Latest Purchases

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby dbzruler88 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 am

FB_IMG_1497155378101.jpg

2017 Ford Edge AWD
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Bambi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:13 pm

Had to RMA a mouse to Steelseries (got to love that EU 2 year warranty) after I'd already bought a replacement, used my store credit for this. No idea how good it is but I've got more in common with a legally deaf person than an audiophile so I suspect it will be fine.

Bambi has received a thanks from: Raithos
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spokane » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:33 am

I got a 150$ Amazon card for my bday so I will be figuring out what to get.

Games will for sure be a part of that.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:16 am

Waeco Bordbar TB-15. Cute little electric fridge for the car. Actually not even for mine but for my wife's Mercedes-Benz.

Master Kyodai has received a thanks from: Axm
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote: Posted this in the wrong thread. Anywho...

My old as fuck joystick of 10+ years died so I am going to use that as an excuse to get my first HOTAS joystick, the thrustmaster T.16000M.

I'm excited. I want to get rudder pedals as well, but the paddle on the throttle may negate the need for that. I'm excited.

This thing has just been sitting in it's box since last night. I love it, but I wish the joystick was a bit siffer. I read reviews online and they say the joystick is too stiff?! What type of weak pansies are giving these reviews?!?!?!I had to adjust the s-curve because I found it to be way too sensitive, and i will probably make modifications in the future to make it feel even stiffer.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:51 am

This was against my better judgment. I spent the money that I had been saving for many months for a Ryzen overhaul. But for the price I can't complain. (The erupting cost of DDR4 3200 speed RAM did not help matters) The new $399 bundle that started shipping today lacks the $100 amazon gift card, though it does pack in a second sensor which is worth $60 and is practically mandatory from what I hear. Getting it off newegg with no sales tax also helps, as did the $25 off master pass coupon. \:D/ For what it is worth, it appears most people going the Amazon route never got their gift card. :shock:

In any event, I've been dying to try out VR for years. Oculus 2.0 won't touch down for a couple more years according to Facebook, but honestly, I'm not sure of how much benefit it would even be to me. Having a higher resolution is clearly better for dealing with a screen door effect, though my 1060 is probably going to be hard pressed to push the 90hz refresh rate and resolution of the base model as it is. Here's to hoping my i5 2500 still has just enough juice left in it to supply vr with passable processing power. :-k
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby dbzruler88 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Got an autographed picture of Robert Englund and Johnny Depp.
Last edited by dbzruler88 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dbzruler88 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:32 pm

1503692946107.jpg
1503692946107.jpg (18.6 KiB) Viewed 6214 times
Got this for 10 bucks including shipping.

dbzruler88 has received a thanks from: Coromasta
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Coromasta » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Bought a faulty Sony pvm which upon a arrival wasn't faulty at all so got it for a very good price, also got a 4k hdr 55 inch sony bravia, amazing quality so very happy with it.
Almost got a 100 dreamcast games now, and currently getting everything hooked up with rgb scart so I have the best image quality for every system.
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby myshtuff » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Went to the flea market and got a bunch of OG Xbox games. XIII, DOA Xtreme beach volleyball, Genma Onimusha, Midtown Madness 3, Halo 1 & 2.

Most importantly however I found a copy of Sonic R Racing for PC for $4. I nearly shit myself when I saw it. I'm still having trouble getting it to run on Windows 10, but I hope to have it working soon.

Also got a basket of fresh peaches for $4. Pretty good day at the flea market. \:D/
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Sonikku wrote:This was against my better judgment. I spent the money that I had been saving for many months for a Ryzen overhaul. But for the price I can't complain. (The erupting cost of DDR4 3200 speed RAM did not help matters) The new $399 bundle that started shipping today lacks the $100 amazon gift card, though it does pack in a second sensor which is worth $60 and is practically mandatory from what I hear. Getting it off newegg with no sales tax also helps, as did the $25 off master pass coupon. \:D/ For what it is worth, it appears most people going the Amazon route never got their gift card. :shock:

In any event, I've been dying to try out VR for years. Oculus 2.0 won't touch down for a couple more years according to Facebook, but honestly, I'm not sure of how much benefit it would even be to me. Having a higher resolution is clearly better for dealing with a screen door effect, though my 1060 is probably going to be hard pressed to push the 90hz refresh rate and resolution of the base model as it is. Here's to hoping my i5 2500 still has just enough juice left in it to supply vr with passable processing power. :-k

Everyone buys a VR headset against their better judgement. The oculus is a good choice considering how cheap it is now, but it isn't as easy to set up as the vive is. With the vive all you have to do is vaguely point the base stations in the play area and you are good to go. I hear that to eliminate deadspots in the rift's coverage, you need at least 3 base stations. Probably isn't that big of an issue if you have a small play area, though.

As for your specs... I've been playing with my old 2500k and a geforce 970 just fine. There are sometimes brief periods of random stutter, though.

