Politics

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Politics

Postby Mr. Frozen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:38 am

mrandyk wrote:The number of connections that Trump's people have to the Russians can't be brushed off. He could come out of this whole thing innocent, but there is an incredible amount of smoke surrounding the whole thing. Robert Mueller wouldn't be leading a special counsel investigating Russian involvement if there was no substance. There will be sensational clickbait and baseless articles out there, but it is our job to vet our sources and block out those publishing (actually) fake news.

I would be more outraged at the exposed corruption of the DNC if I could count on the RNC to be any less corrupt. I'm sure the RNC had similarly appalling internal emails about stopping the outsider from stealing the nomination. The Republicans are publicly exhibiting gross corruption right now by actively seeking to downscale health care in the name of self-profit and petty partisan grudges. Both organizations are career politicians working, for the most part, to pursue their own selfish interests. We would be wise to distance ourselves from these institutions and elect people who truly wish to improve our nation.

There is proof of he DNC corruption. I will not disagree you on the possibility corrupt republican officials, but let us not make this a game of us vs them. I'll be willing to point out the RNC's bullshit right along with the DNC's. There is zero reason for the average voter to hold allegiance to any political party.

Anyway, the Russia stuff is full of flimsy connections, and frivolous investigations are nothing new to the US government. I am too lazy to compile a list right now, but I can if you so desire. People with power and money in the US can put anyone they like under investigation, regardless of how flimsy the evidence may be. The ruling never matters. The damage done during the "investigation" through media coverage is what shapes public opinion. Trump will most likely be declared innocent, but people will still consider him not trustful because that is the idea that the media has implanted in the brains of anyone who is willing to listen.

Off the top of my head, the "evidence" about Trump's Russian ties are stupid stuff like Trump sitting next to a Russian official 20 years ago, or maybe he spoke to a Russian diplomat 15 years ago. Trump was an international businessman for multiple years so of course he would have foreign contacts. Also Trump is a man who believes strongly in capitalism for capitalism is what made him the man he is today. Of course he is going to associate himself with others who have international relationships. Just being in the same room as someone that you feel is the enemy is not enough to convict them of any crime.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:53 am

mrandyk wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote:
mrandyk wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote:
Mr357 wrote:
mrandyk wrote:You think that a foreign country influencing our election isn't important? Don't make this a partisan issue. Everyone is affected here.

The issue is that there's no evidence of anything of that sort happening, yet the media outlets drone on about it 7 days a week because it's great for their ratings. They do not care about the truth or real journalism.

Exactly. There is also the obvious bias that ignores other problems that have been proven, such as the DNC deliberately manipulating their own election while trying to maintain the impression that it is a fair contest. This whole unsubstantiated Russia nonsense only exists because the DNC wanted to divert the attention from the e-mail leaks.

No evidence? The CIA has publicly stated that the Russians hacked the DNC servers with the intent of helping to elect Trump. A foreign power worked to influence our election, and that is entirely unacceptable.

The only evidence they have is that basically a Russian IP was used, and perhaps some code was compiled in a Russian time zone. To Netflix I am British whenever I want to watch Dr. Who. Their "evidence" is as flimsier than a wet noodle. If the media really cared about Russian influence, this would've been priority news for literally every single presidential election since the cold war.

I'm not saying that foreign powers interfering in the election, but the US is a superpower and has the attention of many people. As voters, we have more important things to worry about such as the policies that are being passed right now that are influencing our daily life. Talk about how shit you think the replacement to Obamacare is, or how you think our elected officials are trying to make the rich richer, but don't waste your time on this Russian nonsense. Hell, what about what this whole Russia nonsense is trying to coverup - the blatant corruption of the DNC? Corruption that officials in office RIGHT NOW took part in? The Russia narrative is beneficial for the media because it keeps people's mind preoccupied with something that they can fabricate whatever wishy washy nonsense they want, which keeps eyeballs on their news articles and television channels. That is literally the only power the media has, to influence what you are thinking about, and they have gotten very effective at it. Don't let them manipulate you.

The number of connections that Trump's people have to the Russians can't be brushed off. He could come out of this whole thing innocent, but there is an incredible amount of smoke surrounding the whole thing. Robert Mueller wouldn't be leading a special counsel investigating Russian involvement if there was no substance. There will be sensational clickbait and baseless articles out there, but it is our job to vet our sources and block out those publishing (actually) fake news.

I would be more outraged at the exposed corruption of the DNC if I could count on the RNC to be any less corrupt. I'm sure the RNC had similarly appalling internal emails about stopping the outsider from stealing the nomination. The Republicans are publicly exhibiting gross corruption right now by actively seeking to downscale health care in the name of self-profit and petty partisan grudges. Both organizations are career politicians working, for the most part, to pursue their own selfish interests. We would be wise to distance ourselves from these institutions and elect people who truly wish to improve our nation.

Oh my god, yes. Trump is a shit but the Democrats are NO FUCKING BETTER. Same goes with the Republicans.

And what's the endgame? Impeaching him? And then we get Pence? A basically much scarier version of Trump because he can actually get away with all the same fuckary other presidents (including Trump) before him did since the fucking '70s with a plastic smile and a clean demeanor? And the MSM would hardly be holding him accountable? Fuck that.

The guys were right in saying there is no released evidence of any kind of rigging or collusion. Even if there was, what's the evidence again? Oh yeah, Hillary Clinton and the DNC were rigging the primary against Sanders by means of intentional smear jobs, bias from the media, and refusing to participate in democracy by holding CLOSED PRIMARIES in states where Sanders could've won. When I voted for him, it was INTENTIONALLY difficult to do so. My ballot never came in the mail and a random person at the voting site had to point out I needed a SPECIFIC ballot to vote for him. Nevermind certain places were closed out to only registered Democrats (which thank God i'm not).

The whole thing's a stinker and the only way for us to move forward is to hobble the corporate Democrats in 2018 by voting out their sellout leaders and installing real progressive candidates that will push for single payer healthcare, marijuana legalization, closing awful trade deals, increase domestic infrastructure, and more useful things that will help the American people than just TALK ABOUT FUCKING RUSSIA EVERY FUCKING DAY FOR AN ALLEGATION THAT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN TO BE TRUE IN THE FORM OF EVIDENCE TO THE PUBLIC OVER LEAKED INFORMATION THE PUBLIC SHOULD'VE BEEN AWARE OF IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Will you lot stop discussing politics and start fucking arguing? Jesus christ I've been waiting eight months for it to kick off!

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: sand4fish
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:33 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Will you lot stop discussing politics and start fucking arguing? Jesus christ I've been waiting eight months for it to kick off!

What are you smoking? Since when there was any arguing EVER on Dojo? That kinda of crazy talk gets people banned. [-X
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KiBa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:23 am

Arguing used to be the point of the Dojo through that long dark decade of hopelessness. People are at their best when things are at their worst, and I really failed as a human being during that entire period. I deeply regret any harm I caused here. The spirit of my posts was always far less than serious, but I didn't understand propriety and proportion before I turned 30, and I dread the thought of having personally distressed anyone, let alone a fellow Shenmue traveler.

mrandyk wrote:Please share your sources on any elected officials advocating for state run media and an outright ban on social media.

I only said the establishment (not only the government, but the fourth estate and media and academia) have generally "all but suggested" centralized control. Politicians generally know better than to say what they mean. Journalists are openly accusing other journalists of fraud, but what's worse is their attempt to use private capital to regulate online anonymity -- the most important liberal speech-right of the 21st century -- by threatening political opponents with public exposure. The media is overwhelmingly stoking the fires of discontent by overloading entertainment and dramatic arts with post-satirical cynicism turned brutal political propaganda. Academia contains an enormous amount of vocal opponents of free speech. And last but not least, JJ is ruining both Trek and Wars, and no one in Hollywood has the spaceballs to stop him. These are dark times, my friend. Black as pitch.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:24 am

Tbh, now that you mention it, I still didn't think it was cool you brought up my family that one time we were arguing about religion years ago.

Just wanted to be petty about it and mention it.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:39 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Will you lot stop discussing politics and start fucking arguing? Jesus christ I've been waiting eight months for it to kick off!

Too old for that shit.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiBa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:54 pm

Kenny wrote: Tbh, now that you mention it, I still didn't think it was cool you brought up my family that one time we were arguing about religion years ago.

KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:46 pm

It really kills me to see all this:

phpBB [video]

Where does journalism dies and propaganda begins ??

You can see most of the comments thinking ¨this is REAL news¨ and whatnot.

How the fuck can people agree in any basic important thing, it they literally live in another "version" of reality ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby KiBa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:58 am

Your questions presuppose that the concepts of 'truth' and 'reality' are given, or foundational, and that humans gaze upon the same reality together first, and then make decisions. But mind does not precede matter, so to speak. 'Truth' and 'reality' are functions of the brain, not the brain a function of reality. Therefore, nature could be generating a different world out of every brain, and that is why there is and always has been never-ending conflict. The people whose brains have been determined to know these facts are even now developing the technology to unify human consciousnesses. When they succeed and activate the process, our species' civil war will at last end, and there will be universal harmony among us till the end of the universe.

phpBB [video]

KiBa has received a thanks from: OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:36 pm

KiBa wrote:
Kenny wrote: Tbh, now that you mention it, I still didn't think it was cool you brought up my family that one time we were arguing about religion years ago.

Water under the bridge now, bruh.

Kenny has received a thanks from: KiBa
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 am

phpBB [video]

Fuck, this makes me so sad.

They had an amazing chance to grow, they just fucked it up.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 am

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/892494677823434753

That audio is a bit long, but all you ned to know is that a real investigative journalist pretty much confirmed that the FBI knew that Seth Rich was the source of the DNC leaks, which is the whole thing that started this Trump Russian collusion bullshit. Problem with wikileaks is that they don't verify anything (they hinted that Seth Rich was the source for the leaks, but they never reveal their sources so they never directly said it, which is why they posted the audio file, to show that someone else came to the conclusion that Seth Rich was the leaker), but all of their leaks have been 100% correct.

I would like some solid proof to be made public, though. How about you get your hands on that FBI report, wikileaks?
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Good luck illegally streaming anime now lmao
south carmain