Latest Purchases

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby Yama » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Raithos wrote: Nice! And those actually have both the English and Japanese audio plus subs right?

Yes they do! Can't wait for Spirited Away to release this year, by far my favorite film.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bambi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:26 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: ^ dont complain when you go bankrupt cause people know you supported pirate bay and downloaded all your movies for free instead of buying them.

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Raithos » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Where are you picking yours up from? Online or a local store? Prices I see online seem pretty consistent across the board give or take a few bucks. I doubt either of the shops here in Houston carry them. Might ride around later and check. I know I saw Princess Mononoke at a trade event a several weeks back but the guy wanted $140 for it which was ridiculous. It's on Amazon for $70 bucks lol
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bambi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Latest Purchases

Postby Yama » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Raithos wrote:Where are you picking yours up from? Online or a local store? Prices I see online seem pretty consistent across the board give or take a few bucks. I doubt either of the shops here in Houston carry them. Might ride around later and check. I know I saw Princess Mononoke at a trade event a several weeks back but the guy wanted $140 for it which was ridiculous. It's on Amazon for $70 bucks lol

I picked all three up for around $180 shipped via cdjapan. I didn't bother any friends or family as the prices were literally identical to shelf price at the time. Most items are fairly listed there and shipping is fast. Usually it's just bigger items like LE's or consoles that I bug my contacts over, simply because importers want to make an ungodly amount of profit.

Yama has received a thanks from: Raithos
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 pm

^I try to get things sent over from the US, Canada or Japan listed as a "gift" whenever I import, so that customs don't bother me, more often than not. Having said that, they're really getting tight with it lately over here.

Anyway, my latest purchases, mostly from my Christmas money:

Now I'm up to date with my Berserk book collection:

As far as DVDs go:

Got to show support for the old timers.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Yama
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby lavrentis » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:23 am

LCFC Tickets, come on you foxes. we are going up
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 pm

Even used, this is pretty expensive online, but I found it locally for the reasonable-as-hell price of 10 bucks. Always wanted to read this. Seemed like a similar vibe to Akira, telekinetic powers and all that, but on a much, much smaller scale (an apartment complex rather than the whole of Tokyo).

OL has received a thanks from: Cave Johnson
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:51 pm

OL is spending money left and right
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:48 am

The benefit of having money, I would think.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Thief, Yama
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 pm

OL wrote: Image
Even used, this is pretty expensive online, but I found it locally for the reasonable-as-hell price of 10 bucks. Always wanted to read this. Seemed like a similar vibe to Akira, telekinetic powers and all that, but on a much, much smaller scale (an apartment complex rather than the whole of Tokyo).

Great buy. It's excellent. Big fan of Otomo here. You really should consider Otomo's other works too like the manga of Akira, which is much, much better than the anime, it's not even comparable, honestly. It's one of the best mangas in existence. His anthology collection Memories, which collects a lot of his short story works into one bundle is also definitely worth getting in the future. Some of those short stories are really, really good. He's surprisingly sharp with his satire and look at society. His artwork is distinctive (and sometimes phenomenally good), but I think I like his writing even more.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 pm

OL wrote: The benefit of having money, I would think.

I realize that, but are you gonna have the time to get through all this material? I know for a fact you have hours and hours and hours ahead of you, seeing all the things you have gotten as of late. Good luck, and enjoy.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:13 pm

#thestruggleisreal
I walk into the Sony store and its 25% off accessories. How can I not buying something Sony at that point?

Well this one is pretty great cause you can plug any headset into it and it's made into bluetooth. Great for my walks/bike rides/bus/train etc in Japan when I dont want to pull my phone out of my bag to answer a call or change music. $35.

Also got this great little thing. "PS Vita Trigger Grips" got it at Best Buy. Fits really well and natural in the hands. I love it! The triggers feel really good and I can see myself using this all the time now. The handles have a real soft felt grip to them like the feel of the PS4 controller grips. Only $15 and I suggest it to everyone.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
OL wrote: Image

Great buy. It's excellent. Big fan of Otomo here. You really should consider Otomo's other works too like the manga of Akira, which is much, much better than the anime, it's not even comparable, honestly. It's one of the best mangas in existence. His anthology collection Memories, which collects a lot of his short story works into one bundle is also definitely worth getting in the future. Some of those short stories are really, really good. He's surprisingly sharp with his satire and look at society. His artwork is distinctive (and sometimes phenomenally good), but I think I like his writing even more.

I really want to read the manga of Akira. But isn't one of the volumes in English like really hard/expensive to get a hoid of now? I love that movie so much.

Want to get Domu too.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:15 am

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact & SmartWatch 2.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic