Blade Runner 2049

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:15 am

redline wrote:
GYO6161 wrote: can i watch this one or is the original one necessary? :-k

i would say yes.

the original is a classic, i highly recommend it but make sure to watch the directors cut of blade runner. (the standard movie, which i dont even know if you can get(?) has harrison ford narrating the whole movie and was originally a flop at the box office)

+ IMO the movie is not about harrisons ford's character its about humanoid androids who almost become human. so watching the original one will give you a better idea of the "world".. also the actor, Rutger Hauer is amazing in the film.

it's no doubt by far rutger hauers best ever performance and one of the best ever performances in movies. his role is timeless and so strong
Last edited by drunkensailor on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Monkei » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:26 am

^ Haven't seen the original Blade Runner (I know, I know), but I liked Hauer in Hobo with a Shotgun! :D

Monkei has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby punkmanced » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:56 am

Resurrecting this topic, as the movie has not only been released...but is on its way to becoming a cult favorite, much like the original.

As far as I'm concerned, I thought it was flippin' incredible.

punkmanced has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 am

Based on the trailers and Hollywood's (and Ridley Scott's) tendency to produce garbage reboots, I fully expected this film to be a massive pile of shit. I've rarely been so glad to be proven wrong. I loved it, and the more I think about it, the more I appreciate the brilliance that went into it.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Amir » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:30 am

Mr357 wrote: Based on the trailers and Hollywood's (and Ridley Scott's) tendency to produce garbage reboots, I fully expected this film to be a massive pile of shit. I've rarely been so glad to be proven wrong. I loved it, and the more I think about it, the more I appreciate the brilliance that went into it.

I was hesitant to see it when Ridley Scott said he was gonna direct it as I really did not care for Robin Hood or Prometheus. Then when it was announced Denis Villeneuve would direct, I checked out Sicario, Prisoners, Enemy, Incendies, and Arrival, and got hyped. Seen 2049 twice in cinemas now.

Amir has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:59 am

It was an absolute joy to watch and I was enthralled, especially since Gosling has now made me proud 3 times straight (Drive, Gangster Town, now this) for his performance.

Just a wonderful script and wonderful twists and the like, I think its better than the original...

But I always like the original more ;)
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:00 am

drunkensailor wrote:
redline wrote:
GYO6161 wrote: can i watch this one or is the original one necessary? :-k

i would say yes.

the original is a classic, i highly recommend it but make sure to watch the directors cut of blade runner. (the standard movie, which i dont even know if you can get(?) has harrison ford narrating the whole movie and was originally a flop at the box office)

+ IMO the movie is not about harrisons ford's character its about humanoid androids who almost become human. so watching the original one will give you a better idea of the "world".. also the actor, Rutger Hauer is amazing in the film.

it's no doubt by far rutger hauers best ever performance and one of the best ever performances in movies. his role is timeless and so strong

That's fine its its your opinion, but objectively, I don't even think it would rank in a top 100.
Truck_1_0_1_

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Thief » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:16 pm

A performance can't be objectively good or bad.

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby punkmanced » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Saw this one again in theaters a couple days ago. Movie gets even better with repeated viewings.

It certainly isn't immune from criticism...but, regardless, I wouldn't hesitate to call it a modern masterpiece.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Off Topic