Politics

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Politics

Postby Sonne2 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:57 pm

b_ren wrote:
phpBB [video]

heh, hillary supporters know how we felt when bernie lost. Serves the DNC right. They shot themselves in the foot when they went all out to make bernie sanders look bad, now they're suffering in defeat.

Sonne2 has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Raithos, Sonikku, St. Elmo's Fire
Sonne2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby b_ren » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:26 pm

phpBB [video]
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:48 pm

Donald Trump is Time magazine's "Person of the year". :D

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... f-the-year
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Yeah well... I was Time Magazine's person of the year in 2006. [-X
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Almost always, like consistently since it began, the President Elect is named Times "Person" of the year. So was Hitler in 1938 and Stalin in 39 AND 42 fyi.. Khrushchev in 57 the Ayatollah in 79
The person of the year doesn't denote anything positive. Just impactful. I'm surprised Osama Bin Laden wasn't in 2001.
No doubt Trump will take this strait to his hyuge ego.

Axm has received a thanks from: Mr357
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: MaxTheRabbit, sand4fish, St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:52 am

Trump's vocabulary is tremendous.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:04 pm

I would have never guessed that "The Apprentice" would become this huge in US to hit this scale. Now that the new setting for the show is the White House, anyone dare to guess who will be the next "contestant" to be yelled "you're fired."?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mikec_ct » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:52 pm

sand4fish wrote: I would have never guessed that "The Apprentice" would become this huge in US to hit this scale. Now that the new setting for the show is the White House, anyone dare to guess who will be the next "contestant" to be yelled "you're fired."?

A few contestants come to mind -- all will be fired eventually but not sure who's on the chopping block first:

Our climate
Medicare and Social Security
Working people
Safe drinking water
Public schools

mikec_ct has received a thanks from: Sonikku
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 pm

mikec_ct wrote: A few contestants come to mind -- all will be fired eventually but not sure who's on the chopping block first:

Our climate
Medicare and Social Security
Working people
Safe drinking water
Public schools

Well, as long as the 1% thrives in the end, the human race will live on and America will be great again. :D
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr357 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 pm

mikec_ct wrote:Public schools

Education is none of the federal government's business.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ziming » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:14 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:20 am

I can appreciate the point of view from both sides. On the one hand if some on the left want media scrutinized for reporting nonfactual information as fact then it could be construed as eroding the first amendment. On the other hand, the info wars systematically reporting false information for the sake of swaying public opinion to driving personal agendas is not something trivial that can be safely ignored and disregarded either.

A lot of people really, genuinely believe things like the Pope endorsing Trump or Hillary plotting to render private property invalid and evict Americans from their homes to award their seized houses to the State. Blatantly false stories that involve taking a picture of someone and slapping some damning text on them are surprisingly and damningly effective when posted and reshared endlessly on Facebook. Certainly not effective at pulling the wool over the eyes of an American majority, but propaganda enough to feed the couple of percentiles in between that sway elections.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, Ziming
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:00 am

So, apparently some internet troll emailed a congressman (John Mcain, maybe? I don't really remember) some fanfic he wrote. The fanfic was in the form of a UK intelligence report that said all sort of crazy things about Trump and his collusion with the Russian. I think at one point there was a detailed account of how trump performed sexual anime (hentai) acts for the Russians??? It was forwarded to the FBI or some shit and then eventually buzzfeed got a hold of it and posted it yesterday because they have literally no standards. I skimmed over the "report", and I immediately dismissed it as nonsense. In my recent past I spent some time in the US intelligence community where I wrote and read thousands of intel reports, including ones from nations that are part of five eyes. That bullshit report had its classification way the fuck off (it was classified as confidential, in the UK classification system it should've been classified as Secret at least since it dealt with a potential future president), the style of writing was way the fuck off from any UK intel document I read, and the formatting was just flat out wrong. Anyone with any sort of expertise would be able to immediately spot it as a fake, including any sort of respectable journalist. That is probably why CNN distanced themselves from it during the initial article, they knew that there was no way they could verify that load of crap.

Last night CNN placed a link to the buzzfeed article, which was based off that bogus document along with some other Russia nonsense on their front page last night. Earlier today Trump held a press conference. At the beginning of the conference Pence, and some other dude who I don't remember immediately denounced the media. During the Q&A session of the conference, he denied CNN any questions, saying they were "fake news" I thought it was all pretty hilarious and very well warranted. It is a nice change from the cloak and dagger doubletalking bullshit that the government and their intelligence agencies have been pulling for nearly the past 3 decades. Fuck, now that I think about it that has been my entire life (I turn 30 in 6 days)

EDIT: I should post links, I think

Buzzfeed article
CNN's article(they edited this morning, I can't find the original version of the article they posted last night. Take note that at the end of the video in the article that they say that they cannot confirm the allegations)
full press conference
Last edited by Mr. Frozen on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 am

And while everyone is going crazy about these shenanigans, his picks will sail through congress without the proper vetting Mitch was so obsessed with when it was Obama's turn. I hear Trump now wants an Anti-vaxxer to chair a commission on vaccine safety. Along with appointing a Rick Perry to a part of government he wants to disband, a climate change denier to the head of EPA (China air, here we come) a woman with nothing but animosity towards public schools as the head of public education, an exxon mobil ceo for secretary of state. You just can't make this shit up. I'm beginning to wonder if all the shenanigans are nothing more than bait for the media to serve as a smoke screen for the things actually worthy of our attention.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic