Politics

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Politics

Postby Axm » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Can't help but feel more at risk of a World War 3 and being bombed to hell in Japan. We got U.S and Japanese Military base not too far from me and just the fact I live in the closest major city to China and North Korea.

Not like we couldn't shoot some of the missles out of the sky before they land but you know, thats still an act of war. That or we are doing the shooting in the first place.

Just a fear I have. Trump isn't level headed.
Looks he'd declare war over twitter at 2am in his jammies.

Axm has received a thanks from: RenDur89
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Re: Politics

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Mr. Frozen wrote: to decisively end the war on terror, the rest of the world will improve due to the lack of terrorist attacks, but that is it.

Well if it means less instances of opposition to "regimes" the US doesn't like getting support, then that's a big +1 for me. I'm not even an American, but since the UK insists on being wherever the action is, and we don't really have an economy that can support that sort of thing anymore, stopping our involvement in such activities would be fine with me.

It would mean I'd have less bare faced lies by my politicians to listen to also, pretending they care about Muslims killing other types of Muslims thousands of miles away!

It's not just the money either, I find the whole concept of what they do in these situations pretty horrible.

Not sure how Trump is gonna improve it mind you, since isn't a decent chunk of the USA's income from weapon sales? If so many jobs rely on that, and he wants to provide more jobs, well.......
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Axm wrote: Can't help but feel more at risk of a World War 3 and being bombed to hell in Japan. We got U.S and Japanese Military base not too far from me and just the fact I live in the closest major city to China and North Korea.

Not like we couldn't shoot some of the missles out of the sky before they land but you know, thats still an act of war. That or we are doing the shooting in the first place.

Just a fear I have. Trump isn't level headed.
Looks he'd declare war over twitter at 2am in his jammies.

Surely Hilary talking about "nuclear first strikes" with the conversation aimed in Russia's direction, as well as her other antagonism towards them, was an even worse prospect? Russia doesn't really have the armed forces to go trying to conquer everything, but if someone else attacked them first, then they DO still have a pretty sizeable arsenal of nukes available, along with ways of launching them.

I think China is enjoying their economy right now and don't want to start BAD nuclear trouble with Japan. North Korea is a different story by the looks of it, but I am also of the mind that China will let him push his luck for a while, but when he does something REALLY stupid, they will move in and neuter him, rather than let the rest of the world attack and then occupy their close neighbour...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Monkei
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Politics

Postby Axm » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Not like I trusted Hillary that much either, but she's not the same type of over-reacting sensitive child Trump is.

In terms of China, they continue to build the artificial islands, posture, enter Japanese and other countries waters. I see it in the news here all the time. Its the biggest concern I have atm and I don't trust a Trump backed military to keep cool when challenged. Even my father who is in the Navy tells me Trump gives him more of a sense of empowerment.
Not like I don't want the U.S military to stand ground/waters when challenged cause I do, but when you have a commander giving orders just trying to think what Trump would want him to do, the thin red line gets alot thinner.
If we don't fight another war besides against ISIS in the next 4-8 years ill be surprised.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby myshtuff » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Sonikku wrote: And net neutrality is dead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ajit-pai-ne ... ent-trump/

America is dead*

Fixed that for you...
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Mr. Frozen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:58 pm

That is a pick I definitely do not like.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Axm wrote: Not like I trusted Hillary that much either, but she's not the same type of over-reacting sensitive child Trump is.

In terms of China, they continue to build the artificial islands, posture, enter Japanese and other countries waters. I see it in the news here all the time. Its the biggest concern I have atm and I don't trust a Trump backed military to keep cool when challenged. Even my father who is in the Navy tells me Trump gives him more of a sense of empowerment.
Not like I don't want the U.S military to stand ground/waters when challenged cause I do, but when you have a commander giving orders just trying to think what Trump would want him to do, the thin red line gets alot thinner.
If we don't fight another war besides against ISIS in the next 4-8 years ill be surprised.

Meh, some of Trump's businesses make things in China, so I'm sure he'll give them all a pass. ;-)

ISIS could have been significantly less of a problem if Saudi Arabia was the target instead of Syria. Even just sanctioning them and America buying their oil elsewhere would have been an improvement!
That said, I still agree, I'll be surprised if there are none of these interventions in the next four years too.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:27 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby b_ren » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Still one of my favourite Trump videos:

phpBB [video]
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:07 am

Ziming wrote:
phpBB [video]

(((Trump)))

Fucking just build the fucking temple and stop this religion bullshit.

Maybe the wall is an euphemism for solomon's temple ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:52 am

b_ren wrote: Still one of my favourite Trump videos:

phpBB [video]

Is that the fucking Celestial Emissary on the right?! His face is like an aspirin on a frisbee :lol:
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:37 am

lets get away from US's politics for a moment and lets talk about globalization.

On paper, globalization is a no brainier. Utilize the world resources to create goods for cheaper prices.
However, the impact on the people itself is ignored. Local cultures are destroyed because the young people see richer cultures and aspire to be like them. The young people who exist in the richer countries are taught to accept people from cultures from all around the world and ignore their culture as a result because of cultural acceptance of wtfever you want to call it. At the end of day, no one really has any culture, which I think is a bad thing. Culture is basically a social contract that is regionally specific. Social awkwardness is avoided due to expectations that align with cultural customs and traditions, which I think will lead to more happiness.

When labor becomes globalized, the effects of an individuals actions don't become as obvious. I think for most people, if the effects of pollution isn't immediately apparent then there is no reason to curb the behavior that encourages environmental destruction. I mean, I wouldn't buy from Jim up the street if the pollution generated from his shenanigans is constantly making me sick. However, I wouldn't really give a shit if little Chang in China died making my smartphone because I probably wouldn't hear about it.

I think people are finally seeing that globalization leads to an unhappy population, which is why people in the US voted for Trump, and why the UK voted to leave the EU, and other countries in the EU may follow suit soon. For globalization to work, economic and social globalization will need to occur. Social globalization requires indoctrinating the young with certain social ideals and customs. I think the social indoctrination was attempted, but there was absolutely zero regard for social customs. I'll reiterate: The entire point of culture is to establish a set of social rules that everyone agrees upon to make sure everyone's social messages are interpreted correctly. Children are told to respect all cultures but there is no replacement, which leads to confusion and unpredictable results. Honestly I think videos liek this should've continued through the years, but are rejected because of globalization (they impose traditional US culture, which will offend immigrants), oddly enough.

phpBB [video]
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:47 am

shredingskin wrote:(((Trump)))

Fucking just build the fucking temple and stop this religion bullshit.

Maybe the wall is an euphemism for solomon's temple ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now I'm watching Emily Youcis videos. It's all zimming's fault.

Sadly the left was left behind in terms of creativity, I guess that happens when you try to be a status quo radical.

EDIT: wow,thanks zimming, the Rise of Alfred was fucking amazing.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby InsanityIsCrazy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:21 am

Not so fast.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydownes ... fd04b54c7f

The near-universal misreporting of Pai’s true views on net neutrality is in part an example of the kind of sloppy reporting of the kind Nate Silver, reflecting on coverage of the Presidential campaign, recently characterized as “including pervasive groupthink among media elites, an unhealthy obsession with the insider’s view of politics, a lack of analytical rigor, a failure to appreciate uncertainty, a sluggishness to self-correct when new evidence contradicts pre-existing beliefs, and a narrow viewpoint that lacks perspective from the longer arc of American history.”

I'm more than willing to believe that biased media, especially online media, is jumping the gun on this guy. Our press needs a much-deserved lobotomy.

Oh, and since the article mentioned ol' Natey, behold:

InsanityIsCrazy has received 3 thanks from: Mr. Frozen, Mr357, Raithos
InsanityIsCrazy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: InsanityIsCrazy
Currently playing: Some Gizmo

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic