Feminism

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Feminism

Postby Thief » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:07 pm

Nahovil wrote:
Thief wrote:
Nahovil wrote:
Thief wrote:Those girls are fucking dumb. What did they hope to accomplish?

This mindset, for instance.

Please. They're fucking stupid if they thought their protest was going to change anything. There are proper, and smart, ways to work towards change -- if that's what they desire. Regardless, what even was the event they were protesting at? Just a gathering of Muslims? Real fucking mature of them. Not saying they deserved to be attacked, but have some common-sense.

You just confirmed my assessment. That line of thought is highly skewed, and it is that of the patriarchal society - What's the point of going through such an embarrassing showing? We the male, white and heterosexual face no pre-existing disadvantages or biases in everyday life, so it's hard for us to actually grasp it.

Proper, smart, common sense? Do you not witness prejudice everyday. Perhaps if you were on the end of it, you'd care enough to perpetrate such act.

The gathering's purpose, apparently, was a talk about the legitimacy of women assault in the Quran.

Don't lump me together with your bullshit "we the male" nonsense. Fuck off -- heres some advice for people experiencing prejudice: toughen up, stop identifying with your race or gender, and excel as an individual.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Calshot » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Nahovil wrote:

You just confirmed my assessment. That line of thought is highly skewed, and it is that of the patriarchal society - What's the point of going through such an embarrassing showing? We the male, white and heterosexual face no pre-existing disadvantages or biases in everyday life, so it's hard for us to actually grasp it.

Proper, smart, common sense? Do you not witness prejudice everyday. Perhaps if you were on the end of it, you'd care enough to perpetrate such act.

The gathering's purpose, apparently, was a talk about the legitimacy of women assault in the Quran.

You're making a whoooole lot of assumptions there Baby Mue.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby streetwaves » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:50 pm

Nahovil wrote:
Thief wrote:
Nahovil wrote:

Please. They're fucking stupid if they thought their protest was going to change anything. There are proper, and smart, ways to work towards change -- if that's what they desire. Regardless, what even was the event they were protesting at? Just a gathering of Muslims? Real fucking mature of them. Not saying they deserved to be attacked, but have some common-sense.

There's a fact of the matter as to whether tactics such as those displayed by that group of feminists actually have a positive effect on what they're fighting for. There's a difference between having the right to be upset and whether simply being upset is a smart enough tactic to employ.

I am for feminists protesting Islam's views of course, but this isn't the first time protesters have had a perfectly justifiable cause and really stupid ideas on how to fight for it. Following your logic, virtually any tactic could be justified, because who are we to say what's right? We're evil white males!
streetwaves
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:50 am

Nahovil wrote:

Well that wasn't gonna end well no matter what.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Nahovil » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:39 am

Thief wrote:Don't lump me together with your bullshit "we the male" nonsense. Fuck off -- heres some advice for people experiencing prejudice: toughen up, stop identifying with your race or gender, and excel as an individual.

I'm sorry, but that's laughable. Case in point of my previous argument.

Calshot wrote:You're making a whoooole lot of assumptions there Baby Mue.

As we do all, in every argument; However, I would like you to elucidate me.

streetwaves wrote:There's a fact of the matter as to whether tactics such as those displayed by that group of feminists actually have a positive effect on what they're fighting for. There's a difference between having the right to be upset and whether simply being upset is a smart enough tactic to employ.

I am for feminists protesting Islam's views of course, but this isn't the first time protesters have had a perfectly justifiable cause and really stupid ideas on how to fight for it. Following your logic, virtually any tactic could be justified, because who are we to say what's right? We're evil white males!

I still think I was clear; I didn't endorse or otherwise their actions in particular. Objectively, I'm arguing for the legitimacy of their plea, and how it's rather understandable such bizarre acts are perpetrated in light of the status quo.

Furthermore, the problem of prejudice lies, in essence, in more elementary situations.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SaM_4000 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:07 am

A classic episode of The Simpsons was just on TV, and in the episode Homer watches this Duff beer advertisement:
phpBB [video]

:lol: Gotta love old Simpsons episodes.
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:08 am

Poor people is what makes rich people more rich.

Feminist are what make regular women more women, they are the poor of women.

Sadly for heterosexual males, there's still a big difference in women sexual capital, that shouldn't be that high, but it is.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Thief » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:10 am

Nahovil wrote:
Thief wrote:Don't lump me together with your bullshit "we the male" nonsense. Fuck off -- heres some advice for people experiencing prejudice: toughen up, stop identifying with your race or gender, and excel as an individual.

You can't just say, "lawl, this clearly proves my argument", and expect anyone to take you seriously. You actually have to make an effort if you want to be successful in argumentation.

Nahovil wrote:

Clearly he was talking about the assumptions you were making about my race and gender. Not sure how that could have been any more obvious, but whatever.

Anyway, I know better than to argue with people like you. It's a waste of my time and energy. I shouldn't have even started speaking with you -- I usually would just let you squabble around about nonsense while I concern myself with other things of importance.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:32 am

Nahovil wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Some Muslim cultures oppressing women is an issue MUCH bigger than just mere "feminism", so yeah I kinda agree it was dumb. They shoulda kinda realised that strict Muslims take things very seriously as well, and that that stunt was likely to end painfully! :lol:

I got a stiffy at that point. ;-)

What's "mere" feminism? Don't be afraid of that word because of the internet. Just think of it as Martin Luther King Jr's Civil Rights movement. It's a movement for equality of rights.

Well it can do good in societies that are willing to change (proper feminism I mean, not the extremist version that this topic has been about), but when it comes to changing a religion, especially one that's, in the current day, renowned for being uncompromising and strict, it's a different story and is gonna need something a bit extra before that change comes. It's like I said further back in the topic about women and people-trafficking, it IS a bad thing, bit it needs a bit more than a rights movement to fix it. The people doing the trafficking aren't doing it 'cos they're misogynist, it's because they're criminals and usually nasty people, so only the intelligence agencies and Interpol etc. can really get at them.

Despite my input on this topic, I actually do think women deserve the same rights as men, but because, in this country, they pretty much do (along with the same opportunities, plenty of women in the UK in high up jobs), I've been drawn into taking pot shots at the extremist versions of feminism...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Shin Pan Tzee » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:10 pm

So weird seeing a discussion on feminism on a forum nowadays that doesn't resolve around the "patriarchy' and "listen and believe" people ganging up on anyone that doesn't agree with them just to get them banned. Didn't think i'd ever see that again.
Shin Pan Tzee
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Nahovil » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:55 pm

Thief wrote:
Nahovil wrote:

You can't just say, "lawl, this clearly proves my argument", and expect anyone to take you seriously. You actually have to make an effort if you want to be successful in argumentation.

Nahovil wrote:

Clearly he was talking about the assumptions you were making about my race and gender. Not sure how that could have been any more obvious, but whatever.

You made the same point twice, and I had already addressed it in my other post. I'm trying to offer you an alternate point of view, which considers our line of thought, as a society, prior to any movement.

I wasn't sure how it could have been any more obvious that I was referring to whoever hasn't endured prejudice, either.

Thief wrote:Anyway, I know better than to argue with people like you. It's a waste of my time and energy. I shouldn't have even started speaking with you -- I usually would just let you squabble around about nonsense while I concern myself with other things of importance.

Chill, mister. Likewise, I don't think you should engage in conversation if you end up resorting to this condescending attitude once you're offered a different point of view, no matter how irrational. By all means, resume your important matters. A good day to you.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:05 pm

I just realised my previous post makes it look like I am lumping Muslims into the same boat as people smugglers. That's not what I think at all, it was a pretty bad comparison...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Nahovil wrote:You made the same point twice, and I had already addressed it in my other post.

Thief wrote:Anyway, I know better than to argue with people like you. It's a waste of my time and energy. I shouldn't have even started speaking with you -- I usually would just let you squabble around about nonsense while I concern myself with other things of importance.

Chill, mister. Likewise, I don't think you should engage in conversation if you end up resorting to this condescending attitude once you're offered a different point of view, no matter how irrational. By all means, resume your important matters. A good day to you.

I most clearly did not make the same point twice. My two posts, in which you responded, weren't even about the same thing.

Thief wrote:Please. They're fucking stupid if they thought their protest was going to change anything. There are proper, and smart, ways to work towards change -- if that's what they desire. Regardless, what even was the event they were protesting at? Just a gathering of Muslims? Real fucking mature of them. Not saying they deserved to be attacked, but have some common-sense.

The first was my concern that their attempt at protest, in this particular instance, was not going to cause any real change -- and that it should be common-sense that the actions they took were going to lead to a poor outcome (such as violence).

The second post I made was with my dissatisfaction towards people who complain about prejudice as if it's exclusive to one particular type of person. Every person in their life will experience prejudice to one degree or another and no person is excluded from such a thing. People need to STOP identifying themselves as part of a group of people who are being "attacked" and instead toughen up their will and stand up as an individual.

Please do not accuse me of being condescending because "I offered a different point of view, no matter how irrational". Fucking please. You started this nonsense by being a condescending twat.

Nahovil wrote:

From there you failed to comprehend my post and merely responded at how it "just confirmed [your] assessment" which was then proceeded by patriarchal society nonsense that had absolutely nothing to do with what I said at all.

You then proceeded to make assumptions about my race and gender -- as if it had any value at all towards my opinions or thoughts on the effectiveness of protest -- and then wrote my opinions off based solely on those assumptions. Talk about being sexist or racist or whatever.

When I refuted your "we the white male" bullshit and laid down my thoughts on individuality, you instead responded with nothing. A simple "you just proved my point" nothing of a response.

So yes, it is pointless to talk with you. You have failed at every level of this conversation.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 am

Sometimes for fun I just say I like ugly girls on tinder and then when we match I send them a message saying I liked them by accident.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonikku » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:18 am

Sonikku has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext