Latest Purchases

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Sony MDR-XB450 Xtra Bass Overhead Headphones

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Axm
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:30 pm

<3 I had the previous gen of those and I really liked them for the price. More so than my Beats Solo which I will eventually replace with some Sony MDR'-1R or what you got. Let me know what you think sometime.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:43 am

I've bought them for my brother but I'm sure he'll let me play with them when I see them in a couple of weeks!

This is actually the second pair of headphones, I first ordered some Taschem headphones but we're in process of returning them since the quality wasn't good enough.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Right. The verdict was the previous Sony cans weren't as comfortable on the ear as need be. There's some confusion whether they were on-ear or over-ear. Bro prefers the latter so I've gone with these.

MDR-XB950AP Premium Xtra Bass Overhead

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Axm
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Sony MDR-XB30EX In-Ear Headphones.

Never been a big fan of in-ear headphones, but Sony don't make the same earbuds I need to replace. Got them for £18 when the RRP was £40.

Still haven't even opened these!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:39 pm

While we are on the issue, I am still loving the hell out of my Sony MDR-10RBT Head phones. They still look like the day I bought them, I take excellent care of them mind you, but these Blue Tooth babies go along way and provide a great hands free experience while im on the phone, they stay charged for FUCKING ever (17 hour battery life), and there is always the cord option which unless im on the phone im using the cord and of course the cord drains no battery, and quality of the materials is also excellent. The comfort level is superb, no ear fatigue and they have to be the best pair of general media head phones I have come across, save for the model above these which are the MDR-1RBT which are fucking plush. Great general use blue tooth head phones and I highly recommend them.

AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Yeah well I got Sony headphones too guys. I'm cool too. :puppydogeyes:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:28 am

DOA Xtreme 3 Fortune Collector's Edition.
phpBB [video]

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Rakim
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby OL » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Had a blast watching through the Battles Without Honor and Humanity series not too long ago, and I've actually been itching a bit for more yakuza movies to dig into.
Apparently this just came out. Looked up some trailers this morning, looked up a little background, and in a way it seems like a really cool little predecessor to Battles; both are technically based on true stories or characters (though the "realism" of both is obviously questionable), and this one came out in the sixties rather than the seventies. This one looks a little more formulaic/actionous than Battles, but I have no problem with that. Always good to see Tetsuya Watari in anything, and these look like they'll be right up my alley.
Playlist of trailers for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQDtXkg ... f4BkFpWRwN
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:59 pm

:-o

Thief has received a thanks from: Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby dbzruler88 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:37 am

I've bought a few things lately

A dash cam for my car and my wife's car
A bluetooth car accessory for my wife

Games:
GTA V (PS4)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)
Pokémon Blue on my 3DS
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Minecraft: Story Mode

Movies:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Phone Booth
The Land Before Time
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension
No Escape
American Sniper
The Interview
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
End of Watch
Bicentennial Man

I'm sure I got more but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

*edit*

I also got some Wild Dog comics in the mail. They were set in my hometown and released by DC Comics in like 1987.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Well there goes the birthday money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... gnorebbr=1

I planned on replacing my 7770 with a 480 but a month later AMD still has no stock. Oh well.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Nice! In the process of trying to sell my 780ti then I'm upgrading too. My friend grabbed the ASUS one and loves it.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:31 am

A word of advice when upgrading: The 1060 is a little faster than the 480 reference but the 480 Nitro from Sapphire is comparable for a comparable price. The difference is I think the 480 will only improve further with time with dx12 and driver updates where as with the 1060 what you see is what you get. Nvidia abandons product support quickly to push you to keep buying new product. I definitely would have got the 480 sapphire nitro if there had been availability but these cards sell out in under a minute most of the time.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Now that’s just not true Sonikku lol. I’m not trying to start a debate at all, just curious as to why you would buy a 1060 and not wait for a 480 if you honestly believed that. Why would the 480 improve with drivers and the 1060 be stuck where it’s at? Literally every single GPU released gains performance and stability as drivers mature. That’s not exclusive to either AMD or Nvidia, that’s engineers becoming more familiar with the architecture. And both cards support DX12. Why do you think Nvidia would stop supporting a card in an effort to force you to buy a new one later?

My brother has a 670 that is four years old and I’ve had my 780 for almost three. Both of them still receive regular driver updates. In fact we recently got a new beta driver specifically for the Lawbreakers alpha that still lists the 500 series (2009) as being supported. That’s seven years’ worth of GPU’s getting new drivers.

My point is both AMD and Nvidia support their products for as long as the other does. Neither team abandons their products. Both have their pros and cons, and both teams have had issues in the past. I don’t feel either one drives people to purchase a new product by stopping support on current cards. There just becomes a point where a card will no longer be supported because it’s old tech. Whether someone buys a 480 or a 1060, they are getting a great card for cheap that will be supported for a long time.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic