Justice League

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Justice League

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: OL
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:55 pm

So Suicide Squad sucked? Shocking.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:36 am

Man of Steel 2 confirmed
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I was thinking about this movie today and thought of something that made this movie possibly the most stupid movie ever.

So the Suicide Squad are sent into the city to evacuate someone. They fight through the city and get to the skyscraper where they go up to the top floor. They get the person out of the room they're hiding in go up one flight of stairs and this person get's in a helicopter...

Why did they need to go exactly? Just send the helicopter!

And Echantress looked to basically be part of the suicide squad at Amanda's conceptual stage for the squad so the whole movie was about her fixing the problem she created.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:45 am

Aquaman will be going against Black Manta in the solo film
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:05 am

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: Monkei
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Not really useful to most on here i assume but on the MS movie store they have loads of DC stuff dirt cheap right now.

Live Acton, animated and tv shows. Oddly the super crap Catwoman is the most expensive on the store.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:45 pm

phpBB [video]

Hell yes.

Monkei has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Sonikku
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Calshot » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Calshot has received 5 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ, Monkei, OL, Who Really Cares?
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Monkei » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:01 am

OL wrote: How the hell is his channel so popular and successful?

How is anything? People are shit, that's how. :p

Saw Suicide Squad yesterday, really wanting to like it, but sadly I have to agree with most of the negative stuff that's been said. It's not gonna kill DC's franchise, but it surely hurt it really, really bad. Fuck David Ayer.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Monkei
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: So Suicide Squad sucked? Shocking.

It was alright, actually. The beginning alone made it better than BvS even if they overdid the pop soundtrack (did we seriously need to hear Eminem blast out of nowhere?)

I like all the characters even if, quite frankly, a few of them had almost nothing to do but stand in the background like Killer Croc (or whatever that thing was supposed to look like). But it was more on a shallow level, like their costumes were cool and they had the right people wear those costumes. Except Margot's Harley, I think she was GREAT for the part but they didn't give her proper direction or a proper costume.

Katana and Boomerang were the most interesting characters to me in the squad. They had the most spunk and personality (which is funny cause all Katana did was just being a stoic ronin and cried at a sword). The Diablo guy had potential but I didn't think they nail him. Viola Davis was hands down the best character overall even if her motives toward the end were nonsensical and brought the entire film down with that whole Enchantress thing.

Seriously, when they went on their first mission together, that's when it seriously started the fall apart. Everything was crammed in together and trying very, very hard to justify the idea of an all-villain squad. Which I don't think they succeeded. At all. Plus the clumsy cameos (you know what i'm talking about if you've seen it) were trying really hard to make us give a shit about a Justice League movie. I guess if you're already excited for one, there you go. I just felt BAD for Warner Bros. trying to make people excited for something that's not worth getting excited about. Like, no one in my theater clapped in this thing at all except when Harley pulled out the traditional costume in one scene. If that's not an indication that Ayer and WB were completely out of touch with what people actually want to see, then I don't know what is.

Oh yeah, and Will Smith. Just Will Smith being Will Smith. And Leto? Leto pulling in 70% effort of what the Joker could've been by whispering his way through the whole thing. Heath Ledger was a complete transformation, Leto was more like him appearing at a Halloween party giving his best Ledger impression but held back a lot. Not even gonna talk about those grills, tats, chains, and cane.

But yeah, in the beginning it was fun. A lot of fun. So fun I felt so entirely let down when it stopped being fun.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Monkei
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Monkei » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:51 am

Not sure I like that Deathstroke costume much. Just a little too teched-out and armored for my liking. Kinda weird, since Deathstroke's redesigns usually look pretty friggin groovy (the ones in Arrow, Arkham Origins, and Injustice are all pretty great).
Here's hoping they get his story and personality right, though, if they even go that far with him. He's one of those characters that's apparently really easy to just portray as a stock bad guy with a cool mask (most of his comic guest appearances tend to be a bit like that), when he's actually got a pretty great backstory and personality, totally more anti-hero than villain. But then, I'm more familiar with his original incarnation as written by Marv Wolfman, and have no idea what he's been made into more recently in the comics. So eh.

Weird side-note, Deadpool was actually meant as a parody of Deathstroke when he was first created by Rob Liefeld back in the day. Or maybe just a straight-up ripoff. It's hard to tell with Rob Liefeld. He's always been kind of a doofy chud who can't draw worth a shit anyway.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:08 am

They seem to be doing something cool with him in the comics at the moment, according to an IGN review from earlier this month at least:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/08/24/deathstroke-1-review-3

It's been great to see Deathstroke's popularity soar in recent years thanks to projects like Arrow and Arkham Origins, but DC's master assassin hasn't had a comic worthy of his reputation in some time. That appears to finally be changing thanks to DC Rebirth. Leave it to the writer who dramatically overhauled Black Panther in the late '90s to do the same for Slade Wilson now.

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic