Favorite movie scenes

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Favorite movie scenes

Postby Axm » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 am

What are some of your favorite movie scenes?

Field of Dreams- The people will come speech by James Earl Jones.

phpBB [video]
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

-

Postby danny » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:09 am

-
Last edited by danny on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danny
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Re: Favorite movie scenes

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 am

:mrgreen:
the run-up, AND the nuclear exchange (probably mirvs) between russia, and UK from the 80's movie 'THREADS'.
showed an alternate reality, when rhetoric is followed through on, and the russians commit to an old grudge and settle the score.
UK is but a radioactive wasteland, where remainders of gvt authority ended up like mercenary pack animals and enslaved any surviving/well enough peoples to till the fields, and general labour for food. (YOU BASTARDS! ALL YOU'VE DONE IS CONQUER A CORPSE!)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:03 am

Die Hard: Yippee Kay Yay Motherfucker
phpBB [video]

The Dark Knight Rises: Rise
phpBB [video]

Snatch: "It was two minutes five minutes ago..."
phpBB [video]

The Dark Knight: The Joker's Proposition
phpBB [video]

Muppet's Christmas Carol: Best of Scrooge
NOTE: Scene ends at 12:45
phpBB [video]

Ace Venture When Nature Calls: Hi Ho Silver Away!
phpBB [video]

Pulp Fiction: Moment of Clarity
phpBB [video]

Mission Impossible 3: Bridge Attack
phpBB [video]

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Common Sense Prevails
phpBB [video]

Toy Story: Woody Cleanup
phpBB [video]

...and pretty much any scene where Captain Jack Sparrow either appears or is mentioned.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:05 am

Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glenn Ross. This scene just draws you in, it's really compelling. I like the dynamic of the dialogue and how (seemingly) spontaneous it is. Love how Alec Baldwin's character takes the piss out of those guys and always has the right comeback for them. My favorite moment probably is when the one guy asks him "What's your name?" and Baldiwn goes "FUCK YOU!!! That's my name. You drove here in a Hyundai tonight, I drove here in an $80,000 BMW, THAT'S my name!". Oh, and the brass balls joke in the end is as corny as it gets but it just makes me laugh every time I see it. Just pure awesomeness! 8)

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Hyo Razuki on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:14 am

(i get difficult ones.)
couldn't find the scenes to my above (film removed) and one is way too specific to find:
1, from 2012 the film, a motto by yuri the russian: if they want to dick you, they have to kill you first!
2, is the scene from aliens, a fair question from hudson the marine: how do i get out of this chicken shit outfit?
phpBB [video]
^^ i used that line at borstal, ended up in a real brawl with the staffs. was resolved :mrgreen: and that's why the clip is memorable to me.)
[edit]
corrections. (and the dojo is puking up more SQL errors this side, not experiencing such at other haunts...) :oops:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby rome » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:31 pm

phpBB [video]
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Ever been to one of those parties where a creepy pale guy comes up to you and says he is in your house right now?

phpBB [video]

Creepy homeless person behind diner [the way in which the tension gets ramped up in this scene is incredible, I remember being shook by this scene when I first saw it, since it doesn't fit in with the rest of the movie at all, it's like Lynch paying homage to Kafka here, or something, it's just nightmarish and bizarre]:

phpBB [video]

Taxi Driver - the climax:

phpBB [video]

Jacob's Ladder:

It's not on Youtube (due to copyright nazis) but it's the scene where Jacob is just minding his own business walking down a side road and then all of a sudden a car comes speeding around the corner and tries to kill him, he just manages to escape in time by diving into the side of the road and looks at the car, noticing this creepy demonic head looking right at him in slow-mo as it drives past and then he gets up and looks at the car and there's this bobbing head that's looking at him through the back window that looks like its decapitated, or something. That scene just gave me the chills when I saw it the first time. Crazy and unsettling. Everybody always talks about the train scene or the hospital scene, but that scene creeped me out the most.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:40 pm

^It annoy's me that I don't like David Lynch films. I love Twin Peaks and always find David Lynch as someone fascinating to listen to but Eraserhead, Lost Highway and Mullholland Drive just bored me to death. I watched the first 5 minutes of Wild at Heart and realized I wasn't in the mood. I gave Inland Empire about 10 minutes and could tell I wouldn't enjoy it. I'm still excited as hell for the next season of Twin Peaks.

phpBB [video]

This scene is just beautiful.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:05 pm

^ I totally understand what you're saying but don't blame yourself. You can't like everything. I personally have the same problem with Quentin Tarantino's stuff. I thought Pulp Fiction was great and Inglorious Bastards was OK but the rest of his works just don't do it for me.

I tried real hard to like Django and Kill Bill, even watched through Django and the first Kill Bill completely but I couldn't even watch the second Kill Bill. I think I also never even managed to finish watching any of his other movies. Tarantino always over-emphasizing extreme violence and quoting and quoting and quoting old movies over and over again just annoys me most of the time, with the two movies mentioned above being the only exceptions.

Not hating, I can understand if some people love his movies but personally I just can't stand most of them, no matter how hard I try.

PS: I'm a Lynch fan though. Mullholand Drive and Inland Empire are my favorites. :)
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:25 pm

I love Henry's picks

I have to say this one:

Sweet and Lowdown - I made a mistake:

phpBB [video]

Love the movie, just love it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby csmakio » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:35 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

csmakio has received a thanks from: Axm
csmakio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: csmakio

Postby Rakim » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:41 pm

One of the funniest scenes in all of cinema. From Bad Lieutenant.

phpBB [video]

"You ever suck a guy's cock?" :lol:
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:43 pm

csmakio wrote:
phpBB [video]

Kudos to the John Wick scene. Probably my favorite gauntlet of action from my favorite movie of last year. Ridiculous how great the action was in that flick. We need more like it.

Anyway, the assassination scene from Pale Flower. Spoilers, of course.

phpBB [video]

Obviously, in-context it means a lot more than what it might appear to from just watching that scene.
The movie itself is a strange sort of love story between this cynical yakuza and a girl who is, essentially, a bit of a thrill-seeker. Throughout the movie they never even kiss or express feeling for each other. But eventually the yakuza is tasked with (or rather, volunteers for) the killing of a rival boss, and in it, he finds a way to express his love for this girl; by granting her a thrill she might never find anywhere else, the thrill of seeing a man killed.
It's dark and morbid, but it's also extremely powerful and artistic in the way it's handled.
This is, to a great degree, pretty much a sex scene between the two, expressed through violence. Very unique, very intelligent.

Also, just a suggestion, but it might be nice if people actually explain why these scenes are some of their favorites, rather than just compiling a random list of videos. Words are good, yo.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:18 pm

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Mr357 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Next

Return to Off Topic