Feminism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Feminism

Postby YUmakemygame » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:29 pm

danny wrote:

"F*ck you and your thin privilege and f*ck you for not seeing how YOUR actions HURT people":

Oh. My. God. Someone get a forklift and a prescription of Xanax for that poor woman, stat! She had no reason to attack that person who was being so cordial and accommodating. I wish I had a DeLorean Time Machine and no job, I would destroy that woman. Sorry I didn't quote the picture for reference. :sad:
YUmakemygame
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Aimless Gamer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:09 pm

I cant wrap my mind around how mue thinks that a mean tweet = a war vet? I'm guessing you dont know anyone whos served?
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:37 pm

If he thinks Sarkeesian is right...
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Calshot » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Flatlandaniel wrote: Image

I don't get why feminists hate Barbie.

Barbie's always been employed. She's had one steady boyfriend for most of her life. She's been the president, multiple branches of the armed services, various medical professions, a few different STEM jobs, and has been both a firefighter and a police officer in the public service sector. Those are all careers that feminists have complained about the lack of female representation.

Why isn't she a good feminist role model? Because she's pretty? Because a toy doesn't have realistic proportions?

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

-

Postby danny » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:22 pm

-
Last edited by danny on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
danny

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:46 pm

danny wrote:

Tumblr is full of pampered, first-world privileged idiots.

This is the product of people being raised by overprotective parents.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:49 pm

I still don't understand how "mature" people can still act like little kids.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Three Blades » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:25 pm

The whole idea that a drunken girl can't consent is just one more example that (most) women aren't, in fact, equal to men. Rather, they seek to avoid personal responsibility for their own actions (ingesting copious amounts of alcohol leading to decisions that they later regret). When an adult chooses to drink alcohol, that person is responsible for their actions and all the resulting decisions (whether it's having sex, driving while drunk, or getting into fights).

If having sex with a drunk woman is "wrong", then women certainly shouldn't be allowed to drink. They also shouldn't be allowed to vote, or drive a car. Why should they? They want to be little children with no personal responsibility, they should therefore be treated as such.

To men in living in feminist-infected western societies, My advice is that if you fuck a consenting girl, it's better if you don't give her any way to identify you. You live in a country where female-privilege has corrupted the legal system, and made it heavily biased against you. When you meet s girl, there is no way to know whether you're dealing with an honest, mature one, or a vile scumbag lying feminist. You should protect yourself accordingly.
Last edited by Three Blades on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

-

Postby danny » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:31 pm

-
Last edited by danny on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

danny has received 2 thanks from: punkmanced, Three Blades
danny

Postby Three Blades » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:17 pm

Haha, that last one was especially brilliant :D
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:20 am

Yeah the so-called "third wave" feminism is frowned upon by other feminists as well.

It's really akin to a minority crying racism over a stupid stereotype on TV with people who lived through the Civil Rights period going "you have no idea what it was really like".
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Calshot » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:04 am

Kenny wrote: Yeah the so-called "third wave" feminism is frowned upon by other feminists as well.

It's really akin to a minority crying racism over a stupid stereotype on TV with people who lived through the Civil Rights period going "you have no idea what it was really like".

That almost happened.
phpBB [video]

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/watch-black-c ... yvttd:4tbc
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:54 am

phpBB [video]

Anita is so in your face a snake oil salesman it's cringeworthy, don't know how people with 2 fingers in front of them can actually believe her narrative.

But I guess this quote has a very valid meaning in this situation

shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby amiga1200 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:06 am

Kenny wrote: Tumblr is full of pampered, first-world privileged idiots.

This is the product of people being raised by overprotective parents.
^^ i was holding back that gem myself, but 'overprotective' isn't a word i'd have chosen. (and when the chips fall, they only have themselves to blame for deliberately WILLFULLY sucking up the propaganda, and benefiting directly from the divisions.)
if 'parents' were 'overprotective' they'd have a little foresight and common sense to not raise their kids as self-deserved kicking boxes.
i was thinking rich supremacist neo-nazi parents...
oh yeah, still putting up with a plethra of folks, seen for many years, not one meaningful conversation held, or exchanged.
in fact, i'd go as far as to say, familiarity BREEDS contempt.
there's a civil war coming , i can't predict how it'll turn out, but i can predict what will happen. (return to the guillotine, public flayings, witchhunts....oh wait, we still there...sortof?!)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am

Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was possible, but with every page the tone in this thread is being lowered. Didn't any of you clearly angry people bother watching those videos I posted on the previous page? I mean, ok so you don't agree with Anita Sarkeesian. That's fine, she has an opinion and so do you. But why are you getting so irrationally angry over her opinion?

Aimless Gamer wrote: I cant wrap my mind around how mue thinks that a mean tweet = a war vet? I'm guessing you dont know anyone whos served?

I do, but that nothing at all to do with anything. My point was that comparing suffering full stop is just fucking stupid. So yeah, I think anyone who says "my suffering is akin to a war veteran's" is silly. But I think anyone who says "NO YOUR SUFFERING IS OBJECTIVELY NOT AS BAD" is just a fully blown moron. And that sentence is symptomatic of the typical non compassionate, inhumane attitude many people on the internet have towards others. Bullying is bullying, it doesn't matter if it's in twitter, school, or the workplace (and I think "mean tweet" somewhat downplays just how abusive, personal and violent twitter harassment can be). People commit suicide over bullying, and I can't wrap my mind around how you cannot comprehend this.

f he thinks Sarkeesian is right...

Go on, please finish that sentence mate.

I don't agree with her on everything, but I think those tweets that were posted are pretty correct. Care to actually put forward a coherent opposing argument and not some dumb meme?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic