Upcoming DC and Marvel movie adaptions

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: All upcoming comic & manga to film adaptions until 2020

Postby Thief » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Easy to ignore? Hah, I wish. It'd be nice if I could put my head in the sand too but every forum I visit literally posts x100 gifs of Captain America "I understood that reference" and banners/posters/trailers everywhere when a new one is out. Sorry but the Marvel fanboys plaster that shit everywhere (and the news sites I frequent also) and it's impossible to ignore it.

Got to agree with Orange on this, Fox and DC/Warner Bros. don't overdo it to the extent with the marketing that Disney/Marvel do with theirs. People are practically programmed to like those movies anyway, I tend to find people just like whatever is new out nowadays anyway, just as long as there's fucktons of marketing behind it. I've literally been put off by the Marvel movies just on the fact that they try to ram it down my throat so much. It honestly puts me off in the end up, same goes for Star Wars.

The marketing, or the fanboys, have nothing to do with the actual films themselves or their quality. Who cares if you see stuff everywhere about it, if it doesn't interest you, then don't click on it or read. Maybe you're easily annoyed, I don't know, but it doesn't bother me at all. I treat it the same as anything else I don't care much about.

Thief has received a thanks from: Monkei
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Upcoming DC and Marvel movie adaptions

Postby Monkei » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:08 am

2017 update: I'm at work right now and got literally (correct use of the term) nothing to do, so I updated my little baby, added whatever new info I could find, took everything that's not DC or Marvel out and added a small TBA section at the end, for stuff that's kinda officially announced but doesn't have a release date yet.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:15 am

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:48 pm

Sorry for triple posting, won't post in here anymore unless someone else does. Final attempt at keeping this alive. :p

Sssssssick new Logan trailer.

phpBB [video]

EDIT: German fun fact: After the title of The Wolverine was changed to Wolverine: Weg des Kriegers (=Wolverine: Way of the Warrior) for the German version, Logan will now be called Logan: The Wolverine overhere. Don't ask me. Captain America: The Winter Soldier was The Return of the First Avenger. Holy shit, right? That's not even a proper movie title at all. What's going on? Civil war was The First Avenger: Civil War. The fucking first avenger. Jesus fuck.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:02 pm

Ben Affleck is no longer directing The Batman. :???:

Ben Affleck has decided to step down as director of “The Batman” and remain on as a producer and star of the project.

Affleck is still on board to play the superhero, but sources close to the talent said Affleck and Warner Bros. discussed how to make the best film possible and this was the decision both parties came to.

“There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions,” Affleck said in a statement. “Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”

Affleck and Warner Bros. will now begin searching for a new director.

“Warner Bros. fully supports Ben Affleck’s decision and remains committed to working with him to bring a standalone Batman picture to life,” the studio said a statement.

Affleck has completed work as the Caped Crusader in “Justice League,” which opens Nov. 17, and he was preparing to go into prep on the solo “Batman” movie this summer. Affleck co-wrote the script with Geoff Johns.

There had been rumblings that Affleck was considering not directing the film during the past month, but in recent weeks sources say the multi-hyphenate came to the decision it was best to let the directing job go and focus on playing the part.

He first appeared as the superhero in last year’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ben-a ... 201971566/
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:44 pm

Is that bad ??

I haven't seen whatever batman he was in... So I really just like to follow the heard (herd ?)

No espeako inglish

EDIT: There seems to be high stakes for the wonderwoman movie, that's nice.

EDIT2: maybe the next wonderwoman is actually very good and they're not trying to make justice leaguebullshit.
I would like that. Marvel did to some of the most inane characters come to life in their later iterations (apart from X-men that had some really good genesis), that DC needs to get their shit spot on (specially since dark knight joker, such a delight, one of the movies classics, in a real wauy).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:56 pm

shredingskin wrote: Is that bad ??

It is to those of us that were looking forward to seeing a movie directed by Batman himself.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:59 am

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer. He's shown himself to be a solid director, and he actually does have a love for comics, so I was excited to see all that develop into something (hopefully) worthwhile.
All the same, he's already played a major role in planning the movie, contributing to the script, casting, all that jazz, and he obviously has a handle on playing the character himself. So in a way, as long as he's there, he's still kind of supervising. He's just not the guy who has to corral the actors and staff through the whole thing, then stare at screens throughout the editing process.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Monkei wrote: Image

Where's Green Lantern?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thief » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:03 pm

^ taking the picture

Thief has received 3 thanks from: Monkei, OL, Sonikku
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:01 am

:lol:

He sadly won't be introduced yet. A Green Lantern Corps movie, currently being described as "Lethal Weapon in space" featuring Hal Jordan and John Stewart (hell yeah) is set for a 2020 release. None of the roles have been cast yet. So if we'll get something Green Lantern in the Justice League movie at all, it probably won't be more than a glimpse, or the corps being mentioned, something like that.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:46 am

So this is out now and ended up getting good reviews. The next movie from the list coming out is Logan on March 3.

February 10, 2017

The Lego Batman Movie
Distributed by: Warner Bros.
Directed by: Chris McKay
Written by: Seth Grahame-Smith, Chris McKenna
Starring: Will Arnett, Zach Galifianakis, Ralph Fiennes
IMDB Link
phpBB [video]

And another Justice League photo that was tweeted these days:

Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:16 am

Sucks that The Batman is having so many issues right now but I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman, Justice League, Guardians 2 and Logan this year
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby dwaynewalker0191 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:56 am

Going to watch them all.
Curious about the Spider-Man movie.

Watch Logan online
dwaynewalker0191