What Do You Want To Know?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

What Do You Want To Know?

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:05 pm

The recent release of the JFK files made me think of this. A lot of people thought that wth the release of these files ‘the truth’ would finally come out.

If you could be allowed to find out the truth about one topic what would it be? You’ll get all the details. 9/11? Is the moon landing real? Is God real?

Whatever you pick will be delieved to you in the form of an essay that will be written so that you can understand it. Also you can’t tell anyone else about what you find out, no running to the press or anything like that.

For me I’d want to know about life outside of earth and how much we really know about them. Does the government know and keep the news hidden? Do aliens know about us and we don’t know about them? Or are we really alone?

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: OL, ShenGCH
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: What Do You Want To Know?

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:24 pm

It's a toss up between what happens after death and the true identity of Jack the Ripper. As much as I would love to know the truth behind the latter, I'd have to go with the former. The answer might be underwhelming (i.e., you just stop existing, etc.), but at least I would have the answer to something that has been on my mind for as long as I can remember.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:26 pm

phpBB [video]

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Rakim
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby KidMarine » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Saturn Shenmue/Virtua Fighter 3. I'm not even sure if I'm kidding or not.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm

The God/afterlife/higher power issue. Does it exist? Is there anything after this? Are there any consequences for what we do while we're alive?
I'm not a religious guy by a long shot, but having grown up around the idea of this stuff existing, I do naturally feel restricted from certain things in life. I believe that as animals, humans are naturally violent to some extent, but we resist our urges because of societal values which were decided based upon -- big surprise -- religion. But if nothing exists after this, and there are no consequences for anything we do, then why the hell shouldn't I go right ahead and kill whoever pisses me off, or take whatever I want? What use do we have for the concepts of "decency" and "respect" if nothing higher exists? Why make any effort for anyone other than yourself if this is the case?
People who concretely claim to either be atheists or nihilists confuse me, because typically they still conform to the societal expectations of decency that we're all taught... but if they really don't believe in anything higher than themselves, then why do they bother to do anything other than that which serves their own pleasure?
Be nice to know what actually does or doesn't exist, so I could either live entirely for myself or work harder toward the afterlife. People act like I'm being silly when I say that I feel old, but deep down I really do feel like death ain't that far off. Knowing the grander scheme of things (or the lack thereof) would make it a lot easier to digest whatever happens in life. I could either be a far better person, or live content in the knowledge that it doesn't matter either way.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:34 pm

That's a good question. Life outside our planet might be my number one too, but these are some other things I'd like to know. Are we in base reality? What were the full contents of the Alexandria library at its peak? What was the real Jesus Christ's actual full life story? What are the most gnarly extinct species of plants and animals that we don't know about? What up wit tha sphinx tho? What really went on at Neverland Ranch?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:23 am

Why Do Kids Love the Taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, Rakim
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mr357 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:33 am

What is the Matrix?
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby King John Blaze » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:52 pm

How the hell do computers work. You're on a island with all the earths elements and the means to mine and manipulate them.....

How do you make Windows?
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby myshtuff » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:37 am

I want to know what the Wow signal is. This happened about an hour and a half North of me in the 70s (way before I was born) and its always fascinated me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Return to Off Topic