What you up to nowadays?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What you up to nowadays?

Postby Sokora » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello all... HAI.

Hope you're all doing good, I drop by every now and again to see how the "man dem" (I think that's how you're supposed to say it) are doing.

I'm doing ok, got married, bought a house, planning to try for an offspring soon. The idea of it fills me with fucking dread but I'm sure it'll be cool when it becomes real.

I still play games, like the fucking manchildren WE ALL ARE, I struggle to stay engaged with the majority though. I found The Last Guardian boring (I KNOW!!!). Horizon: Zero Dawn was pretty good though.

Other than that, I do genuinely find myself getting old. As in nothing compares to "back in the day". Rose tinted spectacles galore, and that's a shame. But then I get that for things only a couple of years ago so maybe it's a mixture of being afraid of the unknown and hankering for nostalgia? Who knows?

EDIT - I might regret this but whatever; I've also experienced some mental health issues. Nothing too severe, depression and anxiety really. Predominantly anxiety, which is quite weird as through my 20s the bravado and arrogance was paramount. Things change when you get older though, I needed to talk to professionals to try and sort my shit out, no guarantee that's actually happened but if anyone needs to have a chinwag with someone that's experienced similar then get in touch. It's not easy.

Blah. Talking shite again.

Ciao for now.

Dan QWERTY

Sokora has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby south carmain » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:47 am

Sokora wrote: Predominantly anxiety, which is quite weird as through my 20s the bravado and arrogance was paramount.

The anxiety is probably a consequence of all the drugs you took in the past.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sokora » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:41 pm

south carmain wrote:
Sokora wrote: Predominantly anxiety, which is quite weird as through my 20s the bravado and arrogance was paramount.

The anxiety is probably a consequence of all the drugs you took in the past.

Goes without saying mate! My first panic attack was experienced due to a bad acid trip while I was travelling. That pretty much switched on the anxiety for me but it was after having a coke fuelled weekend that I experienced a serious panic attack at work on the following Monday that shit got severe. Things are much better now, I’ve calmed down a fair bit and keep myself reined in much more now. I’ve also started doing a lot more excercise like riding to work, going to the gym regularly etc and that helps massively. Endorphins FTW!
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby King John Blaze » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Just grinding day to day at work to look after my wife and kid. Wish I could have a year off work just to get my mind right. I am blagging it at work at the moment as I am suffering from depression and literally have 0 motivation to do anything. Sometimes it takes me two weeks to complete a task that should have taken 2 minutes.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:09 am

To be serious, I am trying to find a new job, but it seems like I am stuck on one career track.

I wish I forgot about the bitcoins I mined in the early days so I wouldn't have to work again.

Mr. Frozen has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby UnHoly Bible » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:36 pm

I spent my years wading through the abyss, made it to the other side only just barely. I tell ya this life stuff is a hassle. Now I'm working towards entering the culinary arts and hope to make a career or whatever in that area. Also hope to get back into creating some video games when I get the right inspiration. Other than that I'm enjoying just doing mindless work and enjoying art most of my days, and observing intently the world passing by. Thanks for asking!
UnHoly Bible
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Off Topic