually on point with 2.56 era 3rd in the NL, 4th in MLB. But the bats just arent swinging. Hopefully this doesnt continue but eh im still looking forward to seeing alot of the players develop on the team and for it to be a decent year.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby goaliefrk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Can we all agree that Aroldis Chapman is the best closer in baseball currently? Or am I still ahead of my time with this belief?

goaliefrk has received a thanks from: Axm
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Axm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 am

No Chapman is a beast. 105mph is crazy. And not suprising as he's direct from Cuba. I really want to see him in person pitching sometime.

Axm has received a thanks from: goaliefrk
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:28 am

As long as he's not on the Mets, he's the best closer of all time.

That's how it works, right? Right?

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:08 am

goaliefrk wrote: Can we all agree that Aroldis Chapman is the best closer in baseball currently? Or am I still ahead of my time with this belief?

Ummm....ever heard of a guy named Craig Kimbrel? The guy who had a historic year last year, and nearly historic the year before?

Although Chapman is right there with him if healthy.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yama » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:01 pm

That is all.

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner