Great Anime Music

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Great Anime Music

Postby SaM_4000 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 pm

OL wrote: Always been really fond of this one. One of the few cases where an entirely english theme works perfectly for an anime. Something about the tone of it is just right. Still haven't see the show all the way through though, oddly enough.

^ Wow, it's so weird seeing it so clean; I can remember watching Serial Experiments Lain on grainy VHS footage, in a way it kind of loses some of original it's charm to me....
But, what a fantastic anime and 100% agree with your sentiments about that opening it just works so well with the tone of the show.

And now to something completely different....

phpBB [video]

The Orphen OST is alright, nothing spectacular but it is nostalgic to me and I just love electric guiters :)
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Great topic!

This one has always held a place in my heart. I don't typically like Clamp's work because it tends to drift toward yaoi but I enjoyed X.

phpBB [video]

This next one is very dear to my heart more than probably any of the others. I'm always stricken when I hear this song from Elfen Lied. When I first heard it in 2007 I knew that if I ever had a daughter I would name her Lily. And last year that's what I did. It's also special because it contains a passage from the first chapter in James, which is probably my favorite book of the Bible. That it's written and performed in Latin only makes it more unique.

phpBB [video]

I have more, but those are all I'll post now.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Just want to parrot Calshot: Hirasawa is really an amazing composer and musician that I've followed for many years, ever since I first got into Berserk, through the Dreamcast game followed by the anime.

This is one of my favourites, from Satoshi Kon's Paranoia Agent series:

phpBB [video]

The marriage between the music and visuals is so well done here. I know this topic isn't about anime OPs, but it's worth highlighting, regardless. ;-)

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Rakim
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:25 am

^^Funny, I actually stumbled across that earlier this morning. I've never seen the anime itself, but a friend showed me that opening a couple years ago. Amazing how something so cheerful-sounding and colorful can still come off so disconcerting. Great opening.

EDIT: This one hits a really odd spot of nostalgia. It's one of those that, even the first time I heard it, already felt nostalgic in my mind. It's just such an amazing melody.
And I absolutely love the movie it's from, possibly even more than the original series. The use of this song near the very end of it, the way it cuts out when it does, then slowly pans upward as the credits roll... It's another one of those that can actually manage to make my eyes well up a bit.

phpBB [video]

OL has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, SaM_4000
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 pm

I honestly tend to forget that this is even from an anime, since I'm such an Ilaria Graziano fan and I listen to her stuff in my car all the time. I tend to just think of it as great music, rather than specifically "anime" music. A testament to its quality I guess, as it's still great out-of-context.

phpBB [video]
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Oppy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:09 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Oppy has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Calshot » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:28 am

The scene this song originally played in was very well done on its own, but the song really added to the impact. It's hard to say more without spoiling anything.
phpBB [video]

SHIZAAAAAAAAAAA
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby laagi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:11 am

Nice topic! I'm not really in to Anime Series but I do love Anime movies. One of my favorites which also has a outstanding OST is Sword of the Stranger (ストレンヂア 無皇刃譚).

Check out the scene below , there's so much power going with it... Has me close to tears each and every time :cry: Simply beautiful, Thank you!

SPOILER-SPOILER-SPOILER
phpBB [video]
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SaM_4000 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:00 am

I have been re-watching random anime episodes of series which I own on dvd and I quite like this music from Saiyuki.

phpBB [video]
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Thief » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:39 pm

phpBB [video]

I fucking love this opening, people say it's out of place, I think it's perfect.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Motherfucking Cruel Angel's Thesis sung in the noble Russian language.
phpBB [video]
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Supa » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm

I'll post this again:

phpBB [video]

Love that soundtrack.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Rakim » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:08 pm

phpBB [video]

Rakim has received a thanks from: KiBa
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiBa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:36 pm

The art style took some getting used to for me, but ultimately I was utterly enthralled by this creative and beautiful anime. The whole OST is great, and it's cool a Frenchman composed the music for an adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo. Despite the fact that they uniquely shifted the setting to the 51st century and the perspective to Albert as protagonist, the content is amazingly close to the book:

phpBB [video]
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Rakim » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:02 am

OL wrote:
phpBB [video]

I've been relistening to all the songs in this thread and I keep coming back to this one. I completely forgot it even existed. Such a well done piece. I like how it seems to reference Gymnopedie at the end. Given that its Yoko Kanno I'll assume it was deliberate. So beautiful.

I found another version, I'm not sure if it's an early sketch or a newer update, but its also really good and has the Satie-ishness more pronounced.

phpBB [video]
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Off Topic