Anywho I just upgraded my PC to Ryzen 7. I wanted to get the threadripper, but that shit is WAAAAY to fucking expensive for my blood. The 16 logical cores seem to be good enough for my needs, my system seems ultra responsive now. Feels like I upgraded from a 486 to a Pentium 4. I can run 3d renders in the background while watching twitch and YouTube videos without any slowdown. I really do not have to worry about anything slowing down my computer now, which is nice. I'm sure some of the performance increase comes from upgrading from DDR2 to DDR4 though.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jibby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Picked up an iPad Pro today to replace my 4 year old Windows tablet. Thing was really cool back then, but now it takes a matter of minutes to load Word and even just browsing the web was laggy. Plus, the lack of tablet specific apps was terrible. Everything is instant on the iPad though, very impressed with it.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:17 am

Hey, remember this topic? I almost forgot it was a thing.

Anyway, mentioned this in another post, so I figured I'd finally show it off. I'm pretty proud of it.
Got it almost exactly a year ago, so it's not exactly my "latest" purchase, but eh.
I've had other guitars, but they've always been somewhere in the 200-400 dollar range. Which is fine; you can get a damn fine instrument for that much, sure. But I just got this crazy urge for something a little beyond that. Figured if I'm really this passionate and intent on eventually writing and recording my own songs (and good god, am I ever... it's just taking a long time, on account of the fact that I suck), I should take the leap and get the absolute most high-quality instrument that I can find and realistically afford. Something as close as possible to what I would get if I had the dough to commission a custom job.
And this beauty just took the damn cake.
Along with my tax refund last year, I was still going to need a good amount of extra scratch to afford it, so I sold some stuff I never really thought I'd get rid of.
My Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition went for... maybe somewhere around 300 dollars?
My two Zero Escape preorder bonus watches (which I got for free originally) went for about 200, almost immediately.
Managed to sell some old Deadpool and Harley Quinn comics for a pretty penny since demand was actually up for them, what with their movies and all.
And best of all, I actually sold my copy of Hagane for the SNES, the former holy grail in my collection... for 600 friggin dollars. Cartridge only. A game I originally got for about 50. So the return on that was uh... pretty nice.
I think there were a few other things as well. So then, roughly 1900 or 2000 dollars later, I'm blessed with this gorgeous young thing:

...and I've been playing it almost every day since. It's crazy how much better it feels to play this, compared to any others I've ever had.
ESP, Floyd Rose bridge, set-thru maple neck, ebony fingerboard, Duncan jazz pickup in the neck (for clean playing), and a high-output Duncan TB-14 pickup in the bridge (for all the dirty, ugly metal I'll be playing more often than not; pairs well with my Laney Ironheart amp). Only thing I would honestly change if it were custom, is I would have gotten it set to a baritone 26- or 27-inch scale. It's 25.5 as it is, which still works beautifully down to a solid drop-B tuning, so no complaints regardless.
And not even kidding: to me, that's the most gorgeous, unique quilted maple top I've ever seen. The cloudy, swirly quality of it mixed with that striking color... a year later, I still smile at how beautiful the damn thing is.
This is my favorite thing that I own now, seriously. And I haven't regretted for a second all the old gaming stuff I gave up to get it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:34 am

^I envy your solid 2nd hand market!..

Is it your "dream" guitar? What other models/makers were you considering?
I haven't played electrics in years and have only 1 MIC semiacoustic Ibanez (only play acoustics). I'm sure for that sort of money you'd be looking at plenty of different options.
Baritones are interesting but that's a beast and a half.. I imagine for heavy metal music it might be different but I can't imagine having a baritone as a main guitar..

Beautiful guitar, congratulations!

Vyse Hazuky has received a thanks from: OL
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:56 pm

If it's not my dream guitar, it's pretty damn close. Only thing I could imagine being better would be something completely and literally custom, from headstock and body shape down to pickups and materials (which ESP actually does, but it can be upwards of 5000-10000 for it... and I'm not really there, to say the least :lol: ).
And baritone would probably be fine as a main guitar for me, just because I prefer dropped tunings anyway. Standard E paired with my preferred string gauges tends to feel really rough on the ol' fingers; maybe if I'd started when I was younger and had more experience under my belt it'd be fine, but 13-56 gauge strings in standard E on a standard scale length are tight. Really hard to do barre chords like that. So those same strings on a baritone in a dropped tuning (drop A or B, probably) would probably feel just right. One day, maybe. I'm only guessing, mind you, because I've had to figure everything out for myself; don't have any friends that play, nor do I have any decent stores around to consult with.
And ESP is really the only brand I considered. I've played a few Fenders and Epiphones before, but to me personally, they just never feel quite as comfortable as a good ESP. And since most of my favorite guitarists play ESP, it was really the simplest part of the decision-making process for me. Go with what you know, ya know?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic