More money more problems

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

More money more problems

Postby King John Blaze » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Ahhh life. Full of contradictions, stresses and straight up bull shit. From day one you are told study hard, go to university, get a job, buy the house, get the wife so you can have children and be a contributer to society.

Some people do this swimmingly where others, like me, end up in weird limbo type situation. A precarious situation, where you're successful enough to initially achieve the stereotypical successes in life, but not successful enough to live life comfortably.

Found my love at 23, engaged 25, homeowner 26 and married 27. Good job and always being praised by the family of what a great example I am. Great being me right?

So, wife is pregnant and a month before she is due the boss sits me down and tells me my role isn't working and a decision needs to be made. Not the best news in any situation, but a baby on the way and a mortgage to pay (as the wife has stopped working) makes things so much worst.

Not knowing whether I'm going to be fired tomorrow, next week or given the rest of the month I am stressed, pissed the fuck off and falling ever into a deeper depression. I find myself at a family dinner and decide to make the announcement that my wife is due (as she's 30 weeks and people keep asking where she is), only to be abused by my bitch-cousins who are giving me stick for leaving the announcement so late. Fuck them.

Then I start looking at them and going into my promised-myself-not-to-think-like-this-again judgemental self. Thinking how none of them work, have more children than me, and at a much younger age, and live in a house that is bigger than mine but don't have to pay the the almost £2,000 a month in mortgages, council tax and bills to keep a roof over their damn heads. So all that hard work and for fucking what? Yes, in 25 fucking years I won't have a mortgage to pay and own my own home whilst they...damn it, there's not much of a difference is there? They'll still be living in a house for free and not having to lift much of a finger for all there recreation and fancy goods.

Meanwhile me, the fucking model for society, has to constantly work my ass off to make sure my house does not get repossessed. I don't get any assistance from the government when I need it, despite paying tens of thousands of pounds in taxes over the past decade where as if I fucking irresponsibly had a thousand children and not worked a single day in my life, I would be living in a mansion rent free by now.

More money, more problems. The bigger you are the harder you fall. Maybe I'm the sucker? The idiot borrowing money to buy a house and end up paying back twice as much as your borrowed in the end where you could have just been put up somewhere for free. The sucker working 5 days a week (and on my days off) in a highly pressured job to make ends meet where I could be lounging in my garden paddling pool and collecting benefits. The twat who decided to have children once I had a home, some savings and a job where I could have just done it much earlier and be given a bigger house each time I had another child.

So, as I prepare to see a therapist on Monday to discuss my depression and the fact I'm losing my job at the worst possible time, I just want to say a huge FUCK YOU to all the fucking scroungers out there who are living a stress free life of my taxes and popping out children left, right and centre without having to worry about losing your home, dignity or damaging your reputation (because you fucking don't have any) . I applaud you. Somehow, some really unjust fucking way, you're smarter than me. You've played the system better than me and for that I fucking applaud you =D> =D> =D>
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: More money more problems

Postby Monkei » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:50 am

I don't like your stupid cousins man.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 am

Damn so still waiting if you got canned out of work or no?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:30 am

How do your cousins get a bigger house with no work off of just government aid?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Well I'd say you were justified in being annoyed by your "bitch cousins" ('cos that'd annoy me too).
But, you should be less depressed by the fact that you actually HAVE worked for it all and done it yourself without any help. And yeah, I wonder the same as Sonikku, how do they have a bigger house just on benefits? If you're paying that much on a mortgage I bet yours is at least "nicer" or in a nicer area than their's is, even if their's is bigger...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby King John Blaze » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:09 am

Sorry for the rant guys, I just had to get it of my chest. I am just so tired, so burnt out...so defeated. I appreciate all the good fortune I have had but it would just be so nice to have a break, you know what I mean? I have been working non-stop since I was 16 and at times worked 2 jobs at the same time. For a 4 month stretch I worked close to 80 hours a week and literally had no day off during that time. Even when I finally just had one job, I was working flat out.

And yes, I do have the beautiful wife, car, house and soon to be child to show for it but I am just so stressed out. I am not happy. Life is not easy but I wish it would at least ease up for me a little. It's like for every W(inning) point I get, it brings on 10 more points of stress and depression.

In regards to the question around housing, in the UK if you are not working (and especially if you have children) who are put up in a house. The more children you have, the bigger the house you are given to accommodate for them. There are plenty of stories online but one stands out for me. A women with 12 children were given two neighboring terraced houses to live in and after complaining about having to go outside in order to go into each house, they council converted the two houses into one. I don't have to worry about such people but when you are suffering like I am and you look to the side to see such scroungers and a government who have got their priorities mixed up when it comes to which people to support, you can't help but get further annoyed.

Axm wrote: Damn so still waiting if you got canned out of work or no?

Yep, and a very awkward situation. Boss has been sick since Friday so haven't heard from him. Since then I have put my head down and continued my work, getting meetings in the diary and so on. I do have an interview next week. I have a couple mates who already work there but it's not the place I would typically like to work, it's also a significant step backwards in regards to salary and role. But beggars can't be choosers.

The weird situation I am foreseeing is being offered the new job and still not knowing whether I will be leaving this place next week or next month. I have a months notice so as long as I can get to the end of March without being fired or forced to resign, that would be ideal. Give me time with the baby before I have to take up a less flexible job.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:58 am

Personally I prefer More Money, More Murder, More Homicide.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Return to Off Topic