The reunion topic.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The reunion topic.

Postby santino » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Elmo you the man

santino has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Trunks » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:42 am

Apologies for the thread resurrection, but this thread made me smile :) Just to let everyone know, I still lurk here! Haha. Nice to see new Shenmue information circulating :)

Trunks has received 4 thanks from: mikec_ct, Peter, Sonikku, ys
Trunks
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:14 pm

I remember you!
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonikku » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Heya Trunks. :D

I missed you. :puppydogeyes:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Great to see you Trunks man. Remember when you were an awesome mod back in the day.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Every time I see this topic I think of Reunion Island, a French colony way down east of Madagascar. I only knew about it because I used to sometimes print labels to send stuff there from work, and wondered where TF it was, so Wiki'd it.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Martin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:17 pm

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but I made it. It's been great reading through your posts in this thread, reading about how everyone's doing these days. It's a great feeling. So many old names - a truly a nostalgic experience. I unfortunately hit some hard times and was homeless for some years. I'm back on my feet now, and have a decent little job (I run the inbound, outbound and retails departments of a logistics company), and I'm posting this on my very own iMac! How life throws it's twists and turns.

This place held an important part of my gaming crazy days. I'll never forget it. All the friendships, the epic debates about games, and even life, the silly little feuds we used to have with one another. Remember when I hated everyone's coloured text? Now it just makes the place feel like home. That's what the 'Dojo always was to me, I suppose. My internet home.

I used to post on one called Cubed3 then as well, but Shenmue Dojo was always better. We had a strange freedom here to talk about whatever we wanted, pretty much. We were also free to speak however we liked, offensive language and obscene humour be damned. There were never any parental controls as such. If someone got out of line, the mods handled it. But that person was often treated like a member of the family and forgiven. We sort of grew up together. Though I must have been eighteen or nineteen by the time I joined, I still had some growing up to do. :lol:

I actually hadn't heard of Shenmue III until today. I've really not played games hardly at all the past few years, and have not kept up with gaming news. I'm sad about missing the announcement, but to see that Shenmue III is being made, for real, no Kikizo-like rumour, no fan-made substitute - the real deal. I honestly pumped my fist in the air and shouted like LFC scored against United. Absolutely amazing. I never thought I would see the day, and it has been years since I gave a tuppenny fuck about anything to do with games.

I'm going to try and stick around, have only recently been getting into games again. Downloaded Steam and the Half-Life series. Times like this you regret getting a Mac :sad: My old PS3 would actually be a better option, lol.

Anyway, it's great to see you all!

Martin has received 4 thanks from: mikec_ct, Peter, silent killer, St. Elmo's Fire
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Shit. Welcome back Martin.

Sorry to hear about your bad times man. You should have logged into a cafe for an hour to let us know. we are text on a screen to some, but to others including myself, we are human beings and a few of us could have threw a few quid together if it was absolutely necessary. It's been done before in the past to mixed success, but it's taken on an individual value, and when it's clear someone is on the balls of their arse then help is more than necessary.

This place hasnt changed too much. It's still very free spirited, but every side has its coin, and people who have their own and sometimes strong opinions, and are allowed to voice them, usually get met with someone who has an equally strong opposing opinion. Once that happens, it doesn't take long before the old skool immaturity comes out and personal insults get flung, and that's where we step in. It's not so much a forum for a family friendly audience these days, but it's more so based around that we know first hand thay certain people do view these boards, such as Shenmue 3 executives and developers. For that reason, we have to be a little strict, but there's no grammar police, or speaking down to people authority style. Throw some swear words around. Especially if you are someone who fist pumps for a bunch of bin dipping scumbag scouce cunts who score against United. Sound like Mitt3nz for Christ sakes.

It's a shame you missed all of the Shenmue hype. These boards changed forever last summer. Not in a huge way asthetically. A few new members here and there and a lot of waiting, but i does increase the positivity around here and gives us a sense of genuine purpose and existence. We are no longer a forum which just sits around waiting. The future couldn't be any brighter.

Hope you stick around!

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Martin, shengoro86
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:35 am

I guess I just didn't think to ask, ha. But the the thought means a lot. If I want to talk on a forum, this will be the forum I use. It's great to see the decor hasn't changed. I got my PS3 set up.

PSN = Mart9n
Steam = Martin64

Add me up. Be aware I only have PS3 at the moment, but will certainly be getting a PS4. Now it's not just The Last Guardian, I'm finally going to get to play Shenmue III. I hope they do some sort of re-release of the first two. I've been looking at some videos and such. Great to hear Corey Marshall is back.

I'm sure they'll modernise the gaming mechanics and such, but the whole thing just feels like such a massive present for us fans who've spent half our lives waiting. Otherwise we would have got Nolan North or something lol.

So pumped for SIII.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:36 am

Martin wrote: I guess I just didn't think to ask, ha. But the the thought means a lot. If I want to talk on a forum, this will be the forum I use. It's great to see the decor hasn't changed. I got my PS3 set up.

PSN = Mart9n
Steam = Martin64

Add me up. Be aware I only have PS3 at the moment, but will certainly be getting a PS4. Now it's not just The Last Guardian, I'm finally going to get to play Shenmue III. I hope they do some sort of re-release of the first two. I've been looking at some videos and such. Great to hear Corey Marshall is back.

I'm sure they'll modernise the gaming mechanics and such, but the whole thing just feels like such a massive present for us fans who've spent half our lives waiting. Otherwise we would have got Nolan North or something lol.

So pumped for SIII.

Welcome back, great to hear you learned about S3. Have you backed the game already? You can still help making S3 better here: https://shenmue.link/order/?en

How did you find out about Shenmue 3?
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby InsanityIsCrazy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Totally missed this thread. Whoops!

I was convinced that this community had broken their 401ks early to fund the kickstarter. I'm also becoming convinced that Shenmue is some sort of MKULTRA level indoctrination program to make us love the 80s. I never thought in 2016 that I'd be drinking craft beer at my local retro arcade and listening to synthwave while catching up on SIII news.

What a time to be alive.

InsanityIsCrazy has received 2 thanks from: mikec_ct, ys
InsanityIsCrazy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: InsanityIsCrazy
Currently playing: Some Gizmo

Postby ys » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Martin wrote:It's a great feeling. So many old names - a truly a nostalgic experience. I unfortunately hit some hard times and was homeless for some years.
Remember when I hated everyone's coloured text? Now it just makes the place feel like home. That's what the 'Dojo always was to me, I suppose. My internet home.

Wow, that's something else but luckily things became better. I do remember some discussion about the colors I think :P
Lately, I have had less time to post or visit myself but this topic motivated me to try and improve that a little.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby pikecon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:12 am

Whelp. I'm late to this party. So many memories from the mid 2000's! DF Retro's video brought me back. I remember someone here once said, "No one can resist the slut that is the Dojo." Still true.

pikecon has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
pikecon
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:45 am

Couldn't have been better timed. Saturday should be a very good day.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby pikecon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Peter wrote: Couldn't have been better timed. Saturday should be a very good day.

I remember you... but I think I remembered you more by your previous screen name (which I can't seem to remember...).

I'm missing a lot of Dojo history here. Can anyone tell me what happened during and after the last days of Hellraiser and Teepo? What happened to WhiteShadow the challenger? Is Ryo's Place still around? And what of Shenmue Harbour with Master Baihu and the like? I gotta know!
pikecon
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic